PDA

View Full Version : Wilding in NW Scotland POI updates

HinnyHymer
10-08-2014, 21:15
I am newish to the forum so hope this is posted in the right place??

Just back from 3 weeks in NW and updated with a bit more information

1) Loch Maree off A832 signposted Slattadale car park-good level space, loch view, toilets open 24 hours.

2) Car Park just past Gairloch Heritage Museum on Poolewe Road. Fabulous views of the bay

3) Achiltibuie just down from junction with public toilets.
Parked on the beach for two nights. Good shop in village and petrol. Nice village Hall -showers £2 for campers and wi-fi

4) Drumbeg
The CR is at the viewpoint with picnic tables, public toilets 2 minutes away. Shop, coffee shop and pub in village 5 mins walk.

5)Tongue
LR at the memorial, very quiet road. Tongue hotel has good wi fi.

6)Skelbo
Just outside Dornoch LR-choice of 3 with fabulous views of estuary.

7) Hilton/Balintore-Seaboard Villages
Car park opposite Seaboard Memorial Hall we arrived without planning . But if you ring in advance you can access excellent facilities

East Street, Balintore,
BY TAIN, IV20 1UA
01862 832888
Office open Mon-Fri 10am-3pm
Café open Tue-Fri 10am-2.30pm

Visitor Facilities @ Seaboard Hall

If you are visiting the Seaboard Area and need the use of toilets, a shower and a washing machine you can find these all at the Seaboard Memorial Hall. We have recently built these facilities for the use of visitors to the area. Contact us in advance and for a small fee we will give you a code to allow you to enter the area at any time of the day or night.

Seaboard Villages | Seaboard Villages of Hilton, Balintore & Shandwick (http://www.seaboardvillages.com/)

8)Tomatin
CU with toilets open all night

9) Dunkeld

Main car park has rear section, more private. Access local facilites. Free 6pm tp 8am

Apologies if this needs to go somewhere else.

POI Admin
10-08-2014, 22:18
Thanks for all the updates etc - most useful :D

For future updates to existing POIs it is a great help if you quote the name of the POI.

I have added a couple of new spots from your information ...

wints
11-08-2014, 10:22
Sounds fabulous. Is that the same coast, near Banff & Macduff, which is good for dolphin spotting ?

Thanks
Allen

Aquaticaquarian
11-08-2014, 10:53
Sounds fabulous. Is that the same coast, near Banff & Macduff, which is good for dolphin spotting ?

Thanks
Allen

I'm afraid not, Banff & Macduff are situated in Northern Grampian, you need to be heading a tad further north for the other locations mentioned.:plane:

HinnyHymer
11-08-2014, 11:22
Thanks for all the updates etc - most useful :D

For future updates to existing POIs it is a great help if you quote the name of the POI.

I have added a couple of new spots from your information ...

Hi, thanks, need to keep better notes!!

hippy travels
11-08-2014, 11:36
Many thanks for the info. We are due to go to Scotland at the end of the month so they will be very helpful
Nicki & John

John H
11-08-2014, 12:24
Hi

A good read - it brought back some lovely memories. Just one point - if that car park at the Gairloch Heritage Centre is the one I am thinking of, then it is a tight fit for larger vans. We tried to pull in there but had to abandon it.

HinnyHymer
13-08-2014, 06:31
Hi

A good read - it brought back some lovely memories. Just one point - if that car park at the Gairloch Heritage Centre is the one I am thinking of, then it is a tight fit for larger vans. We tried to pull in there but had to abandon it.

Hi,
It wasn't at the Heritage centre but about 500m further up the hill and we have a 7m Hymer and it was fine. The view was gorgeous[ATTACH=CONFIG]24355

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS