PDA

View Full Version : At the beach

terrysun
02-09-2005, 18:52
Just past Whitstable at Tankerton there is a beach with all the beach huts on. The road that is just behind the beach huts is usually empty after 9 p.m. when the beach hut owners go home and there are usually a couple of campervans parked overnight. Mostly during the day there is parking if not too many beach hut owners are there. Wonderful to open the door of the van in the morning and see the sea.
Terry

moy
04-09-2005, 09:31
have wild camped on the tankerton slopes for years now never had any problems, but after the bank holiday weekend can forsee locals becoming anti motorhomes, there were so many there, I was informed by a local that we have come to know quite well over the years that people in the houses overlooking the sea were anoyed that so many of the vans were not moving off during the day making it difficult for the beach hut owners and dog walkers to do there thing, please if you are going to use this spot consider the locals or we will lose yet another spot to the dreaded no overnighting signs

terrysun
04-09-2005, 22:26
Yes, I agree totally. We had a cuppa and sat around chatting to people and left as the beach hut owners were arriving. We were moving on to go elsewhere for the day. I did speak to one lady resident of the houses opposite and she said that her neighbours were a bit miffed that she had her own campervan in her drive!!!
I'm sure that if everyone was considerate then we would co-exist quite happily.

Messy
10-11-2006, 01:00
Been there loads in my old VW, never had a problem ... many of the locals even nod to say hello.

Great spot.

keith-17
10-03-2009, 18:43
i've stopped over there many a night when visiting friends in whitstable , the last part of the road is a dead end but you sometimes get the odd boy racer there but it's lovley and quite from about 11pm on and i have never been asked to move , the sunsets from there are wonderful ...
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e311/vifferk/P6170009.jpg

a wonderful view of sheppy and the channel forts along with the windfarm can be seen too

DocHoliday
28-10-2010, 11:22
Stayed there last night, along with a handul of other motorhomes. Very quiet - just a few dog walkers doing the usual door slamming in the morning.
N51.36546
E1.06107

vipper
31-10-2010, 17:01
Was there last night. Good spot.

keith-17
18-07-2011, 10:18
Still a good spot ...there again last week and probably this week too ... if you see me there say hi :)

lotty
18-07-2011, 15:23
we were there just over week ago, had great time there. Nice meal in The Royal pub too. A little noise from boy racers but all quiet by 10.30pm.
:cool1:

MartianTom
18-07-2011, 16:23
I was there last Saturday night, along with about 6 other MHers. A lovely, peaceful night was had by all, too!:)

Campervanman
18-07-2011, 17:22
Yes... lovely place... was there last April for a couple of nights... Not so good when the wind is blowing from the south via the sewage works... Phwoaahh!

keith-17
18-07-2011, 19:20
ah yes thats true campervan man :)
hopefully we'll be there tuesday night ... LDV luton with red/blue stripes along the sides ..can't miss it ... lol

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS