PDA

View Full Version : Who knew this about Penguins?

Polar Bear
12-09-2014, 15:37
Dead Penguins - I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica ? Where do they go? Wonder no more!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact

with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice,

using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

It's so easy to fool OLD people. I am sorry, an urge came over me that made me do it!!!

Oh quit whining! I fell for it, too! :eek:

campervanannie
12-09-2014, 15:48
Dead Penguins - I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica ? Where do they go? Wonder no more!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact

with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice,

using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

It's so easy to fool OLD people. I am sorry, an urge came over me that made me do it!!!

Oh quit whining! I fell for it, too! :eek:

Well I did cos if a polar bear tells you about penguins then it must be true. Then your not a real polar bear are you huh! How dumb am I.

Polar Bear
12-09-2014, 15:56
Well I did cos if a polar bear tells you about penguins then it must be true. Then your not a real polar bear are you huh! How dumb am I.

The worst thing about being a Polar Bear is having never met a penguin!

so much food and so far away. :eek:

runnach
12-09-2014, 15:56
Baby Polar bear says to mummy bear, mum, am I a real polar bear, not a brown bear, not a grizzly bear? Yes son, you are 100% polar bear, if you don't believe me, ask your dad.

Baby bear leaves den, walks down to dad sniffing for seals on the ice pack.

Dad, am I a real polar bear, not a brown bear, not a grizzly bear, or some other type of bear?

No son says dad, you are 100% polar bear cub, why are you asking?

Because I'm fecking freezing says cub :lol-053:

Polar Bear
12-09-2014, 15:59
Baby Polar bear says to mummy bear, mum, am I a real polar bear, not a brown bear, not a grizzly bear? Yes son, you are 100% polar bear, if you don't believe me, ask your dad.

Baby bear leaves den, walks down to dad sniffing for seals on the ice pack.

Dad, am I a real polar bear, not a brown bear, not a grizzly bear, or some other type of bear?

No son says dad, you are 100% polar bear cub, why are you asking?

Because I'm fecking freezing says cub :lol-053:

It's not 3easy being a Polar Bear. :eek:

CAL
13-09-2014, 03:03
All the way to the end, hook, line and sinker. Why no dead penguins ? Perhaps they taste good barbecued and cannibalized ?
But where would penguins keep matches ?

Tezza33
13-09-2014, 08:46
But where would penguins keep matches ?
In a matchbox obviously, I don't know where they keep the matchbox though:confused:

campervanannie
13-09-2014, 08:48
In a matchbox obviously, I don't know where they keep the matchbox though:confused:

In the pocket of their Penguin suit silly.or is that suite????

jagmanx
13-09-2014, 10:54
They can't get the wrappers off !

They can't afford them !

Bopper
13-09-2014, 11:20
There's been a big bust up in the biscuit tin! A bandit called rocky who was crackers hit a penguin over the head with a club, tied him to a wagon wheel with a blue ribband, kidnapped a trophy and made his breakaway in a taxi. The police say rocky was last seen just after eight by a viscount from maryland hobnobbing with a ginger nut Unfortunately the police have not got a crumb of evidence.

Deleted user 21925
13-09-2014, 11:21
They can't get the wrappers off !

They can't afford them !

And they can't p-p-pick 'em up.

Sharon the Cat
13-09-2014, 11:28
I was once bitten on the bum by a penguin.
They have very sharp edges on their beaks!

Bopper
13-09-2014, 11:33
I read that too quick, I thought it said you had sharp edges on your cheeks!

campervanannie
13-09-2014, 11:43

hows the penguin?

Sharon the Cat
13-09-2014, 11:48
hows the penguin?

Very happy after he'd got his rock back to sit on.

Polar Bear
13-09-2014, 11:54

Hi Sharon. Where did you meet your penguin?

I was surprised when I saw there was lots in South Africa. :eek:

Sharon the Cat
13-09-2014, 12:14
Hi Sharon. Where did you meet your penguin?

I was surprised when I saw there was lots in South Africa. :eek:

Boulders Beach, Simonstown South Africa, near Cape Town. It's a famous spot for penguins. There are signs warning you to check under you car before driving away as they like to sleep in the shade.

I once new a guy who worked for the British Trust for Ornithology, when he first told me he was working with penguins in South Africa I thought he was having me on.

Polar Bear
13-09-2014, 14:08
Boulders Beach, Simonstown South Africa, near Cape Town. It's a famous spot for penguins. There are signs warning you to check under you car before driving away as they like to sleep in the shade.

I once new a guy who worked for the British Trust for Ornithology, when he first told me he was working with penguins in South Africa I thought he was having me on.

That's where I saw them too.

Tezza33
13-09-2014, 14:27
I didn't see any in Johannesburg, didn't see any Polar Bears either come to think of it :dog:

Sharon the Cat
13-09-2014, 14:33
I didn't see any in Johannesburg, didn't see any Polar Bears either come to think of it :dog:

You don't see the penguins unless you look under the cars.
You don't see the bears unless you step on the cracks in the pavement.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS