PDA

View Full Version : Abersach, Gwynedd No Motorhome sign

brondalar
18-09-2014, 13:54
A sign has been erected on the approach road to the WC location stopping motorhomes from using the road.

Very sad

POI Admin
18-09-2014, 20:38
Do you mean Abersoch?

I don't believe that it is legal to prohibit access to a road by motorhomes ...

johnkyte
18-09-2014, 21:00
What is a motorhome???
I have a panel van,,still registered as such ,,with sink,gas rings ,seat and table in the back

I doubt if that is a motorhome
What do you think??

Siimplyloco
18-09-2014, 21:06
IIRC, vehicles can only be prohibited from accessing any highway by virtue of width, height or weight. What's inside them should be irrelevant, unless it's nuclear waste of course.....
John

channa
18-09-2014, 21:12
The definition on V5's is Motor Caravan not motor home nowadays... Enjoy the same status as a car body type is of no relevance argued this with Blackpool council and had a ticket overturned although they didnt admit this was the reason

Channa

supernan
26-09-2014, 12:14
the blue sign on the road as been there for a while I agree with the one on the road as not to block the farmers field ,one as just been erected on the beach which to me means nothing ,as its been erected by the locals and means nothing ,its common land and a public beach as far as I am concerned ,I will continue to stay there as I wish it is only the locals that are complaining and they want to start cleaning up after there dogs which is breaking the law

antiqueman
26-09-2014, 12:19
the blue sign on the road as been there for a while I agree with the one on the road as not to block the farmers field ,one as just been erected on the beach which to me means nothing ,as its been erected by the locals and means nothing ,its common land and a public beach as far as I am concerned ,I will continue to stay there as I wish it is only the locals that are complaining and they want to start cleaning up after there dogs which is breaking the law

any pictures of signs anyone?

muzz
08-04-2015, 22:46
The sign states no caravan or motor homes and I think HGV.

Having tried to visit in my 7.2mts MH I can understand why it's there as it would be a very difficult manouver to make the right hand turn. I visited in the dark and once I came to the turning I had to back out.

It's a blue circular road sign giving instruction

Hope this helps

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS