PDA

View Full Version : VENICE for 16 per night

Talbot
24-09-2014, 19:25
A very pleasant and relaxing way to visit Venice, we can highly recommend 'Parking Dante Alighieri' at Punta Sabbioni. GPS coordinates: 45.441329, 12.421213. It is in Bordatlas book.

Areasosta Italia - Scoprire l'Italia in Camper: Aree Sosta, Punti Sosta, Agri-Campeggi, Camper Service, Campeggi e molto altro... (http://www.areasostaitalia.it/area-sosta/?id=409#sthash.LmAWMCDE.dpbs)

This is a small Area De Sosta just 650 metres (5 minute walk) to the Venice water taxi's. He is a very pleasant and helpful owner. He charges 20 euros per night (under 16) or 23 euros with EHU. The toilet and shower block is kept immaculately clean and there is an easily accessible service point with all usual facilities. He operates 24 hour video surveillance and locks the gate at 10pm every night. However you can still enjoy Venice until late (if you wish) as there is also a pedestrian gate that will remain open.

You can purchase a 1, 2, 3 or 7 day water taxi pass (20, 30, 40, 70 per person). This entitles you to travel on any of the 22 routes around Venice and surrounding islands such as Murano and Burano which are all good places to visit. We enjoyed exploring Venice on the water taxi just as much as exploring on foot.

The water taxi's leave Punta Sabbioni every 30 minutes and takes 20 minutes directly to San Marco square in Venice. Returning from Venice to Punta Sabbioni go to terminal A and take either water taxi's number 14 or 15 back to your motorhome.

This pass also entitles you to travel up and down the canal in Venice and you can get off and on any water taxi at your leisure. This is an easy stress free way to explore the many streets and waterways. Internal water taxi's number 1 and 2 for the canal network. The pass really becomes good value for money the more island hopping you do and an added bonus is that you can enjoy a few drinks in Venice and don't have to drive home.

As well as thousands of interesting restaurants in Venice, there is also an Italian restaurant adjoining the camp site. We ordered two pizzas and they were made from scratch with fresh ingredients in front of us and were delicious. Not bad for 6 euros. I don't think this is owned by the camp site not unless it's his brother or something.

tommytli
25-09-2014, 09:04
I was around there in august and it was over 40 euro pn in that place. al baeto ( spelling ) was 45 euro pn and miramare was 48 euro pn.
If you get there early enough on the same road as all these theres camper parking on the road and you pay by meter and this is less than 10 euro for 24hrs.

Talbot
25-09-2014, 15:28
I was around there in august and it was over 40 euro pn in that place. al baeto ( spelling ) was 45 euro pn and miramare was 48 euro pn.
If you get there early enough on the same road as all these theres camper parking on the road and you pay by meter and this is less than 10 euro for 24hrs.

Same thing happened to me last year in Czechoslovakia. Stopped at a busy site and asked the owner how much a night. He said 35 euros. I went back to our motorhome and came back with the Bordatlas book. I showed him his site in the book and that it shows 12 euros a night. He wrote out a ticket and charged me 11 euros per night.

Camping Alighieri is offering Bordatlas members 20 euros per night in July and August which is what we paid. See for yourself, it's in the book. It pays to question!!

Also much better experience being on a campsite than on the road. We got a nice hot shower after a long day exploring Venice. Get the chairs and the BBQ out and have a few beers and wine. Makes for a lovely evening. No comparison to parking on the road. But hey, everyone to their own. Enjoy!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS