PDA

View Full Version : North Scotland Trip from Inverness up and some of the islands - June / July 2015

Jitterbug
29-09-2014, 21:08
Hi all members - firstly let me apologise if I am posting this in the wrong area but I am relatively new and cannot see any place obvious as I don't think it falls under Meets/Gatherings

I am wanting to do a trip up to north Scotland (from Bournemouth area) next June / July 2015 and am pretty flexible from Fort William up but would like to do some of the islands and end up at John O Groats but which routes we take is not critical. I am looking at a month minimum and wondered if there were any other members who would be interested in doing the same and meeting up somewhere as I am a single woman with my jack Russell and it can get lonely at times with all the travelling etc. Am even prepared to look at someone travelling with me (female) in my campervan and sharing costs.

If anyone is interested please contact me for further discussion. Thanks

Wooie1958
30-09-2014, 05:59
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You might want to re-think your timescale a bit.

June, July and August can be pretty bad for the midges up there and particularly in the west.

Obanboy666
30-09-2014, 06:15
Yes, as previous poster mentioned the midgies can be drastic June, July and August but i was up as high as Lochinver this August and had no problems.
I would just go for it and take the chance, more chance of good weather and longer daylight into the bargain.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS