PDA

View Full Version : face ache

campervanannie
11-10-2014, 10:12
Well gang here's the deal, I joined face ache this week not sure why but probably unashamed noseyness. Now I'm not thick although I do a good impression sometimes but the jargon just gets me every time its a bit like learning another language and I was never very good at that when I was at school, I did learn to speak enough German to get me by when I lived out there and was desperate to learn French at school but that had more to do with Mr Leclaire the hottest sexiest French man that should never have been allowed in an all girls grammar school let alone speaking French to them then we found out he was married with a young baby broke our hearts , anyway back on track is there a how to or a jargon buster as at the moment it:pc::pc::pc::help::help:might as well be in Chinese but I will persevere and hope fully crack it soon

kenspain
11-10-2014, 10:18
Try writing backwoods that all they understand:wave::wave::lol-053::lol-053:

izwozral
11-10-2014, 10:27
Well gang here's the deal, I joined face ache this week not sure why but probably unashamed noseyness. Now I'm not thick although I do a good impression sometimes but the jargon just gets me every time its a bit like learning another language and I was never very good at that when I was at school, I did learn to speak enough German to get me by when I lived out there and was desperate to learn French at school but that had more to do with Mr Leclaire the hottest sexiest French man that should never have been allowed in an all girls grammar school let alone speaking French to them then we found out he was married with a young baby broke our hearts , anyway back on track is there a how to or a jargon buster as at the moment it:pc::pc::pc::help::help:might as well be in Chinese but I will persevere and hope fully crack it soon

I can't understand my 22 year old daughter who is totally savvy with Face ache, Twatter, Bebo, Buzznet etc etc. I don't know if it is the social networking sites that dictates the language or vice versa but she might aswell be talking Swahili.
And don't get me started on text, what the bloody hell is that language? The Clangers were more coherent!

Or am just getting too old & stuck in my ways?

campervanannie
11-10-2014, 10:35
I can't understand my 22 year old daughter who is totally savvy with Face ache, Twatter, Bebo, Buzznet etc etc. I don't know if it is the social networking sites that dictates the language or vice versa but she might aswell be talking Swahili.
And don't get me started on text, what the bloody hell is that language? The Clangers were more coherent!

Or am just getting too old & stuck in my ways?

Well I'm trying my best to be in there and down with the kids but like you say its Swahili and when I asked my granddaughter for a little help she very politely said its not really got the oldies that made me more determined .

Tezza
11-10-2014, 12:03
Dont worry ....and there are millions of us Senior people on there....its not an exclusive club for the kids...and there are so many pages that are of interest if you have a particular hobby or interest. Stick with it...it will be worth it :)

The Camper
11-10-2014, 12:57
We find itís the only way that we can see what the kids and grandkids are up to :)

Wooie1958
11-10-2014, 13:07
I`ve got neck ache.

GinaRon
11-10-2014, 13:11
Well Annie, if I can do it(just) then I am sure a clever girl like you can. I also use it to keep in touch with family and it still feels like hard work sometime and if I leave it for a couple of days I have to start again and work out what to do :scared::rulez:

clf86ha
11-10-2014, 14:11
this may help you fathom the enigma code the kids speak:
The Largest List of Chat Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-) (http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php)
Text Messaging and Online Chat Abbreviations - Webopedia (http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp)

as for working out how to use faceache itself, that's still a work in progress for me too

yorkslass
11-10-2014, 18:27
The Largest List of Chat Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) found of the Web - kept current and up-to-date by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-) (http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php)
Text Messaging and Online Chat Abbreviations - Webopedia (http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp)

as for working out how to use faceache itself, that's still a work in progress for me too

sounds like too much hard work.:D

dave and mary
12-10-2014, 05:58

Thanks for the links they are great I can now chat with people 50 years younger than me. :lol-049: :lol-049:

:drive: :drive:

mariesnowgoose
12-10-2014, 06:05
Faceache (or ArseBook I call it :D ) can be pretty crappy imho.

In fact, I'm amazed at its popularity, but maybe that's only because it was the first mass-communication web application of its kind to catch on because it was slightly better than anything else at the time?

Yes, I use it and yes, I find some bits useful.

But from a software design point of view there are elements that are totally insane, badly thought out and very frustrating for the "end user".

Still, they're constantly tweaking it, so the sad b*gg*rs might eventually make it work better one day in the future! ;) :D

Martin P
12-10-2014, 07:05
Faceache (or ArseBook I call it :D ) can be pretty crappy imho.

In fact, I'm amazed at its popularity, but maybe that's only because it was the first mass-communication web application of its kind to catch on because it was slightly better than anything else at the time?

Yes, I use it and yes, I find some bits useful.

But from a software design point of view there are elements that are totally insane, badly thought out and very frustrating for the "end user".

Still, they're constantly tweaking it, so the sad b*gg*rs might eventually make it work better one day in the future! ;) :D

At least we can thank god you're not getting grumpy

mariesnowgoose
12-10-2014, 07:53
At least we can thank god you're not getting grumpy

Moi? Grumpy?! Never in a million years! {said Pinnochio} :p :lol-053: :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS