PDA

View Full Version : Oxfordshire Halloween meet 30-31st Oct followed by Folk Club Meet 1st Nov

CarParkJane
13-10-2014, 18:30
Halloween meet nr Banbury OX17 1HJ, Warwick Road. B4100 30th - 31st Oct
Unlimited FREE space at a recently closed golf club, no facilities. Single storey wooden 'Club House Bar' will be opened if we have enough numbers.
ALSO we are invited to stay on and join The Banbury Folk Club Post Festival Gathering on 1st Nov where they have a 'bring food to share buffet' (bar will be open for that) and a large bonfire, bring a firework if you would like. (There will be a couple of announcements etc. and a fair amount of singing)

DRESS CODE!!!! red or orange or black in any combination!!! for Halloween

RoaminRog
13-10-2014, 18:45
Really really sorry but won't be able to make the Meet, it sounds like it could be good fun. I am organising an old boys reunion to be held on 1st Nov and the run up to it is going to be frantic.
Good luck and hope all goes well!

Best regards Rog and Chris.

andromeda
13-10-2014, 19:40
Unlimited FREE space at a recently closed golf club, no facilities. Single storey wooden 'Club House Bar' will be opened if we have enough numbers.
ALSO we are invited to stay on and join The Banbury Folk Club Post Festival Gathering on 1st Nov where they have a 'bring food to share buffet' (bar will be open for that) and a large bonfire, bring a firework if you would like. (There will be a couple of announcements etc. and a fair amount of singing)

I'd be interested please; nice and close for me:boat:

MykCamper
13-10-2014, 20:01
:wave: Put me down please Jane,:bow: just my scene, & they speak my language around there so won't need to bring a translator with me!!:lol-053:

gonga
13-10-2014, 21:16
yes, ,sounds cool Jane, I,l be there too! I better start baking again!!!

toystory
14-10-2014, 05:51
hi jane,
its good for me.see you there

Penny13
14-10-2014, 09:17
Count me in :)

dryad
14-10-2014, 09:27
hmmmm, not too far for me i guess, will it be possible to decide at the last minute?
i only say that as this summer has been a bit of a bummer for me healthwise and all previous plans have gone to pot so far, but will continue to keep fingers crossed..
got to dip me toes in the water sometime and get to meet some of you.. :)

Penny13
14-10-2014, 09:46

Is this it Jane ?

dave and mary
14-10-2014, 10:57
Sounds good count us in.

:drive: :drive:

toystory
14-10-2014, 12:25

hi jane;is it grass or hardstanding'or both ,are you sure there is no outside tap as after a round of golf the ole boys allways wash there balls.????
regards
toystory

campervanannie
14-10-2014, 13:22
hi jane;is it grass or hardstanding'or both ,are you sure there is no outside tap as after a round of golf the ole boys allways wash there balls.????
regards
toystory

Personal hygiene again Pierre tut tut.

bill scouse
14-10-2014, 14:02
The last time i was there with Banbury Folk ,there was Water & chemical dump.

zantiagreen
14-10-2014, 17:47
Hi
I'd love to come but can't come until Friday night. Can we stay until Monday morning do you know?

Ta
Jill

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 19:59
hmmmm, not too far for me i guess, will it be possible to decide at the last minute?
i only say that as this summer has been a bit of a bummer for me healthwise and all previous plans have gone to pot so far, but will continue to keep fingers crossed..
got to dip me toes in the water sometime and get to meet some of you.. :)

Do Come and paddle with us! et me know whenever, hoping to see you there.
Jane

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:06
regards
toystory
Hi
Both are available, however there is a Rally field which I thought we may all congregate in which is grass.
as to balls....I have not discussed personal habits with any 'ole boys' !
Jane

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:13
Hi
I'd love to come but can't come until Friday night. Can we stay until Monday morning do you know?

Ta
Jill

Hi Jill
I expect that it would be OK to stay on in fact I probably will. I know that builders will be starting but probably we can sweet talk them into starting somewhere else on the site!
ALSO...wear something red/orange/black for halloween!
xxJane

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:14
regards
toystory

ALSO wear red/orange/black for halloween!

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:17
I'd be interested please; nice and close for me:boat:

Wear red/orange/black for Halloween!

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:28

Is this it Jane ?

Hi Penny
I think this looks like where my sat nav sent me . I just went back down drive to road and crossed.
Look at Drayton Leisure Centre, Banbury. BUT remember it has closed so don't get excited!
See you soon
XX J

CarParkJane
14-10-2014, 20:36
The last time i was there with Banbury Folk ,there was Water & chemical dump.

The venue is no longer....so all off!

Penny13
14-10-2014, 22:15
Pleased to see this in meets now Jane :)
Wear Halloween colours, but will they suit me lol ;)

antiquesam
15-10-2014, 10:53
Sorry. The chap I occasionally work for has lost his step father this week and understandably is looking for cover to keep him at home, the result is no weekend away for me.

andromeda
15-10-2014, 13:03
Is the meet cancelled or did I misinterpret the thread I read?:sad:

Penny13
15-10-2014, 14:57
Is the meet cancelled or did I misinterpret the thread I read?:sad:
I think Jane means the services that where on site are off !

RoaminRog
15-10-2014, 16:11
The venue is no longer....so all off!

I think Jane is saying that the facilities are not there anymore because the Golf Club has closed down.

Regards Rog.

CarParkJane
15-10-2014, 22:47
I think Jane is saying that the facilities are not there anymore because the Golf Club has closed down.

Regards Rog.
Yes...The golf club closed so no facilities!

Lee
17-10-2014, 15:37
A meet so close to home but we can't make it........ Might pop up for te day to say hello....

campervanannie
21-10-2014, 19:35
OK can't resist put my name down anything that carpark Jane is organising I'm in. XX

Daiboy
22-10-2014, 14:01
Can you please put me down for this one. Daiboy

Deleted user 21925
22-10-2014, 15:01
Yes please, I would like to attend.

spigot
22-10-2014, 16:52
Yes please, put our name down.

Might be an idea to mention that the postcode stated is someone's house, they might not be too happy if a load of vans turn up in their drive!

DAVEY
22-10-2014, 19:40
Have to work Saturday morning so unable to attend for the weekend.

Someone has to keep paying income tax to keep all the retired members in tea bags and diesel!

Will try to get there Saturday afternoon for a visit.

(Does a black motorbike count as Halloween colours?)

Davey.

paulhelenwilko
24-10-2014, 08:18
Hi all,

We will be driving up from Dover Saturday afternoon so if all well we will stop off for the night. Can you just clarify if there is water and or Toilet dump ?

Enjoy Halloween.

Paul and Helen.

RoaminRog
24-10-2014, 08:25
If you read post #1 Paul, I don't think there are any facilities at all.
Regards Rog.

Penny13
24-10-2014, 19:40
No facilities jane said.

CarParkJane
25-10-2014, 16:46
Hi all,

We will be driving up from Dover Saturday afternoon so if all well we will stop off for the night. Can you just clarify if there is water and or Toilet dump ?

Enjoy Halloween.

Paul and Helen.H
Hi
As club is closing I do not know for certain what will be available. So could be nothing at all ...sorry
Do you still want to come?????
Carpark Jane

campervanannie
25-10-2014, 18:33
H
Hi
As club is closing I do not know for certain what will be available. So could be nothing at all ...sorry
Carpark Jane

YES all we need is somewhere to park

campervanannie
25-10-2014, 18:56
YES all we need is somewhere to park .

Completely miss read post it's an age thing or a wine thing .

campervanannie
25-10-2014, 18:58
H
Hi
Carpark Jane

YES all we need is somewhere to park.

toystory
25-10-2014, 18:59
YES all we need is somewhere to park and I have made my fancy dress now so I'll be there carpark Jane stop being negative we make our own entertainment.

hi annie; how will we know when you have this fancy dress on,if its a witches outfit ;I surpose the broom will give it away ,
see you thusday
pierre

campervanannie
25-10-2014, 19:02
hi annie; how will we know when you have this fancy dress on,if its a witches outfit ;I surpose the broom will give it away ,
see you thusday
pierre
my tablet is playing filly nuggets that should say silly buggers see you Thursday I have only had 2 glasses of wine and I csnno type

MykCamper
25-10-2014, 19:12
Completely miss read post it's an age thing or a wine thing .

:rolleyes2:Definitely the Latter!:cheers:
Your Too young for it to be the former!!:raofl::lol-053::lol-053:

andromeda
25-10-2014, 20:40
Do you want me to bring gazebo?

Penny13
25-10-2014, 20:53
Gazebo yes please :)

Penny13
25-10-2014, 20:55
Hi guys this is a week away I will be with you Fri evening as my daughter is joing us ! She has an agenda mind and will be filming us for her media course at Uni, if you object please say ;)

carol
25-10-2014, 20:58
Is she making a horror film? :):wacko:

campervanannie
25-10-2014, 21:55
Is she making a horror film? :):wacko:
Carol are you joining us.

MykCamper
25-10-2014, 22:01
:bow::idea:Grand idea, Anne, weather forecast is very mild, light rain Friday with southerly breezes!:dance:

Penny13
26-10-2014, 10:20
Yes Carol lol ;)

carol
26-10-2014, 13:10
Carol are you joining us.

Don't think I'll make it :(

Moonraker 2
26-10-2014, 13:52
Just a warning it is the tail end of half term so the Friday and Saturday might be even more choca on the roads. I was hoping to squeeze in a few more camping trips so if the weather stays fair I hope to come. Can't if the weather turns as I have no heating. I do not have facilities in my van, will I be allowed to discreetly use my little trowel?

campervanannie
26-10-2014, 15:02
Just a warning it is the tail end of half term so the Friday and Saturday might be even more choca on the roads. I was hoping to squeeze in a few more camping trips so if the weather stays fair I hope to come. Can't if the weather turns as I have no heating. I do not have facilities in my van, will I be allowed to discreetly use my little trowel?

I don't have heating or facilities and I'm going wrap up warm and sh!t in a bag works for me.

Penny13
26-10-2014, 15:18
Even with facilities I going to **** in a bag :) don't know number two child will though :(

paulhelenwilko
26-10-2014, 17:14
Even with facilities I going to **** in a bag :) don't know number two child will though :(

Pleeeease..... can we change the subject ...... everytime we meet now I am going to have an image in my head ........

spigot
26-10-2014, 18:02
Just a warning it is the tail end of half term so the Friday and Saturday might be even more choca on the roads.

The roads are usually bad on a normal Friday & I try not to travel on this day anyway.

Will it be OK to turn up on Thursday? is anyone else coming then?

campervanannie
26-10-2014, 18:14
I'll be there Thursday as I will drive through the night Wed, for no other reason than I like to drive at night.

paulhelenwilko
26-10-2014, 20:05
H
Hi
Carpark Jane

Yes please we will be there if all goes well with ferries etc on the Saturday. Just needed to know to keep the tank full, and empty the toilet when the opportunity rises. Just means we will be using Dutch Water in Oxford.

Paul and Helen.

Moonraker 2
27-10-2014, 07:57
The weather forecast is warm for the weekend, approx 16 during the day and 13 at night which is good!! Some rain on Sunday and Monday. I would like to arrive Thursday and I hope to see you all there. I will bring my little trowel with me. Items encased in plastic for the next 1000 years is not good for me, I will be willing to show the daughter bush craft but do not want to be filmed for the Uni project!

campervanannie
27-10-2014, 08:34
The weather forecast is warm for the weekend, approx 16 during the day and 13 at night which is good!! Some rain on Sunday and Monday. I would like to arrive Thursday and I hope to see you all there. I will bring my little trowel with me. Items encased in plastic for the next 1000 years is not good for me, I will be willing to show the daughter bush craft but do not want to be filmed for the Uni project!

I'll have you know I only use biodegradable nappy bags for my number toozies, I may sh!t in a bag but I have a bit of a green concience. :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

CarParkJane
27-10-2014, 08:45
Good news for all you halloweeners ... There will be water and chemical disposal AND WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN FIRE.
BBQ sounds brill so please everyone bring own meat. I will bring coleslaw salad and uncooked pots (hopefully oven owners will cook!) for all. We have offer of Halloween cakes so yes please to that. I am told that Campervan Annie will be dressing for the occasion !!! so please , join in with fancy dress or just orange/red/black please .......
OK see you all there.
We are to be all together in seperate field so just look for me!!
Carparkjane Xx

campervanannie
27-10-2014, 08:59
Good news for all you halloweeners ... There will be water and chemical disposal AND WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN FIRE.
BBQ sounds brill so please everyone bring own meat. I will bring coleslaw salad and uncooked pots (hopefully oven owners will cook!) for all. We have offer of Halloween cakes so yes please to that. I am told that Campervan Annie will be dressing for the occasion !!! so please , join in with fancy dress or just orange/red/black please .......
OK see you all there.
Carparkjane Xx
Good I'll bring some wood more will be needed and firelighters I'm so exited now.

spigot
27-10-2014, 12:49
Co-Ords for the Golf Club.........N52.079275.....W1.370115

As I mentioned before the postcode OX17 1HJ takes you into the grounds of a large house & they might not be too happy to see a load of vans turning up.

MORGANTHEMOON
27-10-2014, 13:02
Good I'll bring some wood more will be needed and firelighters I'm so exited now.

You're nuts Annie! lol

campervanannie
27-10-2014, 13:56
You're nuts Annie! lol

It has been said Mr Moon but if you think that's nuts you should see my van i have tuned it into a witches coven(no comments or I'll turn you into a frog ) the van looks like the devils armpit. Well you have to have a laugh.

spigot
27-10-2014, 15:08
It has been said Mr Moon but if you think that's nuts you should see my van i have tuned it into a witches coven(no comments or I'll turn you into a frog ) the van looks like the devils armpit. .

What you need is:- Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Penny13
27-10-2014, 15:16
If you trust me I can cook some spuds ! Frogs newts ect ;)
So what is the correct address guys ?

campervanannie
27-10-2014, 17:08
Put in that post code penny as the golf course is just across the road in Google earth.

spigot
27-10-2014, 17:45
OK see you all there.
Carparkjane Xx

We've decided to do our bit, we are going to make Mulled Wine (Ainsley Harriott recipe)

andromeda
27-10-2014, 17:50
OK see you all there.
Carparkjane Xx

Have just got out all my Halloween stuff; would it help atmosphere if we decorated gazebo or is that over the top?

campervanannie
27-10-2014, 18:57
Have just got out all my Halloween stuff; would it help atmosphere if we decorated gazebo or is that over the top?

YES PLEASE brilliant can't wait for this meet.

andromeda
27-10-2014, 19:39
Okey Dokey:cool1:

Penny13
28-10-2014, 07:53
I knew Anne would say yes watch out Peter Mike think you might get decorated as well lol ;)

andromeda
28-10-2014, 08:07
I knew Anne would say yes watch out Peter Mike think you might get decorated as well lol ;)

Are you impugning my honour young lady? Mike quite safe. Leaving enchantment at home.

toystory
28-10-2014, 08:35

hi pen ; bring it on.

Moonraker 2
28-10-2014, 08:54
OK see you all there.
Carparkjane Xx

I am quite good at making home made coleslaw and as you have done so much already shall I make this? by the way how many are coming? so how much is enough?

andromeda
28-10-2014, 09:01
Where are the bonfire and folk club please? As the meet is local for me I have relatives who might come see me Saturday night.

MykCamper
28-10-2014, 09:18
Are you impugning my honour young lady? Mike quite safe. Leaving enchantment at home.

:rolleyes2: Ooooh that's a shame!!:cry::lol-053:

CarParkJane
28-10-2014, 09:34
Where are the bonfire and folk club please? As the meet is local for me I have relatives who might come see me Saturday night.

Folk Club in same place ( x golf club) and their bonfire/will be outside clubhouse.
Don't forget we can join in with the folk club party with food/firework.... Bar will be open in clubhouse for the evening.
I will be there Thurs pm see all you ghosts/goules/witches there then!!!!
Carparkjane

CarParkJane
28-10-2014, 09:46
I am quite good at making home made coleslaw and as you have done so much already shall I make this? by the way how many are coming? so how much is enough?

That's very kind of you.... At last count we had about 14 vans ..... however I'm not sure how many witches and warlocks they may contain!
Carparkjane

dave and mary
28-10-2014, 11:16
There will be three of us, as we are bringing our friend Glades as she doesn't get out much only once a year actuary.25773

Be company for Annie.

:drive: :drive:

andromeda
28-10-2014, 11:23
Did pm you but don't know where it went. Are there any chidren coming? I know my grandchildren would love to but I also apprecite some people would prefer not. If not Friday what about Saturday? No offense if consensus not. Also do you have names of those coming because I promised someone I would look something out for them and if theyre not coming I wont bring it; my van is too small to carry too much extra :boat:

CarParkJane
28-10-2014, 12:10
Did pm you but don't know where it went. Are there any chidren coming? I know my grandchildren would love to but I also apprecite some people would prefer not. If not Friday what about Saturday? No offense if consensus not. Also do you have names of those coming because I promised someone I would look something out for them and if theyre not coming I wont bring it; my van is too small to carry too much extra :boat:
Story so far and apologies if I have missed anyone but struggling on my phone!

Andromeda
Myk camper
Gonga
Toystory
Penny 13
Dave & Mary
Simply
Campervanannie
Zantiagreen
Robmac
Spigot
Moonraker2
Carparkjane
(Sat-leelinda,davey,paulwilko)
As to children... None and probably best not to folk party....( I'm guessing but lots drinking and an adult club)

andromeda
28-10-2014, 22:08
No worries. I have spare black robe, hat and cape. Robe fits all. Will put in van if you so wish. Just come and join in with what you wish to. Drive safely.

campervanannie
29-10-2014, 06:55
What if I do a big pan of homemade mushroom soup for the friday tea/supper, I made it for the guys at Ribblehead it's a real body and soul warmer with chunks of crusty bread anyone does not like mushrooms I can open a tin of tomato soup Heinz of course. XXX

campervanannie
29-10-2014, 06:57
Thank you andromeda.
Anyone else in the area yet? I am at the King's Arms Harvester, Bicester Road, Kidlington OX5 2PX if anyone wants to join me today ?

I may join you tonight as I am driving down and was looking for a sleep over in the area but don't wait up as it may be late when I get there chick.XX

spigot
29-10-2014, 08:28
Our Gov't in refusing to allign our island with Europe time-wise has blessed us with an extra hour of dark in the afternoon.

So instead of stumbling around in the darkness, I suggest we bring as many outside lights as poss'. gas lanterns, hurricane lamps, & etc.,

I've dug up a Tilley lamp & a Primus gas lamp from my tent days & are still looking but don't have much space in my tiny van.

spigot
29-10-2014, 08:35
We are bringing the ingredients for plenty of mulled wine, but don't have any glasses.

Can someone bring some glasses (or plastics)?, otherwise we can make do with glasses or cups etc. from our vans.

campervanannie
29-10-2014, 08:53
We are bringing the ingredients for plenty of mulled wine, but don't have any glasses.

Can someone bring some glasses (or plastics)?, otherwise we can make do with glasses or cups etc. from our vans.

I have plastic cups and about 6 glass wine glasses fir the posh peeps and I have a gas lamp plenty of gas but a hole in the mantle and I have a few strings of battery op lights. OH BOY party time I also have a CD player with speakers and some Halloween music Woop Woop !

spigot
29-10-2014, 09:36
I have plastic cups and about 6 glass wine glasses fir the posh peeps and I have a gas lamp plenty of gas but a hole in the mantle and I have a few strings of battery op lights. OH BOY party time I also have a CD player with speakers and some Halloween music Woop Woop !

We can fix the gas lamp, I've just found some mantles in the bottom of my wardrobe!

Penny13
29-10-2014, 09:39
See you all fri when I arrive ? Traffic ;)

CarParkJane
29-10-2014, 09:44
Sorry if I don't appear to be entering into the spirit of things at this meet but following an array of A&E and emergency hospital visits this week I will be coming direct from London without having had the chance to empty my van from my last trip, nor freshly stock it. I will therefore be without fancy dress and am not even sure if I have anything red or orange on board. I am however making every effort to be there but please be gentle with me and please understand if I appear lazy but am under strict hospital orders.
Really looking forward to seeing all you ghosties and ghoulies

I'm sure Annie will have something spare even if it's a pumpkin!

MykCamper
29-10-2014, 09:44

:wave:Ok Mike,I HAVE a gas light and several wine glasses, fraid they're plastic, due to much breakage this summer, (You know who you are!!!:mad2:) but heyho, it still gets it down yur neck! :cheers::lol-053:

carol
29-10-2014, 10:17
Getting more and more envious as I read this thread, but can't stop myself reading about your preparations! At least I'll be with friends in Northumberland so it's not all bad! I expect lots of tales......:scared:

campervanannie
29-10-2014, 10:34
:wave:Ok Mike,I HAVE a gas light and several wine glasses, fraid they're plastic, due to much breakage this summer, (You know who you are!!!:mad2:) but heyho, it still gets it down yur neck! :cheers::lol-053:

Ok some important things missing from your list, COFFEE, CREAM, and the secret ingredient which is in my van so here's the deal no coffee no SI got it.

andromeda
29-10-2014, 10:47
Anyone of the above persuaians? Making cupcakes later, (btw please dont assume that I can cook) and wondered if any of the gathering had needs (that's dietary) before the jokes start.

Have found various bits to decorate gazebo but otyher bits gratefully recieved. Hopefully there Friday morn.

MykCamper
29-10-2014, 11:46
Ok some important things missing from your list, COFFEE, CREAM, and the secret ingredient which is in my van so here's the deal no coffee no SI got it.
??
OK OK I know my PLACE!!! :rulez:( can I apply for Head Footrman, please? ):bow:

:hammer:I will be hitting LIDL on my way down :drive:tonight And I will be getting my Own SI, SO THERE!!:raofl::raofl:

andromeda
29-10-2014, 12:07
Will bring the tail coat and waistcoat!

Penny13
29-10-2014, 12:32
COFFEE Mike number two child will be trying my patience can't eat food sorry but will need COFFEE ;) x

slowpace
29-10-2014, 13:09
tecos near coffe factory

andromeda
29-10-2014, 13:39
tecos near coffe factory

Went out to Gertie to go shopping; dead. Go out again, a little turnover pump acelerator she starts. Turn off; dead. Now in garage having new starter motor. Guese that's my Christmas present to me! I do love her, I do....think she's taken over from the children the money I keep spending on her. So sorry looks like I'm still coming on Friday.

spigot
29-10-2014, 14:43

SI ????.............Sorcerer's Imbibition??

MykCamper
29-10-2014, 15:29
COFFEE Mike number two child will be trying my patience can't eat food sorry but will need COFFEE ;) x

So that will be 4 packs then???:rolleyes2:

Is that with cream & SI, Pen?:bow::lol-053::lol-053:

MykCamper
29-10-2014, 15:36
Went out to Gertie to go shopping; dead. Go out again, a little turnover pump acelerator she starts. Turn off; dead. Now in garage having new starter motor. Guese that's my Christmas present to me! I do love her, I do....think she's taken over from the children the money I keep spending on her. So sorry looks like I'm still coming on Friday.

Me thinks Gertie was an MG in a previous life! :scared:
(Money Gobbler):cry:

andromeda
29-10-2014, 21:05
Well the last batch of cupcakes came out of the oven charred; trying to answer serious questions on telephone whilst brandishing skewer in the other not conducive to good cakes. It's amazing what buttercream icing can hide; I hope!
Gertie back from menders so fingers crossed I will make it on Friday

oldish hippy
30-10-2014, 12:21
room for me if i can find it all those in favour say nay

bill scouse
30-10-2014, 13:08
Room for another one.

Daiboy
31-10-2014, 07:24
Story so far and apologies if I have missed anyone but struggling on my phone!

Andromeda
Myk camper
Gonga
Toystory
Penny 13
Dave & Mary
Simply
Campervanannie
Zantiagreen
Robmac
Spigot
Moonraker2
Carparkjane
(Sat-leelinda,davey,paulwilko)
As to children... None and probably best not to folk party....( I'm guessing but lots drinking and an adult club)
I'm not on your list although I did put my name down. Hope to see you Friday Pm. Staying until Sunday morning. Not very good at dressing up for Halloween but I can still get into the party mood though. Lol. Ps plenty of room in the oven for potatoes if needed. Dai

andromeda
31-10-2014, 12:50
Had more van troubles yesterday so nbehind. Hopefully gazebop will be up by 3.30 ready to decorate

paulhelenwilko
31-10-2014, 18:37
Ferry arrives Dover about 3pm, if all well should be with you by about 6pm. Looking forward to seeing you all. Is Sat night still bring and share ?

Paul and Helen.

Penny13
02-11-2014, 08:32

Anne you lost your broomstick ?

Penny13
02-11-2014, 08:33
Ron last seen heading North !

zantiagreen
02-11-2014, 20:23
Just like to say a very big thank you to Janeerh for organising this little get together and hope you're feeling better soon.
Fantastic venue and a shame it will all be rubble in a few weeks time - now all you have to do is find somewhere for next year!

Take care
Jill

andromeda
03-11-2014, 13:20
Thanks for organising a great meet Jane and thanks to everyone for being so hospitable and making it such fun. Keep the spells and broomsticks ready for next year!

Penny13
03-11-2014, 19:23
The girl did brilliant :) good meet, great people, huge fire, fireworks, weather :)
Thanks Jane shame it is going let's hope they do a site on their land :)
See you all soon lol

oldish hippy
03-11-2014, 20:15
good weekend thanks jane good laugh good company

Rong
03-11-2014, 22:29
Thanks Jane great meet plenty of fun and banter looking forward to more of the same :cheers:

Ron

MykCamper
04-11-2014, 15:59
Thanks Jane, if I can add my name to the list of appreciation' s, what a great venue. :heart:
Also Big thanks to Anne, for all the fab cakes, (Naughty but Nice) :bow: also for the Gazebo & all the deccies, it set the scene, perfectly.:scared:
Please please, can we have a rerun next year? :tongue:

Penny13
04-11-2014, 16:16
Thanks Jane, if I can add my name to the list of appreciation' s, what a great venue. :heart:
Also Big thanks to Anne, for all the fab cakes, (Naughty but Nice) :bow: also for the Gazebo & all the deccies, it set the scene, perfectly.:scared:
Please please, can we have a rerun next year? :tongue:

Yes Those cakes looked lovely ;)

MykCamper
04-11-2014, 17:26
Yes Those cakes looked lovely ;)

:bow:Thanks for leaving so many for me Pen?:rolleyes2:
Most unusual!!:scared::lol-053::lol-053::wave::sad:
X

Penny13
04-11-2014, 20:10
Next time Mike watch out ;)

Moonraker 2
07-11-2014, 09:20
Thanks Jane for arranging the meeting, the folk club event was an added bonus. It is the first meet I have done and it was nice to put faces to names and to get to know people.
I set off on the Monday and when I got to Oxford C&CC site it was nearly full so I had to take a pitch with no hook up. It was freezing that night and I woke to thick cold fog which hadn't lifted by 10.00am. So I am back home now and putting the van into hibernation, a sad time.
However my last trip was a great end to a really wonderful summer and I look forward to doing it all over again next year. I even hope to meet some of you on the France, Spain trail.
Happy Christmas!!

andromeda
07-11-2014, 17:11
Thanks Jane for arranging the meeting, the folk club event was an added bonus. It is the first meet I have done and it was nice to put faces to names and to get to know people.
I set off on the Monday and when I got to Oxford C&CC site it was nearly full so I had to take a pitch with no hook up. It was freezing that night and I woke to thick cold fog which hadn't lifted by 10.00am. So I am back home now and putting the van into hibernation, a sad time.
However my last trip was a great end to a really wonderful summer and I look forward to doing it all over again next year. I even hope to meet some of you on the France, Spain trail.
Happy Christmas!!

Does that mean you aren't coming out at New Year?

Bought the ingredients for Stollen bread today out of curiosity; one recipe has rum in it so I'm adding that to the Christmas cakes as well. Fruit soaking for a week before baking. If us southerners find a meet I'll bring some with me if it works. Hope your'e not freezing in Wales

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS