PDA

View Full Version : Adac joining phone number

novice1968
15-10-2014, 10:15
anyone got a different telephone number for ADAC joining please
tried the one listed on their web page but appeared to be an answer phone in German
many thanks

watchthis
15-10-2014, 11:20
Hi there novice
I think you may be unlucky there. It seems that they are not taking any NEW customers in the u.k.. but are renewing existing membership to u.k.customers.
bye for now
Freddie:D

POI Admin
15-10-2014, 12:14
Hi there novice
I think you may be unlucky there. It seems that they are not taking any NEW customers in the u.k.. but are renewing existing membership to u.k.customers.
bye for now

This has done the rounds before - and apparently it is not true ...

POI Admin
15-10-2014, 12:16
anyone got a different telephone number for ADAC joining please
tried the one listed on their web page but appeared to be an answer phone in German
many thanks

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-motorhome-chat/40292-contacting-adac.html

I have used this number successfully twice:

0049 89 51950

I have had a recorded message on this once, but dialled again and it rang. I suspect the message is akin to "all our lines are busy - please try later".

watchthis
15-10-2014, 12:59
This has done the rounds before - and apparently it is not true ...

Hi
On another forum (facts) it has done the rounds as you say. in fact it has done many rounds!. As I stated in my original post in capital letters the opinion seems to be that they are NOT taking any NEW customers within the u.k. I think from the post's that I have read It's all to do with the AA complaining and perhaps other company's. Which does not surprise me when you look into the cost's from one company to the other .
Bye for now

POI Admin
15-10-2014, 15:33
I have just checked the ADAC website, and there is no indication on the relevant page that membership outside Germany is in any way restricted.

It is highly doubtful that within the EU it would be lawful to prohibit membership within another EU state.

The answer is for the original poster to phone and see what happens ...

watchthis
15-10-2014, 15:47
I have just checked the ADAC website, and there is no indication on the relevant page that membership outside Germany is in any way restricted.

It is highly doubtful that within the EU it would be lawful to prohibit membership within another EU state.

The answer is for the original poster to phone and see what happens ...

Hi pm sent
Freddie

grahamb
15-10-2014, 15:58
I can assure you its true spent over a month emailing them phoning them the website wont allow uk members .go ahead bang your head against the wall lol

novice1968
15-10-2014, 16:00
thank you for both your replies
I will try ringing tomorrow to the number you posted (different number from the one listed in the web site) and report back

snowbirds
15-10-2014, 16:40
Hi novice,

I renewed this year and i did have a little trouble as i was not sure on the number,you could try there web site but here are a couple of numbers to try,some times you will get a recorded voice but hang on an ask if the sprackensey english and if no they call you back.here are some of my numbers. 0049 8976766632. or 0049 22147271014. and the one on my invoice was 0800 510 11 12.

Regards Snowbirds.

POI Admin
15-10-2014, 17:08
The only number you can be sure will work is the one I quoted above:

0049 89 51950

This is is the switchboard number for ADAC head office as far as I can ascertain. Please try this first ...

POI Admin
15-10-2014, 17:11
I can assure you its true spent over a month emailing them phoning them the website wont allow uk members .go ahead bang your head against the wall lol

You cannot join online. I quote from their website:

Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses. If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 0800 5 10 11 12 (Mon. - Sat. 8:00 - 20:00 hrs). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately the number they quote doesn't work for international access. It's a freephone number for Germany only.

Use the number given above and I am sure you will make contact.

POI Admin
16-10-2014, 15:09
From another thread - good news :D

Big thank you to POI Admin providing phone number 0049 89 51950
Rang number, immediately answered by German speaker, passed on to perfect English speaker, gave credit card details, given membership number immediately, all done in 5 minutes

Unexpected bonus, advised that worldwide medical insurance for both partners including cover for sporting activities costing just under 30euros Real bargain not to be missed.

thanks for all the replies to my post.

flyinghigh
16-10-2014, 15:34
Well I have just joined up by phone with no problem, they gave me my membership:) number for my wife and me,
But had to phone another number to take the debit card details, quoting my new membership number,
Absolutely no hassle both operators spoke good English and knew that I was a UK resident
Paperwork to arrive in 10 days and starting date for membership is the 1st November ,

Yorkcov
16-10-2014, 18:07
Are they able to do it all on the phone, i.e. no need for paper application form?
Also, as far as I can make out from their regulations they have a maximum holiday period of 92 days. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Regards

Alan

POI Admin
16-10-2014, 18:35
Are they able to do it all on the phone, i.e. no need for paper application form?
Also, as far as I can make out from their regulations they have a maximum holiday period of 92 days. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Regards

Alan

The application can only be done by phone.

The 92 days applies in this situation:

The benefits relating to illness, injury, death and other emergencies apply when you are on a journey. A journey means that you are more than 50 km (distance covered) from your place of residence. In the European area of coverage you are covered if, by the time the incident occurred, the journey since leaving your place of residence did not exceed 92 days.

Outside the European area of coverage you are covered, if the journey did not exceed 45 days between leaving the place of residence and the occurrence of the incident.

It does not apply to breakdown cover.

Amethyst
16-10-2014, 18:44
Do you have to declare any medical conditions to take out policy and is air repatriation included?

Yorkcov
16-10-2014, 18:51
The application can only be done by phone.

The 92 days applies in this situation:

The benefits relating to illness, injury, death and other emergencies apply when you are on a journey. A journey means that you are more than 50 km (distance covered) from your place of residence. In the European area of coverage you are covered if, by the time the incident occurred, the journey since leaving your place of residence did not exceed 92 days.

Outside the European area of coverage you are covered, if the journey did not exceed 45 days between leaving the place of residence and the occurrence of the incident.

It does not apply to breakdown cover.

Thank you POI Admin - helpful as always!

Regards

Alan

POI Admin
16-10-2014, 19:15
Do you have to declare any medical conditions to take out policy and is air repatriation included?

Have a look at the attachment for the terms and conditions ...

Deadsfo
16-10-2014, 20:22
How much is ADAC cover

POI Admin
16-10-2014, 22:47

However there's a 3.5 tonne limit except for motorhomes which are covered up to 7.5 tonnes. You would need to confirm that ADAC would consider a self-conversion to be a motorhome ...

Yorkcov
16-10-2014, 22:53
How much is ADAC cover

For me it is 84 Eur. For others - god knows!:

ADAC Plus-MembershipADAC Membership
ADAC single membership
Member Partner/spouse Child 18-23 Child <18 Annual Fee
(Discount)
Maennchen.png
(72,00 )* Join online

ADAC for you and your partner/spouse
(Discount)
Maennchen.png Maennchen.png 109,00
(97,00 )* Join online

ADAC for your family
(Discount)
Maennchen.png Maennchen_grau.png 84,00
(72,00 )* Join online
Maennchen.png Maennchen.png Maennchen_grau.png 109,00
(97,00 )* Join online
Maennchen.png Maennchen.png Maennchen_grau.png 109,00
(97,00 )* Join online
Maennchen.png Maennchen.png Maennchen_plus.png Maennchen_grau.png 134,00
(122,00 )* Join online
Maennchen.png Maennchen.png Maennchen_plus.png Maennchen_grau.png 134,00
(122,00 )* Joini online

Maennchen_13x18.png One person. Maennchen_plus_15x18.png One ore more persons. Maennchen_13x18.pngMaennchen_plus_15x18.png Two ore more persons. Maennchen_grau_15x18.png One ore more under-age children; covered at no additional fee.

*Discount for severely disabled persons 50% or higher disability (please provide a copy of your disability pass) and young adults up to their 25th birthday still attending schools or professional training.

The membership in ADAC (http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/adac_membership/default.aspx)

Alan

Yorkcov
16-10-2014, 22:59
Thanks for the copies of terms and conditions POI Admin. I can't see any mention of home start. I presume this wouldn't be covered!

Alan

POI Admin
16-10-2014, 23:36
Thanks for the copies of terms and conditions POI Admin. I can't see any mention of home start. I presume this wouldn't be covered!

Alan

On the contrary ... why would it be excluded? It's only the likes of AA and RAC that feel they can charge extra for this type of service.

As I understand it ADAC offer breakdown cover anywhere in the EU, and certain other countries, without restriction.

You should also be aware that in the event of a breakdown you have to call Germany for assistance. It is advised, by ADAC, to get a contact name when you ask for help in case you need to follow it up. The cost of your call or calls will be reimbursed by ADAC - this they have confirmed - so keep a note of the expense incurred.

In the UK you can take advantage of a service such as is offered by http://www.18185.co.uk/ (and others) to call Germany from your mobile for just 1p a minute.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS