PDA

View Full Version : Felixstowe

Tummy banana
01-08-2008, 09:12
There is a car park right on the sea front between the Container Port and Landguard Fort; I have stayed there a number of times without any problems Landguard Fort is well worth a visit while you are there

To reach Landguard Fort by car from the A14:
Turn right at the A14 junction 60 roundabout onto the Port of Felixstowe Road
Continue to the roundabout at the end of the road
Take the 2nd (straight ahead) exit into Beach Station Road
Cross the level crossing
Turn right onto Langer Road
Bear right onto Carr Road
Turn left onto Viewpoint Road
Arrive at Landguard Fort

To reach Landguard Fort by car from the centre of Felixstowe:
Follow signs to the Seafront
Then, keeping the sea immediately on your left at all times,
Proceed along Sea Road until its end
Turn left onto Carr Road
Then turn left onto Viewpoint Road and arrive at Landguard Fort

For SatNav or GPS use postcode IP11 3TW to drive to the fort.

Belgian
01-08-2008, 18:25
There is a car park right on the sea front between the Container Port and Landguard Fort; I have stayed there a number of times without any problems Landguard Fort is well worth a visit while you are there

To reach Landguard Fort by car from the A14:
Turn right at the A14 junction 60 roundabout onto the Port of Felixstowe Road
Continue to the roundabout at the end of the road
Take the 2nd (straight ahead) exit into Beach Station Road
Cross the level crossing
Turn right onto Langer Road
Bear right onto Carr Road
Turn left onto Viewpoint Road
Arrive at Landguard Fort

To reach Landguard Fort by car from the centre of Felixstowe:
Follow signs to the Seafront
Then, keeping the sea immediately on your left at all times,
Proceed along Sea Road until its end
Turn left onto Carr Road
Then turn left onto Viewpoint Road and arrive at Landguard Fort

For SatNav or GPS use postcode IP11 3TW to drive to the fort.

Thank you Tummy,
This is most welcome as there is a ferry line from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Harwich. This could be the place before or after embarking the ferry for us continentals. Could you give the satnav's ? (go to http://www.gpscoordinaten.nl/bepaal-gps-coordinaten.php
thanks

JOHN WEST
09-09-2008, 18:28
yes its good the car park or the fort ,there used to wild campers there i think theres a few other places at felixstowe,theres toilets and water taps to,

stealthy luton
17-01-2009, 09:40
there is another car park on the way to the fort if you keep the sea on the left and look for the beach huts there is a tap too

jayeastanglia
13-08-2009, 19:25
tap and toilets in the car park behind the caravan park is now turned off and toilets locked after 6pm..due to doggers and boy racers in the car park

jayeastanglia
01-02-2010, 09:05
Another nice car park if a little isolated is the one near the golf course pub with grass all round it,This is a pay and display car park..The car park usually has meets for variouse car/van clubs during the summer and has a few boy racers at night(local police move them on after a time)I have noticed a few wild campers parked there all night. its pretty safe to park in felixstowe but would avoid the beech hut car park as you will get moved on.
Dont park in bus stops in the lay by's as again you will get either moved on or a ticket..dont park in the car park on the left near a roundabout as you entre felixstowe as the local boy racers park there and play music till late(This one is away from house's so no complaints)

donkey too
27-10-2011, 14:01
Thank you Tummy,
This is most welcome as there is a ferry line from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Harwich. This could be the place before or after embarking the ferry for us continentals. Could you give the satnav's ? (go to GPS coordinaten, nuttige plaatsen, NP, points of interest, POI, waypoints, routes, tracks (http://www.gpscoordinaten.nl/bepaal-gps-coordinaten.php)
thanks

It is 33 miles from the Felixstowe landguard fort to Harwich Ferry terminal and this is not a very nice journey if taken during Ipswich rush hour as the A12 is usualy chock a block then.

olley
28-07-2012, 09:29
The viewing area is a popular spot for night fishing, and even late at night it will have some cars on it. Its tight for large motorhomes though, and impossible for my 30' RV.

Ian

donkey too
28-07-2012, 11:38
Thank you Tummy,
This is most welcome as there is a ferry line from Zeebrugge (Belgium) to Harwich. This could be the place before or after embarking the ferry for us continentals. Could you give the satnav's ? (go to GPS coordinaten, nuttige plaatsen, NP, points of interest, POI, waypoints, routes, tracks (http://www.gpscoordinaten.nl/bepaal-gps-coordinaten.php)
thanks

The port viewing point car park which you are talking about is on the POI's. If strong on shore wind it is better to stay on the fort car park by the entrance to the fort. There is also a car park which allows overnighting at Manor Road. and another in Garrison Lane. Both free.

As for stopping there after coming in to Harwich it is a fifty or more mile journey from Harwich to Felix.

Youmakemelaugh
08-08-2012, 00:59
Another nice car park if a little isolated is the one near the golf course pub with grass all round it,This is a pay and display car park..The car park usually has meets for variouse car/van clubs during the summer and has a few boy racers at night(local police move them on after a time)I have noticed a few wild campers parked there all night. its pretty safe to park in felixstowe but would avoid the beech hut car park as you will get moved on.
Dont park in bus stops in the lay by's as again you will get either moved on or a ticket..dont park in the car park on the left near a roundabout as you entre felixstowe as the local boy racers park there and play music till late(This one is away from house's so no complaints)

This made me laugh and many others as well. on your lack of knowledge of what boy racers are and blatantly excluding them from any of your so called car/vans clubs that apparently appear on the clifftop carpark. On going to 3 car shows with my son which is enthusiastic about the modified car culture throughout 2011 and 2012 spotted several cars from the Felixstowe area which were highly praised these people don't only spend a lot of money but time on their vehicles maybe crediting them on their efforts instead of looking at them as nuisance youths who just cause disturbance. Don't judge upon first impressions

donkey too
08-08-2012, 08:47
This made me laugh and many others as well. on your lack of knowledge of what boy racers are and blatantly excluding them from any of your so called car/vans clubs that apparently appear on the clifftop carpark. On going to 3 car shows with my son which is enthusiastic about the modified car culture throughout 2011 and 2012 spotted several cars from the Felixstowe area which were highly praised these people don't only spend a lot of money but time on their vehicles maybe crediting them on their efforts instead of looking at them as nuisance youths who just cause disturbance. Don't judge upon first impressions

I have always found the best approach to so called boy racers is to speak to them about their vehicles. Most of them are really nice people who are doing no more than we did years ago with our Nortons, BSA's, Triumphs etc. Oh, nearly forgot my Indian Brave. LOL

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS