PDA

View Full Version : Doniford Bay Location

Vikkiekaye
19-10-2014, 15:45
Hi,

I'm not sure I am posting this in the correct place, but I have a location 51.179279, -3.307725

As I am currently at home and not at the above location, I didn't think I could share the location through the app until I visited there again.

It is on Doniford Bay near Watchet, Somerset. It is a hidden tucked away car park for direct beach access (goes down steep steps with needed handle rail).

Stopped over twice and never had any problems.

Dog walkers park there in the morning, the odd fisherman at night. As of summer 2014, no signs at all saying no overnight camping.

Thanks
Vikkie

POI Admin
19-10-2014, 15:54
Thanks for the suggestion - I've added it to the Wild Camp POIs :D

carolinemoon
24-01-2015, 07:34
Hi, we have a 6 birth m/h. Do you think we would be able to park up?

carolinemoon
24-01-2015, 08:17
Forgive me for being daft, but to look at this location do I put these numbers into Google earth?

donkey too
24-01-2015, 08:30
This used to belong to the MOD and was access to the beach and the targets until the access was washed away. When the MOD land i.e. all the cliff top from there to Watchet was redundant it was handed back to the farmers that originally owned it. This was the same time as the air force, later army camp nearby, was sold to the holiday industry.and the housing estate along the wiliton road sold to the council

POI Admin
24-01-2015, 12:42
Forgive me for being daft, but to look at this location do I put these numbers into Google earth?

You will find it easier to search for the latitude and longitude using Google Maps ...

jagmanx
24-01-2015, 12:49
You will find it easier to search for the latitude and longitude using Google Maps ...

Google Earth !

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS