PDA

View Full Version : Praa Sands

Todtod
28-10-2014, 14:33
Not sure if I'm in the right place but I've just found a new Water Tap location. Located at Praa Sands, Cornwall. Tap is at rear of toilet block GPS N50.104300; W5.392326. As often happens with external taps, someone had nicked the T-piece handle, but a set of grips did the trick! There is a Wild Camp location about 200 yards away from this location (sea front park - Pay & Display - Doesn't forbid overnighting). Regards, Derrick

POI Admin
28-10-2014, 16:40
Thanks for the suggestion - I've added it to the Tap POIs :D

Mr Chips
28-10-2014, 21:23
Hi Todtod, I would love to know whether Praa Sands has lost all its' sand? I heard it had disappeared in the winter storms. I can't imagine what the beach looks like if it is true.

David & Ann
28-10-2014, 22:29
Hi Todtod, I would love to know whether Praa Sands has lost all its' sand? I heard it had disappeared in the winter storms. I can't imagine what the beach looks like if it is true.

Yes, it is true. I live up the road and when I returned from Goa in April of this year. All of the sand just above the tide mark for 75 metres had vanished into the sea. A lot was also piled up on the dunes. It is slowly returning and most of the rocks and large pebbles have been recovered but there is still a lot more sand to return. Hope we do not get another winter like last year, of course I will be in Goa again from 2nd Jan until5th April. That is our winter ritual yearly.☺

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS