PDA

View Full Version : 10 ft wasp nest in campervan

helen262
08-11-2014, 13:46
This is one addition i would not want Terrified driver discovers a 10-FOOT nest containing 350,000 wasps in his camper-van | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825507/Terrified-driver-discovers-10-FOOT-nest-containing-350-000-wasps-camper-van.html)

izwozral
08-11-2014, 13:57
This is one addition i would not want Terrified driver discovers a 10-FOOT nest containing 350,000 wasps in his camper-van | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825507/Terrified-driver-discovers-10-FOOT-nest-containing-350-000-wasps-camper-van.html)

Holy sh*t, I am terrified of one wasp due to allergy. It would be my worst nightmare to walk into that camper, I can almost hear the friggin buzzing.:scared::scared:

John H
08-11-2014, 15:35
Just goes to show that if you have a campervan you should use it all the time and not give the wasps a chance! :)

n brown
08-11-2014, 15:44
i spotted an old caravan when i was looking for windows for a daughter's van. found the owner and he said go and look but be careful ! the nest filled the long seat on one side,smothered the locker at the end,and half filled the seat on the right.luckily ,although there were hundreds of dead wasps in there,only one or two live ones..
as i towed it away i couldn't get the thought out of my head,that maybe they'd all just popped down the park or something,and were going to be seriously hacked off when they found their home gone !

could they find me !?!

suedge
08-11-2014, 17:48
Who counted them ?

helen262
08-11-2014, 18:59
Who counted them ?

the guy needed something to do while he sat perfectly still for 20 minutes waiting for pest control

GWAYGWAY
08-11-2014, 20:39
Holy sh*t, I am terrified of one wasp due to allergy. It would be my worst nightmare to walk into that camper, I can almost hear the friggin buzzing.:scared::scared:

Likewise every time I get stung by a wasp the reaction is 3 times worse than the last.. Last Time I was a huge red blodge and the itching all over mad me want to go mad, next time could be fatal so I HAVE TO carry epipens , steroids and antihistamine tablets. Ringing 999 straight away. I react very badly to even seeing a wasp near me and get called a wuss by other people. They do not have to worry about dying from a little wasp sting. It All started when I opened my shed door and the wasps had built a nest across the frame and door, I ripped the nest apart and they were not happy. I do wonder what unsympathetic reaction from the emergency call centre I will get when I have to ring them and tell them I have been stung, until I mention anaphylaxis maybe.

izwozral
09-11-2014, 11:54
Likewise every time I get stung by a wasp the reaction is 3 times worse than the last.. Last Time I was a huge red blodge and the itching all over mad me want to go mad, next time could be fatal so I HAVE TO carry epipens , steroids and antihistamine tablets. Ringing 999 straight away. I react very badly to even seeing a wasp near me and get called a wuss by other people. They do not have to worry about dying from a little wasp sting. It All started when I opened my shed door and the wasps had built a nest across the frame and door, I ripped the nest apart and they were not happy. I do wonder what unsympathetic reaction from the emergency call centre I will get when I have to ring them and tell them I have been stung, until I mention anaphylaxis maybe.

I have an allergy to all insect bites to some degree. Last year I was bitten by a midge on the forearm & didn't think much of it until about an hour later I saw red lines going up my bicep. Fortunately I was with a friend who works in a haematology lab, he told me I needed to get to A&E sooner rather than later. I was met by the triage nurse who asked what the problem was when I showed her my arm I was whisked into a cubicle given a penicillin jab & a course of tablets. I felt a complete fraud walking past people with bloody towels to their heads, people who were in obvious agony with what I assumed broken bones etc. It was all over & done with in about 10 minutes which for A&E is remarkable. Apparently if the tracking had reached the lymph nodes in my armpit it could have been very serious.

I for one do not take the mick out of people wafting at wasps in obvious fear, not only are they dangerous but they hurt like billyo too. The most painful sting I have had is by a wasp on the tip of my index finger, it was throbbing like a Walt Disney sketch & made me feel physically sick, sweating profusely & near fainting.

The little stripey buggers are still flying around due to the warmish weather & they are feeling mightily p*ssed for some reason & they keep wanting to take it out on me - I hate the little sh*ts with a vengeance.

n brown
09-11-2014, 11:57
i was ok with them until one stung me ''down below'' when i was having a dump in the woods. i now kill them if they enter my space !

i once rushed a girl to hospital in france who'd been stung,time we got there she was nearly twice the size and going into shock-took about 20 mins as i remember

izwozral
09-11-2014, 12:17
i was ok with them until one stung me ''down below'' when i was having a dump in the woods. i now kill them if they enter my space !

i once rushed a girl to hospital in france who'd been stung,time we got there she was nearly twice the size and going into shock-took about 20 mins as i remember

Yikes, on the bum or on the widgey? - oh no, please don't tell me it was the widgey, please don't. My eyes are watering at the thought. A prick on the prick, a sting on your thing is just too much to think about.

maingate
09-11-2014, 12:26
Yikes, on the bum or on the widgey? - oh no, please don't tell me it was the widgey, please don't. My eyes are watering at the thought. A prick on the prick, a sting on your thing is just too much to think about.

To alight on something that small must have taken extreme skill and balance.

Total respect for that Wasp.

ps, just hope you never get stung by an African Hornet. I would rather go 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. :D

n brown
09-11-2014, 12:35
well a wasp attack on the ballsack isn't a barrel of laughs either !

wife disagrees

izwozral
09-11-2014, 12:45
To alight on something that small must have taken extreme skill and balance.

Total respect for that Wasp.

ps, just hope you never get stung by an African Hornet. I would rather go 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. :D

And how would you know? eh? eh?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS