PDA

View Full Version : Lytham St Annes (Near Blackpool)

SteveJ
10-08-2008, 20:21
I recently stayed at Lytham St Annes. Lovely little place and very close to Blackpool. We camped 2 nights in a small free carpark with no markings just back from the beach, and drove into Blackpool for free street parking near the South entrance to the Blackpool Pleasure beach.

We were joined by 2 other motorhomes on the first night and 3 on the second. Unfortunately there was also one caravan there that had clearly set up residence for quite some time so the council may impose restrictions in future.

The GPS Co-ordinates are: N53.73563 W2.97932 (end of Fairlawn Road)

There was also street parking in Lytham StAnnes on the grass verge just down the road where 2 other motorhomes were parked but it was immediately opposite residential properties which I felt a little uncomfortable doing. GPS coordinates: N53.73587 W2.97632 (Seafield Road, seemed a quiet spot).

There was further free street parking on the main road behind the promonade (West Beach Road) but this would be very busy/noisy.

If you need LPG and Water there is an excellent petrol station a couple of miles away here: N53.74310 W2.94196 (Premier Autogas Ltd) . There is a water on the end of the building behind the free Air/Water machine.

EDNJAY
14-04-2009, 10:30
hi steve, thanks for the info on lytham st annes, hoping to go up that way this week end, will be our first time out in the van,looking forward to it. from ednjay:)

bevo
14-04-2009, 11:06
there is also loads of parking spaces just past fairhaven lake.
as you leave lytham turn left at the white church (on the left at traffic lights)
this takes you past fairhaven lake, nice wide road, and if you go further down past the houses there is a large car park on the left, nice and quiet.
further down this coast road towards st annes it gets narrow with houses opposite.
there is a car park next to the pier at st annes,but i have heard the council are turning motorhomes away.
st annes has a great weatherspoons (trawl boat inn)
there is a great camp site in warton just down the road, it's just changed hands and was called oaklands.
it's a lovely area and we go regularly.
if your into planes the new euro fighter is built at warton.
and for all you twitchers, if you go down bank lane in warton(only narrow and a dead end) best walking it brings you to the ribble estuary, loads of birds and wildlife.

live long and prosper:D:p:eek:

Old_Arthur
04-09-2009, 08:47
planning on doing a quick sorty into darkest and damp lancashire,s only claim to fame BLACKPOOL :eek::p the thiggy numbers this guy gives as locations can i just put them in my tom tom one ? if so how :o

P.S.couldn't join boy scouts when i was a lad i was down t pit at 10yr old:eek:

Alf
04-09-2009, 12:21
Arthur
have you got google earth put fairlawn rd lytham in and it will show you the car park handy for looking where you will be going to ---- try putting this address in your tom tom,
the only one's we have are the one's you hit with a stick we still use them for messages etc don't have money to waste likes those in Donny.
Tesco can't understand and keep sending wrong stuff !!

Alf

Old_Arthur
04-09-2009, 12:45
sorted :p had a pm sent to save my embarrassment how eazy it was:o
thanx from a fick yorky:eek::D

Alf
04-09-2009, 12:48
Did you try to look on google earth you can see if where you are going to is what you want I've been sat at back door (yes we have 2 )sending via tom tom but you must live other side of Donny and can't hear for A1 noise. :mad::mad:

Old_Arthur
23-09-2009, 16:31
anyone else free loading in blackpool this weekend:)if you see the yorkshire tyke give us a knock:cool:

rebbyvid
23-09-2009, 19:52
anyone else free loading in blackpool this weekend:)if you see the yorkshire tyke give us a knock:cool:

Be in Southport Sunday Arthur(Air Show) might be round Fairhaven Lake (boat race) later.
Rob

alanval
01-10-2009, 17:22
Hi we are looking for somwhere in Lytham tonight .we are at Fairhaven lake just outside the car park,only one other van here chap at little cafe says they dont close the gates to car park but isnt sure if its ok to overnight there .We will just stay here for a while then move into car park for the night .............

Val

jeffmossy
23-11-2009, 21:27
Hi thanks for the great info.We stayed on the car park at fairlawn rd this Friday and Saturday night gone and had no problems at all.Very quiet place next to the sea.........Thanks again;)

martyn
31-01-2010, 17:28
hi all,
stayed at this car park last night, think it's called Stanton car park (if it's not, then it's very similar). An excellent place as it's between the sea and Fairhaven lake, it's long and thin and very quiet, except for the geese - don't they ever sleep !!!.
I checked out the car park noticeboard for those interested and motorhomes are allowed, no height restriction, gates didn't close all night and you only pay between 9am and 6pm. Nothing was mentioned about staying overnight, therefore no prohibition.
I will return as it was an excellent spot although there was a lot of hail and it was very cold (no heating in the bongo), but enjoyable. The only other people there were dog walkers and, I think, fishermen.
enjoy.

channa
31-01-2010, 17:52
that,s the idea my son:eek::D get out an do it for free it would be the same weather at home so why stop home:confused:we went to scarboro on marine drive, third weekend we,ve been out this year .9000+ members any more been WILDCAMPIN this weekend:rolleyes::D

Errm I stopped under bricks and mortar this weekend....sort of a role reversal thing going off here.!!!
Cusworth actually !!! ( but not the big hoose on the hill)

Still gave me opportunity to do a bit of a spring clean on the van.
and fettle the bike.
Channa

martyn
31-01-2010, 18:43
hi old arthur,
thanks for the support, totally agreed. I was there dropping my daughter off at a hotel in Blackpool as she was dancing there saturday night. I had the offer of a room at the hotel free but I chose the wild camping - all the dancers were amazed at what I was going to do, not me though, it was an obvious choice (loads of dancers fussing over make up ((men and women!!)) or wild camping).
As a matter of interest, what's Marine drive (Scarboro') like ?, am going to be in that area either in 2 weeks time or more likely, over easter and was looking for places to wild camp.
regards

Neckender
31-01-2010, 19:06
We also stopped 4 nights on the car park behind the lifeboat station in Scarborough last Sept no problems at all.

John.

marzy
01-02-2010, 08:35
You are right Arthur old Boy,
I should have been wilding North Wales as I speak, family problems!
Hope to go Wednesday, Carrog, Betws y coed, Porthmadog, Dinas Dinlle.
Anyone else?

Old_Arthur
01-02-2010, 09:52
hi old arthur,
thanks for the support, totally agreed. I was there dropping my daughter off at a hotel in Blackpool as she was dancing there saturday night. I had the offer of a room at the hotel free but I chose the wild camping - all the dancers were amazed at what I was going to do, not me though, it was an obvious choice (loads of dancers fussing over make up ((men and women!!)) or wild camping).
As a matter of interest, what's Marine drive (Scarboro') like ?, am going to be in that area either in 2 weeks time or more likely, over easter and was looking for places to wild camp.
regards

have sent you a pm

bigboack
01-02-2010, 12:35
We also stopped 4 nights on the car park behind the lifeboat station in Scarborough last Sept no problems at all.

John.

Them bloody local councils. they never told me they moved Scarborough over here to Lancashire, Where abouts have they put it??:D:D:D

channa
01-02-2010, 15:24
Them bloody local councils. they never told me:eek:;) they moved Scarborough over here to Lancashire, Where abouts have they put it??:D:D:D

Least of your problems Bigboack apparently Doncaster came with it ....one of them bogof things a bit like Sainsburys.
:eek:;)

Channa

Neckender
01-02-2010, 15:34
hi old arthur,

regards
I was just giving a reply to this.

John.

bigboack
01-02-2010, 18:26
I was just giving a reply to this.

John.

I know I was bored looking for trouble,:D:D:D:D

rebbyvid
04-04-2010, 23:42
Was at Fairhaven today bit breezy but nice day and yes ideal spot for overnight
but you can see why we sometimes get a bad name as despite the notices for motorhomes to park sensibly you always get one who needs to park side on
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/blackpool%20lytham/fairhavenlake-1.jpg

bigboack
20-04-2010, 18:31
but you can see why we sometimes get a bad name as despite the notices for motorhomes to park sensibly you always get one who needs to park side on
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/blackpool%20lytham/fairhavenlake-1.jpg

That looks like HayJays van.. has it got a hole in the front overcab area.:D:D

flashingblade
09-05-2010, 10:02
fairlawn rd car park is excellent. hassle free as long as you don't mind dogs, it's a dog walking / exercising mecca.
if you need toilets, a short walk across the lawns to lowther gardens and there are a few 20p, well maintained toilets.
the prom is perfect for easy walking or cycling into st anns or even blackpool.

GregM
09-05-2010, 15:08

Is that the car park here Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&ll=53.73859,-2.995244&spn=0.000868,0.00284&z=19)?

Canalsman
09-05-2010, 15:16
The Fairlawn Road car park is here ... Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/29jqpp6)

GregM
09-05-2010, 15:28
Thankks Canalsman, I had found Fairlawn road but the pictures posted by rebbyvid above looks like a different spot.

rebbyvid
09-05-2010, 16:39
Thankks Canalsman, I had found Fairlawn road but the pictures posted by rebbyvid above looks like a different spot.

Just follow the road to the end Greg its wider down there.There are signs up asking motorcaravans to park considerately and it does get busy in the day but not to bad when the day trippers have gone.
By the way Greg the pics of mine are where you say and at the side of Fairhaven lake and not Fairlawn rd

Alzi1967
11-05-2010, 11:50
The pictures above are the east end of fairhaven lake , whereas fairlawn road is about further east next to lytham green,

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/RS2000_WRC/fairhaven.jpg

The red line is where the pictures above are taken with the motorhomes parked next to a small railing

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE GATES FITTED by the road - however I have no Idea if they ever use them ..

The Blue line is fairlawn road... a more enclosed cul-desac

Hopes this helps peeps

Alan.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS