PDA

View Full Version : maryport

peppers
16-08-2008, 20:53
make your way to the lighthouse end of the harbour large carpark good fishing friendly locals and a sea veiw:)

jimmnlizz
16-08-2008, 23:30
Thanks for that one, Peppers! :p We are heading that way in a fortnight. :D We are hoping to fish :eek: as well, so this looks perfect! :D :D JIM.

grath
17-08-2008, 08:54
Have a look at Whitehaven as when we took a quick look, we thought it would be worth returning to:cool:
Also for info purposes, the Camping & Caravaning Club site at nearby Keswick & Derwent water are very well situated right by the town:cool:

Solwaybuggier
17-08-2008, 08:57
As an alternative to Maryport itself, there are several wild camping spots on the shore to the north - follow the Carlisle and then the Silloth road. After the golf course there are 2 or 3 places right by the beach.
(Never stayed there - I live nearby.)

peppers
18-08-2008, 14:54
good fishing spot fairly clean ground

jimmnlizz
18-08-2008, 15:42
Thanks Solwaybuggier, I was wondering if those car parks, :D that I spotted on google, aerial, maps, :rolleyes: were any good for over nighting! :cool:
Peppers, thanks for your input! ;) Again, I found Dubmill Point on Google as well. Looks OK there, is that where you meant? :confused: Do you know if I can pump bait there? Or should I let Liz dig it for me and will she be able to get plenty? (Worms, Worms is what i mean you lot!) :D :D JIM.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS