PDA

View Full Version : Maplin solar Light

jagmanx
05-12-2014, 02:34
15 LED Solar PIR Light | Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/15-led-solar-pir-light-n10jf)
I have 2 of these and they are excellent for the house/garden/shed.

I have been pondering how it could be used easily in my Motorhome.

I believe this will work.

1 Simply attach (screw and maybe sikaflex) the small fitting to the MH wall maybe under the canopy.

2 a) the solar panel can sit on the dashboard (or maybe in a rooflight) .
2 b) Whilst travelling the light stays in the vehicle connected to the solar panel so the batteries can charge. (see item 4 as well)

3 In the evening unplug the light and slot it into the fixing
It can remain unplugged as it will work off the charged batteries

4 If you are staying somewhere for 2 or more nights you could leave the light in position and simply route the charging cable via the passenger door window left just open.

The unit provides good light and is very handy to direct to say a BBQ or Table.
The light has a built in motion sensor so you could leave in place at night both for security and convenience

Dont get one yet they will be on offer at about 15.

Other units may suit you better but I like this one.

Debs
05-12-2014, 07:26
15 LED Solar PIR Light | Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/15-led-solar-pir-light-n10jf)

1 Simply attach (screw and maybe sikaflex) the small fitting to the MH wall maybe under the canopy.

2 b) Whilst travelling the light stays in the vehicle connected to the solar panel so the batteries can charge. (see item 4 as well)

4 If you are staying somewhere for 2 or more nights you could leave the light in position and simply route the charging cable via the passenger door window left just open.

The light has a built in motion sensor so you could leave in place at night both for security and convenience

Need piccy's please.

jagmanx
05-12-2014, 07:38
Need piccy's please.

Will do
If you follow the link you will see the 2 units.
I will picture the small Fixing asap.

jagmanx
05-12-2014, 07:56
Need piccy's please.

Hope this helps.

Deleted user 21925
05-12-2014, 08:16

I did exactly this, but I screwed the small fitting to a flat piece of plastic and then glued that to the side of the motorhome for a stronger fix. It has been there for a couple of years now and doesn't look like coming loose anytime soon.

Deleted user 21925
05-12-2014, 08:33
I did exactly this, but I screwed the small fitting to a flat piece of plastic and then glued that to the side of the motorhome for a stronger fix. It has been there for a couple of years now and doesn't look like coming loose anytime soon.

Debs
05-12-2014, 08:41

Hope this helps.

Yep, brains gone into overdrive.:rolleyes2:

molly 2
05-12-2014, 10:16
Hi I looked at the Maplins link it says the light comes on for 25 seconds. Can itbe switched on for longer periods

jagmanx
05-12-2014, 10:19
Hi I looked at the Maplins link it says the light comes on for 25 seconds. Can itbe switched on for longer periods

Motion sensor..wave at it if it goes off !

Polar Bear
05-12-2014, 10:36
I bought three of these and fitted them to our Spanish villa - they all lasted about a month before giving up the ghost!

trevskoda
05-12-2014, 10:43

there the old type diode far better with the new smd type.

jagmanx
05-12-2014, 11:37
I bought three of these and fitted them to our Spanish villa - they all lasted about a month before giving up the ghost!

Ours have been fine ! Still working after 1 year plus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS