PDA

View Full Version : kirkby Lonsdale Beer and Music Festival 1st to 3rd May 2015

MaryMC
20-12-2014, 14:57
This is a free festival with about 30 local bands over the weekend. There is a 25 parking charge for Campervans and motorhomes for the use of the facilities in the Rugby Club . There are some wildcamping places nearby.
There is more information on their Facebook page and on their website.
Anybody interested? ::cheers::dance::camper:

Deleted user 21925
20-12-2014, 15:32
Me please Mary.

RoaminRog
20-12-2014, 21:53
Me please Mary.

Rob, do you realise that you have your name down for the Hereford Mayday Rally, which is the same weekend.

Livotlout
20-12-2014, 22:27
Book here : Kirkby Lonsdale Beer and Music Festival- Eventbrite (http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/kirkby-lonsdale-beer-and-music-festival-tickets-13737444065?aff=efbevent)

Louise
21-12-2014, 05:53
It's a great weekend! :cheers::camper:

Deleted user 21925
21-12-2014, 06:24
Rob, do you realise that you have your name down for the Hereford Mayday Rally, which is the same weekend.

No , should have checked the date Rog!

Sorry Mary, cannot attend. Maybe next year.

MaryMC
21-12-2014, 11:21
No , should have checked the date Rog!

Sorry Mary, cannot attend. Maybe next year.

Another time Rob, posted this as an alternative to the Hereford meet I thought it might be a good place to meet for members that live at this end of the country.
I went to the Hereford meet last year and really enjoyed it.

RoaminRog
21-12-2014, 20:06
Another time Rob, posted this as an alternative to the Hereford meet I thought it might be a good place to meet for members that live at this end of the country.
I went to the Hereford meet last year and really enjoyed it.

Sorry Rob (and Mary), I feel like a right party pooper! R.

Deleted user 21925
21-12-2014, 20:07
Sorry Rob (and Mary), I feel like a right party pooper! R.

No, thanks for letting me know Rog. I really need to use a calendar.

MaryMC
01-04-2015, 14:16
This is a free festival with about 30 local bands over the weekend. There is a 25 parking charge for Campervans and motorhomes for the use of the facilities in the Rugby Club . There are some wildcamping places nearby.

Anybody going to this? The charge is per unit not per person for the weekend and dogs are allowed on leads. Entry into the Marquee is free. There are wild camping places nearby.

Freebird
01-04-2015, 15:54

May be one for us. Will keep an eye on this as we are fans of beer and bands
Ann& Joe
:dance::dog:

izwozral
01-04-2015, 22:31
Maybe on for this, I'm a beery bandy person.

Penny13
03-04-2015, 16:39
Will be doing this in May :) must get ticket :)

The laird
06-04-2015, 06:04
Mary the o/h n masel were gonna try to attend but it's not going to happen im afraid so will try later in the year one😤

MaryMC
23-04-2015, 15:08

This is next weekend if anyone is interested, dogs allowed on leads.

Freebird
23-04-2015, 18:01
We have just booked our ticket. Looking forward to it. Dog comes too! Peanut the very friendly golden Labrador. Once seen never forgotten!
Joe and Ann :dance:

MaryMC
28-04-2015, 16:06
This is next weekend if anyone is interested, dogs allowed on leads.

Camping field opens at 10am and music starts at 6pm. See you there. :camper: :cheers: :dance:

wicketts
28-04-2015, 17:45

Have you goy a link to website thanks.

carol
28-04-2015, 18:16
Just google it, you'll get there :)

Wooie1958
28-04-2015, 18:20
Have you goy a link to website thanks.

Post #4 has a link in it.

Wully
28-04-2015, 20:50
Hi I'm new to all this and would like to try this sounds like fun. Couple of questions my vans 8 meters and I
Have a six year old is there anything for kids as she's of the beer. I would like to know if anyone else bringing children or just for adults.thanks l cruiser. (O forgot are there still places )

paul h
28-04-2015, 21:54
booked ages ago tickets emailed today going to be there saturday afternoon 12 year old young lady with us .Booked into avanti italian restaurant on sunday night which is a must

Freebird
28-04-2015, 22:03
Camping field opens at 10am and music starts at 6pm. See you there. :camper: :cheers: :dance:
We are setting off from Sunderland after school as we have two 16 year olds with us. We look forward to meeting fellow "wild campers". See you there.
:wacko::banana:

Livotlout
28-04-2015, 22:11
Hi I'm new to all this and would like to try this sounds like fun. Couple of questions my vans 8 meters and I
Have a six year old is there anything for kids as she's of the beer. I would like to know if anyone else bringing children or just for adults.thanks l cruiser. (O forgot are there still places )

See from their facebook page for last year that some children were in attendance with painted faces !!!!!!!!! ...have a look.

Alec.

Wully
29-04-2015, 15:25
See from their facebook page for last year that some children were in attendance with painted faces !!!!!!!!! ...have a look.

Alec.

Thanks Alex think I'll come along

Livotlout
29-04-2015, 20:20
No worries, hope you have a good run down in your new 'A' class......see you at the weekend

....Alec.

:camper:

Wully
29-04-2015, 20:33
No worries, hope you have a good run down in your new 'A' class......see you at the weekend

....Alec.

:camper:

That's me booked looking forward to good beer and music don't know anyone so please come and say hello
This is my first time to anything like this. Meant to ask is there any hard standing for parking I don't fancy parking on grass field for three days with all this rain .sorry to be so negative just thinking ahead. Cheers wully

Penny13
30-04-2015, 10:30
I am sure I have seen some WC with painted faces ;)
On our way see you all there :)
My bus sinks on grass :( always worry :(

outtolunch
30-04-2015, 11:22
When I went 2 years ago we were parked alongside the road and I did my usual when on grass and parked on my gripmats with only about 4 feet to drive before the drive wheels hit the tarmac it was no problem.
If no gripmats anything like bits of plywood which spread the load and stop wheels sinking will do.

Penny. Photos of spideronion where circulating but that was at Kirkby Stephens beer and bangers in September

Freebird
30-04-2015, 16:53
That's me booked looking forward to good beer and music don't know anyone so please come and say hello
This is my first time to anything like this. Meant to ask is there any hard standing for parking I don't fancy parking on grass field for three days with all this rain .sorry to be so negative just thinking ahead. Cheers wully

Hi. Its our first time at this type of thing too but we are looking forward to it. We are in a Swift Kontiki. We are the family with the very friendly golden Labrador so you will most likely see us.
See you there
Joe, Ann, Emily and Peanut (the lab!)
:mad1::bow:

Louise
02-05-2015, 23:15
As I live in Kirkby Lonsdale I just want to say how great it is to spot so many wild camping stickers at the rugby club this weekend! Hope you have all had/having a great time, shame the weather has turned! I was in the marquee on Friday night and a fantastic time!

:welcome::cheers::dance::have fun::fun::rockroll:

Penny13
03-05-2015, 02:59
Hi. Its our first time at this type of thing too but we are looking forward to it. We are in a Swift Kontiki. We are the family with the very friendly golden Labrador so you will most likely see us.
See you there
Joe, Ann, Emily and Peanut (the lab!)
:mad1::bow:

Great to meet you all hope the kids survived the parrot and salt and pepper ;)

Penny13
03-05-2015, 03:00
Having a great time but must go listen to the music on Sunday ;)

outtolunch
03-05-2015, 10:11
yesterdays tea with fresh bread cooked on a gas ring

Freebird
03-05-2015, 15:56
Great to meet you all hope the kids survived the parrot and salt and pepper ;)

Yeah we have very open minded children. It was great to meet up with other members and to be made so welcome at afternoon tea. We know next time and will bring more if a contribution.
We have moved from the middle of the field to the road side ready for a smooth get away tomorrow unless there is another monsoon!!
Wish I had a big enough motor home as I would also bring my 2 cats with us ( this is from Ann).
Ann, Joe, Emily and Peanut.
:hammer::wave::boat:

Freebird
05-05-2015, 09:53
As I live in Kirkby Lonsdale I just want to say how great it is to spot so many wild camping stickers at the rugby club this weekend! Hope you have all had/having a great time, shame the weather has turned! I was in the marquee on Friday night and a fantastic time!

:welcome::cheers::dance::have fun::fun::rockroll:

This was our first festival with our motorhome. Everyone was very friendly and the rugby club were very efficient at looking after us. What a beautiful part of the country to live! We will definitely be back next year.
Ann, Joe, Emily and Peanut.
:wacko:

izwozral
05-05-2015, 10:07
I saw three MH's parked side by side with WC stickers in the back window but nobody around to say hello to, I guess they were headbanging to the music, including this band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP0KSAh4GXs.
Great venue, great time but the weather sure could have been kinder, sorta turned out a bit Glastonbury by the Saturday night.

I looked out for Peanuts, saw every dog under the sun but no golden labs:sad:

carol
05-05-2015, 11:27
Looked out for you too Izwozrol!

MaryMC
05-05-2015, 16:24
I saw three MH's parked side by side with WC stickers in the back window but nobody around to say hello to, I guess they were headbanging to the music, including this band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP0KSAh4GXs.
Great venue, great time but the weather sure could have been kinder, sorta turned out a bit Glastonbury by the Saturday night.

Where abouts were you parked? We looked for you. Did you hear a loud Scottish man with a group of friends that was us.

izwozral
05-05-2015, 16:58
Parked near the hardstanding nearest to the club house. There was a gold coloured VW camper to our left. I did hear a Scottish accent, a guy in his 40's maybe early 50's. dark hair...?

Freebird
05-05-2015, 17:19

We were the Swift Kontiki in the middle of the field behind 3 motor homes with wild camp stickers. We have a golden lab sticker in back window. Probably out walking in the fab countryside. Look forward to meeting you soon.
Ann,Joe,Emily & Peanut...woof woof!
:wacko:

wicketts
07-05-2015, 18:21
Just google it, you'll get there :)
We got there.Had a brill weekend,had to leave early sunday so we didn't get bogged in. :dance::cheers:

Wully
07-05-2015, 19:31
Hi sorry I did'nt comment sooner some of us still have to work. Anyway had a great time in kirby Lonsdale last weekend met some great people who made us feel welcome you know who you are just felt that I should have parked nearer all the wild campers who look like there old hands at this kind of thing all very civil with marquis afternoon tea great stuff. I parked on hard standing at car park but felt that because of this I dident get to meet more of the wild camping circle. Kirby Lonsdale what a lovely little town will defiantly be back next year just hope weathers a bit better . Last thing people who work and run rugby club thank you for your hard work it must be hard catering for so many people in weather like that well done.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS