PDA

View Full Version : Help!!new girl needs help with Cornish road trip!!

nowadays
24-08-2008, 16:07
Hi! Claire in Plymouth here!....over the moon to have found this site!
My boyfriend bought a VW LT31 conversion last Feb and after many months of heartbreak and frustration Alan (the camper van) is ready to show us what he's made of. we've been dreaming of doing a Cornish road trip and would preferably like to make it as grass roots and basis as possible. We spent a beautiful weekend wild camping in Trebarwith strand last month and Im hoping that folk here could give me some pointers with regards to where to wild camp in the following areas.....
BUDE
PADSTOW
NEWQUAY
HAYLE/ST IVES
SENNEN
ST MICHAELS MOUNT
THE LIZARD

Not looking to be camping in the actual names places but anywhere around or about will be cool

Look forward to getting to know you guys!

All the best!
Edit/Delete Message

jeffo
24-08-2008, 18:29
hi clare theres a small amusment arcade on the out skirts of bude next to the beach if you pay the parking fee and ask at the arcade if you can stay a couple of nights they will let you they charged us 2 pound a night and theres public toilets across the car park

David & Ann
24-08-2008, 18:37
Add Porthtowan to your list. On the north side, Atlantic ocean. Porthtowan lies between St Agnes and Porthtreath. Also between Porthtreath and Gwithian, a place called Hells Mouth, parking along side the Cafe and also opposite the cafe. Along this route are loads of spots to wild camp. Bye the way, WELCOME Claire.

freelander
24-08-2008, 21:59
Stayed on the sea front overlooking the Mount three weeks ago. Several camper vans were parked there for the night with no problem.

Hi! Claire in Plymouth here!....over the moon to have found this site!
My boyfriend bought a VW LT31 conversion last Feb and after many months of heartbreak and frustration Alan (the camper van) is ready to show us what he's made of. we've been dreaming of doing a Cornish road trip and would preferably like to make it as grass roots and basis as possible. We spent a beautiful weekend wild camping in Trebarwith strand last month and Im hoping that folk here could give me some pointers with regards to where to wild camp in the following areas.....
BUDE
PADSTOW
NEWQUAY
HAYLE/ST IVES
SENNEN
ST MICHAELS MOUNT
THE LIZARD

Not looking to be camping in the actual names places but anywhere around or about will be cool

Look forward to getting to know you guys!

All the best!
Edit/Delete Message

renault4mad
24-08-2008, 22:07
HI Freelander,

that wasnt you who emptied your waste over the seawall..haha... hellup in the local paper about motorhomes doing that over the seawall.

They are trying to stop them from parking there now...

i live in Penzance and love parking my camper for the night along there. You can have a drink in the Station house pub. Good food there aswell

cheers

andrew

apjoe18
08-12-2008, 06:38
May i suggest that you visit porthcurno beach? has to be one of the best beaches in cornwall, looks almost like the bahamas, white sand and turquoise blue sea, and you can overnight in the main car park too!

tinphil
07-03-2009, 21:47
Hi Freelander,

Another couple of places for your Kernow tour is here in Tintagel (and for you other free campers!!).

Firstly, behind St. Materina's church on the cliff top (drive through the village and take a left just past the Cornishman pub). It's a NT car park but it's never checked, beautiful views out to sea (no toilets though).

Secondly, The Sword In The Stone car park opposite the Visitor Centre. The owner charges 3.50pn and toilets are available opposite at the Visitor Centre.

Happy camping.:)

annietom
08-03-2009, 09:53
We've parked up many times on the road overlooking St M.M Nowadays. It is a beautiful stretch though will start getting busier once the tourist season resumes so would advise arriving later on in the day!Have fun on your adventure and let us know where you went within all the beautiful places you've listed!

wildman
08-03-2009, 16:50
Welcome to the site and enjoy the trip. We did a Cornshire tour last year.
<see here> (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3533&highlight=cornshire)

I hope it is of some help.

annietom
09-03-2009, 18:53
Really enjoyed looking at your pictures WM!

lyn
01-07-2009, 11:02
We park down by St Michaels Mount on our way to Scilly so I hope they don't stop it as it is so handy as you have to get the ferry early. On the way home I am kn****** by the time we've packed up in Scilly and get the back in the van at around 8pm at night so the short drive there is ideal for another overnighter.

I have some great photos oof the moon above the Mount last year.

Hope the trip goes well.

Lyn

2CRAZYCAMPERS
18-07-2009, 13:02
just got back from a trip around cornwall found loads of spots not sure where to start

this was a real good one

from penzanace head for marazion when you get to the rounabout where morrisons is take the turn for long rock head towards long rock turn right just before enterprise car rentals on the right

pinch me you are almost on the beach!! with a great view of st micheals mount beats parking on the road at marazion.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS