PDA

View Full Version : Hayfield Closing Meet (end oct)

grath
25-08-2008, 16:22
We have another meet at Hayfield on their last weekend open for this year.
It is Friday 31st October to Sunday 2nd November:cool:
We may be able to use the site managers (Kevin & Joan)) BBQ.
Only arranged yesterday, and already Tresrikay, Lenny, Ladytramp & Grath are attending.
The more the merrier:cool:
Please Note:)
When I was talking to Kevin (The Site Manager) he mentioned that we may all be able to use his BBQ, however may I suggest that anybody that will want to use it should mention this to him at the time of booking and obviously take your own food.
I got the impression that it may turn out to be a kind of closing for the season party.
Please note that this was offered by Kevin (The site manager and not his assistant (who probably may be unaware of this offer)
Looking forward to meeting old and new friends at this meet:cool::cool:

lenny
25-08-2008, 16:51
Yep;), just to confirm, we'll be there and hoping to meet lots of members old and new,;)booking up tonight online, who knows we could fill the place with all the new members joining recently:eek::D:rolleyes:

highwayman
25-08-2008, 16:59
erm 'scuse-me folks
Where's Hayfield then???

regards...nige

grath
25-08-2008, 17:14
erm 'scuse-me folks
Where's Hayfield then???

regards...nige

Hi, there are several threads about Hayfield and we wrongly presume that everybody knows where it is:(
Thanks for pointing this out:cool:
Hayfield is North of Buxton and north of Chapel en le Frith.
It is on the A624 and in the Peak district national park:cool:
A very beautiful location and on a Camping & Caravaning Club site and non members are welcome.
Club Rezervation tel no is 0845 130 7633
The direct tel number for the camp site is 016637 45394.
Please tell the site Managers that you are Part of the Wildcamping meet or friends of Ricky & Graham & Kath.
They will then allocate an area all together

cipro
25-08-2008, 17:42
Hi, there are several threads about Hayfield and we wrongly presume that everybody knows where it is:(
Thanks for pointing this out:cool:
Hayfield is North of Buxton and north of Chapel en le Frith.
It is on the A624 and in the Peak district national park:cool:
A very beautiful location and on a Camping & Caravaning Club site and non members are welcome.
Club Rezervation tel no is 0845 130 7633
The direct tel number for the camp site is 016637 45394.
Please tell the site Managers that you are Part of the Wildcamping meet or friends of Ricky & Graham & Kath.
They will then allocate an area all together

Is there another date for meet :confused::D

cipro
25-08-2008, 17:46
Haha sorry just seen it on another post :(:(

mandrake
25-08-2008, 20:40
just seen this meet at the end of october with a bit of luck we will be coming over to hayfield ,as this year things have been a little strained on the financial side :eek::eek:in fact if we make it it will be the first time out this year still not complaining :rolleyes: as we have not exactly had a scorcher of a summer so not a lot lost :D anyway will do our best to meet again .

grath
25-08-2008, 20:42
just seen this meet at the end of october with a bit of luck we will be coming over to hayfield ,as this year things have been a little strained on the financial side :eek::eek:in fact if we make it it will be the first time out this year still not complaining :rolleyes: as we have not exactly had a scorcher of a summer so not a lot lost :D anyway will do our best to meet again .

Hi Graham (Mandrake)
We have just returned today from Hayfield and the weather was not too bad at all:cool:
Hope you can make it as it would be nice to see you again:cool:

mandrake
25-08-2008, 20:44
yes will be good to meet up with you both and the others .

grath
26-08-2008, 05:40
Only arranged yesterday, and already Tresrikay, Lenny, Ladytramp & Grath are attending.
When I was talking to Kevin (The Site Manager) he mentioned that we may all be able to use his BBQ, however may I suggest that anybody that will want to use it should mention this to him at the time of booking and obviously take your own food.
I got the impression that it may turn out to be a kind of closing for the season party.
Please note that this was offered by Kevin (The site manager and not his assistant (who probably may be unaware of this offer)

I have just added more information to the original post:D

grath
26-08-2008, 05:57
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0148-1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0115.jpg

Some of the Guys at the last Hayfield meet:D
A lot were missing:D

tresrikay
26-08-2008, 18:03
That was the meet before last, the last one was also attended by Cas, polly and nick. as well as the handsome group in the piccies.:rolleyes::confused: just booked my pitch 6.20 for 2 nights location info......http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bowden+bridge+car+park+hayfield+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.380167,-1.929678&spn=0.002874,0.006866&z=17&layer=c The campsite is opposite the car park

grath
26-08-2008, 18:48
That was the meet before last, the last one was also attended by Cas, polly and nick. as well as the handsome group in the piccies.:rolleyes::confused: just booked my pitch 6.20 for 2 nights location info......http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bowden+bridge+car+park+hayfield+derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.380167,-1.929678&spn=0.002874,0.006866&z=17&layer=c The campsite is opposite the car park

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0234-1.jpg
Sorry, I got the meets mixed up:D
A senile moment:o

cipro
26-08-2008, 19:00

Hi Rick am I right in saying there is no hook up???????
Cost per person 5.15 with no pitch fee??????????

grath
26-08-2008, 19:04
Hi Rick am I right in saying there is no hook up???????
Cost per person 5.15 with no pitch fee??????????

There is No Hook up, and the cost will depend on if you are members.
For ladytramp & I it will be 12.40 for the weekend.:cool:
You pay per person.
We get age concession rate (over 55 and club members):o
Give them a ring:cool:

Come on guys & gals, I know there are many of you that are even nearer than we are. so how about it:):):)

cipro
26-08-2008, 19:17
There is No Hook up, and the cost will depend on if you are members.
For ladytramp & I it will be 12.40 for the weekend.:cool:
You pay per person.
We get age concession rate (over 55 and club members):o
Give them a ring:cool:

Come on guys & gals, I know there are many of you that are even nearer than we are. so how about it:):):)

Thanks will check things out , this sept dates????

grath
26-08-2008, 19:21
Thanks will check things out , this sept dates????

The September meet will be costing Ladytramp & I 14.40 (mid season)
I am sure that if any of you guys want to come, you will find the dosh
( or I hope you will):cool::cool:

cipro
26-08-2008, 19:26
The September meet will be costing Ladytramp & I 14.40 (mid season)
I am sure that if any of you guys want to come, you will find the dosh
( or I hope you will):cool::cool:

How late can we book and are bikes useful in this area:confused:

tresrikay
26-08-2008, 19:36
For the sheepdog trials sept 20/21, I would book early as it gets busier every year. for the last weekend...... well last year there were 4 vans and 3 tents on the whole site........:confused:

cipro
26-08-2008, 19:41
For the sheepdog trials sept 20/21, I would book early as it gets busier every year. for the last weekend...... well last year there were 4 vans and 3 tents on the whole site........:confused:
Ok Tres will sort by end of week thanks:D:D

grath
26-08-2008, 19:55
How late can we book and are bikes useful in this area:confused:

We took our bikes this last weekend to Hayfield and we found a great cycle path:cool:
Go for it:cool:
Alternatively, If you want really rough mountain bike tracks, there are also lots of them:cool:

grath
27-08-2008, 17:54
Well, all you guys that sit on the side!!!!STOP thinking about this meet and book it!!!! NOW would be a good time:D:D:D

Telstar
28-08-2008, 12:38
I've booked in. Add us to the growing list of attendees.

Jon

Topic and Wanderer
28-08-2008, 13:25
Can't do Sept (got wedding to go to). Hopefully will do end of Oct and see some of you then :)

grath
28-08-2008, 17:03
Keep on coming guys:cool:

Ladyandthetramp
29-08-2008, 08:59
Really hope to make this one - if still solvent by then!:eek: L

mandrake
29-08-2008, 09:06

thats the thing these days solvency but we will more than likely be there even if we have to do a bit of busking to rase the cash :eek::D:D:eek:

grath
29-08-2008, 15:26

Could be a little confusing with Ladyandthetramp and ladytramp at the same meet:D:D:D:D
Lots of fun:cool:
Hope you can make it:cool:

Ladyandthetramp
29-08-2008, 20:17
Could be a little confusing with Ladyandthetramp and ladytramp at the same meet:D:D:D:D
Lots of fun:cool:
Hope you can make it:cool:

Yeah - I didn't spot there was such a similar name when I joined...sorry for the confuzzion:o - but great minds think alike, they say!:D

Look forward to meeting the real thing!:)
L

grath
29-08-2008, 20:18
Yeah - I didn't spot there was such a similar name when I joined...sorry for the confuzzion:o - but great minds think alike, they say!:D

Look forward to meeting the real thing!:)
L

ladytramp is also a Scott:eek::D:eek::D

Ladyandthetramp
29-08-2008, 20:25
:eek:Ohmigod!!! That is spooky!!!:eek::eek::D

grath
29-08-2008, 20:26
:eek:Ohmigod!!! That is spooky!!!:eek::eek::D
And from the lowlands (Glasgowish):D

Ladyandthetramp
29-08-2008, 21:42
And from the lowlands (Glasgowish):D

:eek:Look forward to meeting y'all!!!!:D:D

cas
30-08-2008, 13:09
Im thinking about it but know how soft I am and it may be a little cold for me at that time. :D

grath
31-08-2008, 15:47
Im thinking about it but know how soft I am and it may be a little cold for me at that time. :D

Hey Cas, You could always fall over a guy rope and wrap yourself up in a tent and for seconds, roll up in a windbreaker:D:D:D
You would then be snug as a bug:D:D:D

cas
31-08-2008, 16:24
ha could do, have concidered fetching som1 to keep me warm

grath
31-08-2008, 16:28
ha could do, have concidered fetching som1 to keep me warm

Come on Cas, you have just got to come:cool:

cas
31-08-2008, 17:32
gonna look tomorrow see if it falls on my weekend off or not then and decide from there :D

Polly
02-09-2008, 17:01
Hia
My sister is hinting at me to visit them and I said I would visit Oct half term (must have been mad)
Anyway I don't know why I said it but I told her I was going away at the end of Oct so now I will have to book for Hayfield because I do not tell porky pies.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

hymercamper
02-09-2008, 18:08
looks like i can make this one as Bridgewater Carnival is 7 th nov ,see link if anyone is interested http://www.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/
rob

Ladyandthetramp
02-09-2008, 18:42
Looks like I can make it too - provided I still have a camper van by then! :eek: L

Telstar
03-09-2008, 18:18
If we keep booking in these numbers, we ought to be booking as a rally and getting the same rates as Rick!

Jon

tresrikay
03-09-2008, 18:34
If we keep booking in these numbers, we ought to be booking as a rally and getting the same rates as Rick!

Jon

The only special rate I get is because I am always on my own, However might get Talking tent interseted in this one. Providing his Mrs is agreable.

Telstar
03-09-2008, 18:59
I only mentioned rates because if we booked onto a commercial site (inc C&CC) there are rally rates, although these won't be as cheap as single person. I'm on such rates next week at C&CC Windermere site! For example this June before the little darlings broke up from school I stayed on a certain site in Dorset for about 10/night inc electric (which you don't use much of in summer). The site had a bar and pool and we were informed that the same site charges upto 35/night in the height of summer. Last month I stayed on a CL/CS's rally field (yes I know about the insurance issues) 6/night including electric near Derby/M1.

As a side note, once you've booked in on a site has anybody heard of any site checking occupancy or the number of dogs? I could kick the wife out in Hayfield villiage in future and get her to walk to the site. She'd get fitter and I'd save a few bob for spending in the local pub. Winners all round.

Jon

lenny
03-09-2008, 20:14
Hia
My sister is hinting at me to visit them and I said I would visit Oct half term (must have been mad)
Anyway I don't know why I said it but I told her I was going away at the end of Oct so now I will have to book for Hayfield because I do not tell porky pies.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hiya Polly, why not invite your sister along for the weekend:eek::D then you wont feel so guilty:rolleyes:

tresrikay
04-09-2008, 18:28
I only mentioned rates because if we booked onto a commercial site (inc C&CC) there are rally rates, although these won't be as cheap as single person. I'm on such rates next week at C&CC Windermere site! For example this June before the little darlings broke up from school I stayed on a certain site in Dorset for about 10/night inc electric (which you don't use much of in summer). The site had a bar and pool and we were informed that the same site charges upto 35/night in the height of summer. Last month I stayed on a CL/CS's rally field (yes I know about the insurance issues) 6/night including electric near Derby/M1.

As a side note, once you've booked in on a site has anybody heard of any site checking occupancy or the number of dogs? I could kick the wife out in Hayfield villiage in future and get her to walk to the site. She'd get fitter and I'd save a few bob for spending in the local pub. Winners all round.

Jon

You can't do that to Kevin and Joan, they are a lovely couple and really go out of their way to accomodate. AND to save 5.20 and you being a merchant banker:(:(:(:D . We must ask though this next meet so that we can maybe get a few meets forward planned for next year;):)

Polly
17-09-2008, 20:18
Hia
Thought i would bring this to the top of the page for viewing but others will be at Hayfield.
I am booking if i can get through as I like the personal touch. :confused::confused:
How many are making this meet anyone keeping count
Have you reliazed it is halloween that weekend:eek::eek::eek:

jimmnlizz
18-09-2008, 08:53
Go on then, we'll book as soon as we get home and have checked hospital dates etc. :confused: DDDOOOHHHH! It's a weekend anyway :p so we will book now!!! :rolleyes: I did a quick count and I reckon that there will be 9 vans going. :cool: JIM.

mandrake
18-09-2008, 12:27
well we are still hoping to get over that weekend but at this moment we are leaving the booking till later hope we can stiil get on

tresrikay
18-09-2008, 18:17
well we are still hoping to get over that weekend but at this moment we are leaving the booking till later hope we can stiil get on

don't think that will be a problem, we might be the only ones there.

grath
21-09-2008, 17:09
Joan from The Caravan & Camping club has told me that only 6 of us have confirmed bookings so all you maybe,s please GET BOOKING, if you want to come, as the more the merrier:)

grath
21-09-2008, 18:49
Kevin, the Manager at Hayfield is going to put up some sort of cover between his M/H and his caravan, so if it is wet, we should be ok.
There are a few other contingency plans, so come on you by standers, please commit yourself and then we will know the numbers so that we can make plans

Polly
22-09-2008, 17:18
Hia

Just booked for this weekend:D:D

Is it party time;);)

Dont forget to bring the B.B.Qs

I am going to get my thermals out so I can stay out longer and not miss out on the fun or the bets of whos the first to fall over.:D:D

I am going earlier so I might put the kettle on or open a box of wine to greet you with.:eek::eek:
Maybe I might need 2 boxes

lenny
22-09-2008, 17:52
Good on ya,Polly:p that,s the spirit;):D... Go on, open the box:eek::cool:

grath
28-09-2008, 15:59

Just a reminder to old and new members

lenny
12-10-2008, 21:02

Another reminder to plug the above weekend ;), C,mon :cool: lets go for it:p:rolleyes:

tresrikay
13-10-2008, 18:41
Spent a lovely last weekend at Hayfield, On Sunday I ate my Kipper outside in blazing sunshine 22c and got in a couple of walks as well. Had a nice drink with kev and Joan on Saturday night and they said we had 8 firm bookings for pitch 26. for the last weekend:eek:

Being the kind hearted, benevolent, thoughtfull and modest chap I am I have said " give that pitch to he or her most needy" :rolleyes: "and put me wherever you can squeeze me in, as my comrades deserve only the best":confused:

So come on folks lets see how many vans will fit on pitch 26...... p.s. The auction for the land is at Man uniteds ground on Thursday 16th:mad::mad::mad:

The club is bidding.

cipro
14-10-2008, 14:52
:mad:Sorry can't be there hope the weather is kind and will probably be the biggest meet yet:D

As for the land 4 sale pitch 26 is in the way and would have to
dig it up:eek: as if some one would.

Polly
14-10-2008, 15:26
hia
Sorry I have not been about my internet is down quickly doing this message from work.
I'm having a battle with talk talk being passed and fobbed off. Will not be fobbed off any more enough is enough
last time on line was 3 Oct

heres to getting back on line don't hold your breath i can hear my inner self saying.
see you for now
looking forward to end of oct
How many for this weekend any ideas???????

mandrake
14-10-2008, 21:52
polly have you got sky at home if so switch its free (well nowts free it just lumped in with your subscription )

tresrikay
16-10-2008, 17:59
Just heard from Joan that the land adjascent to pitches behind the gate ( 26 )has been purchased by the club, this has been because of a sustained level of pressure by Kevin and Joan. I am thinking maybe we could get them a bottle of wine some choccies and flowers at the closing meet. What say you that are comming.
They are passionate about this beautifull site and hope to be the managers for many years.
I am going to have to book every other weekend next year..... thats what they told me.

lenny
16-10-2008, 18:39
Great idea,Rick, I second your proposal;), a great couple who are a credit to C and CC :):cool:

grath
17-10-2008, 17:33
Hi,
We can't guarantee attending this meet as extremely busy at work:eek:
This weekend we were booked at Chatsworth House, but had to cancel due to work problems.
Still in these times, it is better to be busy than have no work at all.
Where I work, we are most certainly bucking this recession trend:cool:

tresrikay
17-10-2008, 18:53
Great idea,Rick, I second your proposal;), a great couple who are a credit to C and CC :):cool:

Thanks Lenny, I will purchase and bring to the meet and those that want to chip in can do so. I will also get a card for us to sign.

Looking forward to seeing all the gang again...... just hope Graham and Kath make it.

flashingblade
17-10-2008, 19:34
hi guys (n gals). apologies for my absence, had a busy time lately. been workin away and any time at home has been a premium. sorry, you come second best. my van is halfway ready so me and family are going to try for this meet. can't commit yet but will try my best, had such a good time last time we came.

lenny
17-10-2008, 20:07
Hi,
We can't guarantee attending this meet as extremely busy at work:eek:
This weekend we were booked at Chatsworth House, but had to cancel due to work problems.
Still in these times, it is better to be busy than have no work at all.
Where I work, we are most certainly bucking this recession trend:cool:

Sorry to hear of this Graham, but you,re right, we should count ourselves lucky to be earning a living in these difficult times;).
Hope you can sort something out for the weekend meet cos I know you love the place:).
Give my best regards to Kath

lenny
17-10-2008, 20:10
hi guys (n gals). apologies for my absence, had a busy time lately. been workin away and any time at home has been a premium. sorry, you come second best. my van is halfway ready so me and family are going to try for this meet. can't commit yet but will try my best, had such a good time last time we came.

Good on ya , Flashingblade;)(Sorry, forgot your name), doesnt matter that your van Is,nt finished yet, just bring the materials and we,ll bring our tools:eek::D

grath
18-10-2008, 15:32
Thanks Guys, we will do our best and you may have a pleasant surprise by a couple whom I am sure you will want to meet and are also hoping to attend:):cool:

flashingblade
18-10-2008, 18:22
i pressume you mean diy tools, unless its a dirty weekend !!

tresrikay
18-10-2008, 19:13
i pressume you mean diy tools, unless its a dirty weekend !!

I doubt we could better your excellent work, don't worry if you havn't booked. at this time of year just turn up if its a last minute discision.

grath
20-10-2008, 20:17
Thanks Guys, we will do our best and you may have a pleasant surprise by a couple whom I am sure you will want to meet and are also hoping to attend:):cool:

I must say that I am very surprised that some of the older members are not intrigued as to who I am referring to as may be coming:D:confused::D

jimmnlizz
20-10-2008, 20:33
Errrrrm....................Father Christmas??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: JIM.

lenny
20-10-2008, 20:44
I think I know who it might be but I didnt want to spoil the surprise;):D, and yes,I do look forward to meeting them:cool:

jimmnlizz
21-10-2008, 13:26
I look forward to meeting anybody new (to me!) JIM.

Polly
22-10-2008, 07:23
Hia
See you all next weekend.
Internet still down
in work early to try and catch up

lenny
22-10-2008, 21:39
I realise that some of us have given up on summer and are contemplating putting our vans into hibernation for the winter:(:rolleyes:,so why not give it one more run out this year to the Hayfield meet;),you won,t be disapointed:cool:.
9 or 10 vans so far and lots of really nice people, including the site wardens (kev and Joan), so come on, have a think about it:rolleyes: and lets make this one a meet to remember:cool:

tresrikay
23-10-2008, 18:08
Just realised that Friday at this meet is Halloween night, :eek:
Are any members using any forms of alternative transport to arrive....... Do we need to keep one eye focused skyward for any hastily adapted items of cleaning appliances, of the manual catagory............ :eek:
Is Polly going to wear a long pointy hat........:D
Is jack going to turn into the hound of the Baskerville at midnight:confused:
And most importantly is FLASHINGBLADE:eek::eek::eek: gulp, leaving them at home.;)

grath
23-10-2008, 18:18
You forgot Kath on her broomstick:D:eek:

lenny
23-10-2008, 18:28
How about a Halloween Witches Jig http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/DancingWitch.gif, well I,ve got my outfit:eek::D

grath
23-10-2008, 18:30
How about a Halloween Witches Jig http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/DancingWitch.gif, well I,ve got my outfit:eek::D

I would reconise you anywhere lenny:D:D

tresrikay
23-10-2008, 18:37
I will stick with a Halloween witches........ DRAM:p

grath
23-10-2008, 18:40
Still hope to make it, but had to cancel this weekend as well as last as too busy at work.
Cant believe just how busy we are :cool:and everybody else is on short time or cutting back:eek:

tresrikay
23-10-2008, 18:43
I will stick with a Halloween witches........ DRAM:p

missElaineous
23-10-2008, 21:18
I hope you all have a great time at Hayfield. Would love to join you sometime if you go again next year. I love the site. Would have come this time, just got van MOT'd and taxed after being SORNed for a few months, but we're heading in the other direction this week. Have fun.

Wee-z
24-10-2008, 11:02
Hayfield a bit far away for us, I'm sure all going will enjoy themselves.

Watch out for flying broomsticks! ( and Jack )

Weez
Tony

robert b
24-10-2008, 11:44
we would loved to have come as well but our week end of work together is this weekend. so we have settled to go to scarborough or filey for a few days but hope you all have a realy good week end maybe next time we will make it. allan

grath
25-10-2008, 07:10
So who is definately booked??????:cool:

Lenny
Tresrikay
Polly
Telstar
Jimmnliz
grath & ladytramp
not forgetting Joan & Kevin (site managers)

Maybe coming or maybe booked??:cool:
please let us know:confused::confused:

Mandrake (update, cant make it):(
Hymercamper
ladyandthetramp (ladyandthetramp may meet ladytramp):D
cas
Sammclouis
George Telford

Please confirm, thanks

Any body else would be most welcome, so come on Guys and Gals stop saying maybe and come along.
Sorry if I have missed anybody or got anything wrong:o, just say so

mandrake
25-10-2008, 10:02
hi grath cannot make it worst luck, new job i need to work sat night cannot refuse as things are today gotta look after the work side of things, but all have a good time. been a bad year allround with one thing or another so looking forward to next year .

grath
25-10-2008, 14:11
Work is more important in this credit crunch:(
Maybe another time:)

tresrikay
25-10-2008, 19:01
So who is definately booked??????:cool:

Lenny
Tresrikay
Polly
Telstar
Jimmnliz
grath & ladytramp
not forgetting Joan & Kevin (site managers)

Maybe coming or maybe booked??:cool:
please let us know:confused::confused:

Mandrake (update, cant make it):(
Hymercamper
ladyandthetramp (ladyandthetramp may meet ladytramp):D
cas
Sammclouis
George Telford

Please confirm, thanks

Any body else would be most welcome, so come on Guys and Gals stop saying maybe and come along.
Sorry if I have missed anybody or got anything wrong:o, just say so

Not forgetting Flashingblade, who is booked in , spoke today to Joan who thinks only 8 are booked in.

grath
25-10-2008, 20:16
Hi
Flashing Blade has not confirmed on Wild, however great that he and family are coming, thanks Rick for posting this confirmation.
8 is more than the 6 that we have confirmed on Wildcamping and I can only go by what people post, but the more the merrier.
Come on guys & Gals

grath
26-10-2008, 13:00
5 days to go:D:):cool::):D:cool::):D

hymercamper
26-10-2008, 17:17
Put me down, will be working til dinner on sat but up just after that as its only half hour from me.
Rob

grath
26-10-2008, 17:27
Put me down, will be working til dinner on sat but up just after that as its only half hour from me.
Rob

Fantastic Rob, we look forward to seeing you again:cool:
Safe journey:cool:

lenny
26-10-2008, 17:29
Nice one ,Rob,look forward to meeting you;):)

tresrikay
26-10-2008, 19:08
Have been on call all weekend as we are having major works done, been opening and closing and general overseeing as I will be all next week, but come 12 noon friday I am HAYFIELD bound, looking forward to seeing you all then........ a bottle of BOWMORE is waiting to be shared.......... should there be any left..........;)

lenny
26-10-2008, 19:40
Now I,m really looking forward to next weekend ;)Rick:rolleyes: your Bowmore wouldnt happen to be this one,would it??/

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/rightShop2.jpg

Or maybe the Kasakstan version:eek::mad::D:p

Polly
27-10-2008, 10:36
Hia
My computer is still down well thats not true really it is the set up with talk talk

I am now on my sons computer
where there is a will there is a way!!!
See you all this weekend
I am arriviving Thursday due to needing chill out time
stress relief the radio and a book and a full glass.
my dad has been in hospital since september (end) and he is due out this week
I have passed on the caring duties to my brother and sister from Thursday so I am escaping. Is that the violins playing for my sob story or is it because I have no internet.:confused::confused:

So when you all arrive I should be chilled out enough to enjoy all your company.

grath
27-10-2008, 17:08
See you there Polly.
Safe journey.
Go for pitch 26 as hard ground.:D

tresrikay
27-10-2008, 17:13
Now I,m really looking forward to next weekend ;)Rick:rolleyes: your Bowmore wouldnt happen to be this one,would it??/

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/rightShop2.jpg

Or maybe the Kasakstan version:eek::mad::D:p

Fraid mine is just Bowmore legend, a mere 10 year old but if you want to bring a bottle of the 18 year old I will swap.....;)

lenny
27-10-2008, 17:52
Fraid mine is just Bowmore legend, a mere 10 year old but if you want to bring a bottle of the 18 year old I will swap.....;)
I,ll put the feelers out Rick,

flashingblade
27-10-2008, 19:05
hi all. i haven't booked for weekend. we have a haloween party on friday eve and i'm still trying to convince kim that the van is useable, even though it doesn't look inviting yet. attrition is how the children get their own way so i will give it a go. if i don't succeed, i will surely come down and visit you all. it's been ages since we last hooked up.

Telstar
28-10-2008, 19:28
Looking forward to this gathering. Meat needs defrosting for the BBQ, drink already in the van. Having my omnistore awning relocated on Friday AM to allow for a safari room to fit (may test it this weekend, weather permitting). it need moving forward and a spacer of approx 12mm installing. The dealership was on about putting wooden spacers in, bugger that, I am taking him plastic blocks of the right size. If I was brave enough I'd do it myself. Last time I was there I was giving him advice, unfortunately I don't have much choice in places to go locally, so I'll be watching them like a hawk to make sure he does a proper job.

Just got my CCC 'your place in the country 2009' yesterday. In it was a form for advance bookings, it was between pages 64 and 65. Page65 is HAYFIELD, spooky or what! I did notice that they have again put the prices up for next year which makes wilding even more attractive. I note that they are now allowing motorhomes and caravans (sorry for using that word) on Crowden, which is only 12 miles away, so I might give that one a go sometime. What is immediately obvious is the lack of these club sites that are open after this weekend. They are virtually forcing us to wildcamp.

ps I've signed the No10 petition, for what good these seem to do. As anyone heard of anybody at No.10 every taking notice/implementing any of these petitions?

Jon

Jon

grath
28-10-2008, 21:29
Not forgetting Flashingblade, who is booked in , spoke today to Joan who thinks only 8 are booked in.
Must be somebody else Rick as Flashing blade says not booked on:confused::(
I hope they come:cool:

lenny
28-10-2008, 21:44
Well 8 vans is not bad for the time of year:rolleyes: and theres still time for any late attenders;), anyway, Ricks Malt can only stretch so far:eek: and the less that turn up means our glasses will be fuller:eek::D

grath
29-10-2008, 18:10
I am still struggling to make this meet as much pressure from work:eek:
Too much work and not enough time and many rumours of 120 going after christmas:eek::eek:
Need to keep my nose clean and not say no as much as i normally do:rolleyes:
Otherwise bye bye to my Hymer:eek:
By the way, Kath & I have tried to contact Sam & GT and no replies, therefore, we have no idea if they are still coming

lenny
29-10-2008, 18:24
Decisions,desisions:rolleyes:, Graham ,you do what you think is best;):),

Or you could let Kath attend and you could go to work on your Bike:eek::D:cool:

Just kidding:D Good luck:cool:

grath
29-10-2008, 18:32
Decisions,desisions Graham ,you do what you think is best

Or you could let Kath attend and you could go to work on your Bike

Just kidding:D Good luck:cool:
Hi Lenny, I would not let kath within 100 miles of the steering wheel if I was not there:D:eek::o:D:eek::o
But I want to come and I have not used the van for 4 weeks this coming weekend, but the big BUT is that I am not indispensable, but they do need me as just too much to deliver and no one else seems to want to know:o
Will have to see how the land lies:D

tresrikay
29-10-2008, 18:33
I am still struggling to make this meet as much pressure from work:eek:
Too much work and not enough time and many rumours of 120 going after christmas:eek::eek:
Need to keep my nose clean and not say no as much as i normally do:rolleyes:
Otherwise bye bye to my Hymer:eek:
By the way, Kath & I have tried to contact Sam & GT and no replies, therefore, we have no idea if they are still coming

Well even if you can only get up for Saturday night, it would be worth it. I know how much you want to come and they can't work you every day as thats breaking the law and negating their duty of care, as an employee you do have rights.

grath
29-10-2008, 18:40
Well even if you can only get up for Saturday night, it would be worth it. I know how much you want to come and they can't work you every day as thats breaking the law and negating their duty of care, as an employee you do have rights.

Kath said the same to me but I never ever take my van out for 1 night, (only ever did it once and that was the first time we ever had a m/h) too much effort cleaning and filling with water and draining and everything else for just one night:eek:
I motorhome for relaxation and enjoyment and not to be rushed and worn out and not relaxed.
But thanks, I do know what you mean, probably the difference is that I drive all week long and I like to have a bit of a wind down:cool::D

tresrikay
29-10-2008, 18:46
Kath said the same to me but I never ever take my van out for 1 night, (only ever did it once and that was the first time we ever had a m/h) too much effort cleaning and filling with water and draining and everything else for just one night:eek:
I motorhome for relaxation and enjoyment and not to be rushed and worn out and not relaxed.
But thanks, I do know what you mean, probably the difference is that I drive all week long and I like to have a bit of a wind down:cool::D

Fair point Graham, Just hope you both make it, you will be missed.

Polly
29-10-2008, 21:01
Hia

I'm live from my own home

Yeppe
Haven't time to go through the posts will do that next week

Well been sorting out sister and brother to be contacts for my dad as officially I should have been unreachable from today. But
Anyway had a great day out at Ikea
been to matalan for Thermals and a hat
will sort a few loose ends tomorrow morning and then I am on my way for that very very long journey to Hayfield

Had a thought are the washrooms/loos heated???? well they are sparkling clean maybe we could have our get together in them and we will all keep warm that way :D:D:D
not sure about BBQ in their though :p:p
thinking of taking my bike or should I just settle for a stroll and take my book to the pub.:D:D
see you all there

lenny
29-10-2008, 21:27
Hiya, Polly ,dont worry about the cold;)Polly, we,ll soon aclimatise to it:), just make sure you,ve got the kettle on when we arrive :D.
Safe journey and look forward to meeting again:cool:

Polly
29-10-2008, 21:42
Hia
Kettle will be on but maybe a glass of whiskey will be waiting to keep the chill out of Chrisine and yourself.
I'm a learner (cough cough) with whiskey (wish I could spell it) so I am on Bells/:D:D

Polly
29-10-2008, 21:43
Hia
me again
should I take me sledge

Topic and Wanderer
30-10-2008, 09:31
:D Really loving all the comments re this weekend. We really really wanted to come to Hayfield - would be our 1st chance to meet you all. Just recovering from flu and a week off work so not really sure should risk cold weekend in camper (not got any heating without electric). Done lots of times before but still feeling a bit delicate. Will give it tonight and see how we feel Friday morning. Presume we can just turn up without booking.

Polly
30-10-2008, 11:06
Hia
I'm on my way in 5 minutes
Not taking my bike or my sledge
Spoilt sport arn't I
but surely their will be some kind of activities going on
even if it is falling on the floor and getting up again
or
climbing that little hill behind the campsite
or
bar skittles:D:D:D

lenny
30-10-2008, 19:21
:D Really loving all the comments re this weekend. We really really wanted to come to Hayfield - would be our 1st chance to meet you all. Just recovering from flu and a week off work so not really sure should risk cold weekend in camper (not got any heating without electric). Done lots of times before but still feeling a bit delicate. Will give it tonight and see how we feel Friday morning. Presume we can just turn up without booking.

Speedy recovery;) and hope to see you both at the weekend T and W:cool:

Should,nt be a problem just turning up but I think it would be best to ring the site first:)

lenny
30-10-2008, 20:25
At the time of printing this ,I assume our Advance Party (Polly:eek:) will now be dug in with all round defence in place, awaiting our arrival:eek::p.
I assume she will be tucked up,snug as a bug with her feet up watching telly with a glass of grapejuice and a box of roses for company:rolleyes:..

Enjoy the tranquility Polly cos we.ll be there tomorrow to shatter your peace:eek::D:cool:

grath
30-10-2008, 21:08
Safe journey everybody, we hope to see you all there:)

mandrake
31-10-2008, 05:42
have a safe journey all and enjoy your relaxing weekend :D i am shure i will, working hard, working my fingers to the bone, toiling away, braking my back while you lucky people are relaxing downing a few whiskeys just spare a thought for poor old downtrodden me :D:D:D whimper whimper

sea lion
01-11-2008, 06:58
Hope you all have a good time. I would have been tempted if it wasn't Hayfield as I live there!

If you see a bloke with two collies walking by having a good nose, it will be me.

Have fun. I advise a walk up Kinder Scout if you're feeling fit.

lenny
01-11-2008, 15:22
I think I may have seen you and your collies on the path this morning, you should have popped in for a cuppa, Just had a little walk this morning with Rick (Tresrikay). Heres the view from mt door .first thing this morning, (Jimmnlizz,s van in the foreground)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/01112008007.jpg

Topic and Wanderer
01-11-2008, 15:29
Sorry not been able to join you this time. Still feeling bit rough after Flu and think cold would of been too much. Really envious but hope you all have a fantastic time. Will meet up with you all in future. Keep warm :)

cipro
01-11-2008, 18:59
Nice one Lenny keep the pics coming:D:D
Send our best to the rest of the gang

Tim & Laney.

lenny
02-11-2008, 08:53
Last nights barbecue went down well with no incidents to report, heres a pic of Pam and Jons new safari room..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/01112008010.jpg

cipro
02-11-2008, 09:56
Morning brave people, yet to see any :eek: just vans are you all hiding :D
Did you all have your bbq last night.

grath
02-11-2008, 14:11
Hope you all have a good time. I would have been tempted if it wasn't Hayfield as I live there!

If you see a bloke with two collies walking by having a good nose, it will be me.

Have fun. I advise a walk up Kinder Scout if you're feeling fit.

You should have come down to introduce yourself, it would have been good to meet:)
You do live in a great place.
We have seen about 5 M/Hs parked in Hayfield, which is yours?

grath
02-11-2008, 14:23
A very BIG THANK YOU to our FANTASTIC hosts Joan & Kevin Holiday Site Managers for The Caravan & Camping Club!!!!! The BEST by far:cool::
A very big thank you again and again:cool: and again for all the wine that you supplied and again for Kevins GREAT BBQ. A real party atmosphere, in fact a real party:cool:
Thank you to everybody that attended, I think that all had a good time and I really do hope so. The weather was not too bad considering the forecast and the makeshift BBQ room that Kevin made just did the job very well.
8 Wildcamping vans plus 3 regulars at the campsite that joined us in the fun:)
At least 6 people were missing from the photo call as on walkabout's
Not too many hangovers, I hope;) and I do hope that everybody had a safe journey home.
Until the next time

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0961.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0964.jpg

Telstar Jon & Pam missed the photo shoot:( so 2 missing in action:D

grath
02-11-2008, 14:24
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0955.jpg
Some of the vans:cool:

grath
02-11-2008, 14:33
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0967.jpg
All the girls are laughing:D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0968.jpg

Guess who this is???:D:D

grath
02-11-2008, 14:41
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0966.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0954.jpg
This little Gnome gets everywhere:eek::D;) (ladytramp (Kath) I mean):D

Polly
02-11-2008, 16:48
Hia
What a GREAT weekend
Thanks to our host Joan and Kevin courtesy of the camping and caravan club who went beyond the call of duty in preparing a fantastic shelter to keep us warm on Friday and Saturday evening.

Also thanks to the wilders for getting together

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture002-1.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture003.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture033.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture014-2.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture010-3.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture034.jpg

views around Hayfield.

grath
02-11-2008, 16:55
Nice pics Polly, the Sheep dip and Kinder reservoir

Polly
02-11-2008, 17:07
Hia
Correct
shows you and Kath also had a stroll about.:D:D
Question Who was in the other Hymer:confused::confused:
and how many of us were there?
Saturday evening 20 people in the conservatory :confused:
maybe it was the beverages :D:D

grath
02-11-2008, 17:17
Hia
Correct
shows you and Kath also had a stroll about.:D:D
Question Who was in the other Hymer:confused::confused:
and how many of us were there?
Saturday evening 20 people in the conservatory :confused:
maybe it was the beverages :D:D

Vans,
Tresrikay X1
HymercamperX1
Jimandliz X2
Flashing BladeX1
LennyX1
PollyX1
TelstarX2
Grath & ladytrampX2
Not forgetting Joan & Kevin site Managers with their Autosleeper & Hymer caravan
The A class Hymer people did not join us at all:(
There were 3 regular motorhomes on site and these people joined in the party:cool:

flashingblade
02-11-2008, 17:20
hi all. i had a great time (again). the sat evening bbq and coffee morning were a success. WE (or do i mean 'I' ) will have to get more organised next time. thanks for looking after me Lenny and tell Jack he's left a right mess on my sleeve !! hope you all got home safe and sound.

messenger 2.5td
02-11-2008, 18:16
Looks like you all had a great time aplogogies for not being able to attend:(Spent the weekend with grandaughter going to be working nights till christmas so had to spend some time with her.I must say what i fine collection of hats:D:p:):eek:some great photos,Andy.

robert b
02-11-2008, 18:23
glad you all had a great time . i was decorating as wife had to work weekend but theres always the next time with luck

robert b
02-11-2008, 18:25
Hia
What a GREAT weekend
Thanks to our host Joan and Kevin courtesy of the camping and caravan club who went beyond the call of duty in preparing a fantastic shelter to keep us warm on Friday and Saturday evening.

Also thanks to the wilders for getting together

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture002-1.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture003.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture033.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture014-2.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture010-3.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture034.jpg

views around Hayfield.fantastic pictures
it looks a realy nice place

mandrake
02-11-2008, 18:26
really glad you all had a great time ,looks like you had some decent weather too from the pics.

lenny
02-11-2008, 18:38
Returned home at teatime after a great weekend, I somehow managed to flatten my engine battery but got it going with the help of Ricks power pack;) then a push offthe wet grass by all the lads:eek:

Heres a few pics from the weekend..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/02112008018.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/02112008017.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/02112008016.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/01112008014.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/01112008015.jpg

A good time was had by all, I wonder if we could fit another one in before the new year:rolleyes:

flashingblade
02-11-2008, 18:48
sorry lenny, i got off before seeing you off the grass. you could always have clipped jack's lead on to your front bumper and give him a 'mush'

hymercamper
02-11-2008, 20:36
Have to agree with all the comments about the meet ,fantastic site (dont know why i havent been before).Nice to put faces to names and a great bunch.Joan and Kevin so welcoming so can see me being as regular as Rick next year.Some great pics .Heres to the next meet.
Rob
Another view of Hymer Corner
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF2031-1.jpg

lenny
02-11-2008, 21:23
Have to agree with all the comments about the meet ,fantastic site (dont know why i havent been before).Nice to put faces to names and a great bunch.Joan and Kevin so welcoming so can see me being as regular as Rick next year.Some great pics .Heres to the next meet.
Rob
Another view of Hymer Corner
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF2031-1.jpg

Great Picture,Rob, I meant to get this one but got distracted, you,re so right, I love this site and Kevin and Joan are top drawer;).
Must admit Kevin gave me the choice of staying on your exclusive carpark or staying with the Ruffians:eek:, needless to say ,I chose he latter:cool:

PS Thanks for the push:eek::D:o

jimmnlizz
02-11-2008, 22:25
Which rough un's were they, Lenny-Ruskie-hat?? :confused: I hope that you are not casting aspersions on poor Polly, Flashingblade, Telstar or Jimmnlizz!!! :D :D We told Kev that it was OK to put you with us, 'cos we were the only ones who'd put up with you! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks for a great weekend, everybody!! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D JIM.

cipro
03-11-2008, 14:34
Well done you brave lot:D:D Great pics and you all seemed to have a good time:D

Polly
03-11-2008, 16:19
Hia
first day back at work:mad::mad:
ok I suppose will go back tomorrow only another ?? weeks to next school hols.
Did i not say thanks for putting up with me.And I have gone on the waggon:confused:

well I thought about it :p:p

tresrikay
03-11-2008, 18:01
Sorry, no pics to add as Dimbo Rick forgot to take a camera. I endorse all the comments that have appeared here what a great weekend, I only got back a few hours ago.
I was the last van (or anything) left on the site. I went for a great walk this morning as Kevin and Joan were busy putting the site to bed. Our party Gazebo has been put in a safe place waiting for another party.
Kevin and Joan expects us all and more, to be at the opening weekend 3/4/5 April 09, when a party of spectacular magnitude is planned, so get booking folks, I will open a thread to this effect soon. Kevin and Joan are going to join the site as she thinks we are a great bunch:confused:;):p So look out for a new name on the site.
It was so sad to see the site totally empty as I drove away, it has become a very important place for me and the hills and the village my second home, I realise I am very lucky having such a great place to stay just 40 minutes away from home. However this year has been the best yet as I have been able to intoduce some of you to share this little Oasis and to finish the season in such style, with such company will keep me smiling through the dark days til April. I will not be staying away though just Wildcamping on Kinder road.
Thanks again to you all.......;):)

jimmnlizz
29-11-2008, 14:10
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/01112008015.jpg

I was in our local aquarist shop, this morning, when a 70+yr old :rolleyes: came over to me (blue jacket, flashing blade in the red) and said, "Can I have a motorbike for Christmas?" :eek: :eek: Quick as a flash I replied "No! :cool: Your mother rang me last week and said that you weren't safe to have one!" :D :D I felt awful after, as he walked away looking really miffed! :D :D JIM!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS