PDA

View Full Version : Dog Training the Easy Way

Siimplyloco
06-01-2015, 20:36
Did anyone watch the BBC2 programme tonight on puppy ownership? Little Sammy was fascinated, so much so that I've recorded it and I will use it every day until he is fully trained!
John

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc359/inkaboat/DSC01275.jpg (http://s527.photobucket.com/user/inkaboat/media/DSC01275.jpg.html)

PinkFlowerPetal
06-01-2015, 23:05
Awwwhhhhh Bless, soooooooo cute and scrummy.

silverweed
07-01-2015, 12:43
I can see there are going to be fights over the remote control

PinkFlowerPetal
07-01-2015, 16:22
Thanks for highlighting this programme, I watched it on iplayer, I think everyone who is thinking of getting a puppy should watch this first. I look forward to the next installment!

Siimplyloco
07-01-2015, 18:47
Thanks for highlighting this programme, I watched it on iplayer, I think everyone who is thinking of getting a puppy should watch this first. I look forward to the next installment!

We're not! Mind you, ours are absolutely perfect: so far...

runnach
07-01-2015, 18:51

Viewed this tonight, was entertaining and educational.......

portiapug
07-01-2015, 19:12
I wonder if they hand picked useless owners on purpose.

None of them seem to have a clue. The Weimaraner cross was the wrong breed for the family and bought for the wrong reason.

Watching it now.

Siimplyloco
07-01-2015, 19:33

None of them seem to have a clue. The Weimaraner cross was the wrong breed for the family and bought for the wrong reason.

Watching it now.

I'm quite convinced that they do, and 'Byron' was not quite poetry in motion!
John

runnach
07-01-2015, 21:26
I use to take our JR pup to puppy training, which he failed miserably. To much going on, he was either trying to hump the ladies, or have fun with the guys. A few times I just gave up, a full day trying to train our youth, and hour at night trying to train a mutt! Overall and, despite him failing miserably, he's a good JR, has a lot of character and, him and grandson are like best mates, which is good :D

Obanboy666
07-01-2015, 22:23

Watching it now.

Happens all the time.
I recall some years ago when on a pheasant near Masham. A chap in his thirties new to shooting paid a fortune for a 12 month old part trained black lab.
To say he was clueless regarding gun dogs was an understatement. The dog ran riot and later in the season he offered me the dog as in his words "it was useless".
Within 4 months the dog ended up being one of the best gun dogs I have ever trained / owned.
2 years later I was picking up with the same dog on a shoot in Northumberland and the chap in question was an invited guest. He couldn't believe it was the same dog and realised the mistake he had made giving me the dog for nothing, he had originally paid 1800.00 for him !

mariesnowgoose
08-01-2015, 08:16
Don't get me started on dog owners, I'm like a stuck record !!! :ninja: :hammer: ;)

Sharon the Cat
08-01-2015, 09:36
Don't get me started on dog owners, I'm like a stuck record !!! :ninja: :hammer: ;)

yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are
yes, you are

Dogs are only as good as their owners. I'm great so are my dogs. :banana:

kimbowbill
14-01-2015, 05:58
grrrrrrrr dog owners grrrrrrrrrr, not going there but will share my experience of "puppy training" i decided to take George, Bullmastiff mix, i witnessed the so called dog trainer spray a lemon shot in a dogs eyes, i have seen this method used for a "short sharp shock", however it had water in it, this one had lemon in it, the poor dog couldn't see, she reckons it stops dogs being naughty in a nano second, really? but really tho? how can this be right, surely it will make the dog nervous, needless to say i never went back.

Love the program tho, that stupid woman that got a puppy for her kids, i wanted to throttle her, and folk wonder why the dog turns nasty, being poked and pulled around, and i bet they did more than shown, i've seen it, seen kids riding on dogs, painting their toenails, cutting their fur, snipping their ears,dressing them up pfft, grrrrrrr.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS