PDA

View Full Version : Very thin bumpers on Compass Envoy 115

Podge
27-08-2008, 13:49
Greetings - been camping, caravanning and now the kids have left home, motorhoming for some years. great way to spend the year - when I don't have to work!
I recently had an altercation with a Welsh stone wall; there was a loud bang and I discovered that the rear 'bumper' had split along the horizontal surface! I also noticed that the spare tyre is anchored with a vertical bolt through the floor under the oven area. Fearing further accidents and the damage a rear end shunt could do both to the body and the spare being shunted into the floor, I have had a proper bumper fitted with towbar. I can't believe how thin the so called bumper is - no more than 0.5cm of thermo plastic. Is this usual - I wonder what safety regs say? Any comments?

grath
27-08-2008, 17:05
You will find that most bumpers now a days are cosmetic only:(
Just look at the cars:D

danski
27-08-2008, 17:38
hi guys just new in so dont if this works?

Belgian
27-08-2008, 18:36
You will find that most bumpers now a days are cosmetic only:(
Just look at the cars:D

Did you ever see a result of a crash test at the rear of a Mh ? Never, they just don't do that. :eek:
Last year I saw one ran in by truck in the rear: not a pretty sight :eek:
shorted in by 3m !
(makes you think :confused:)

grath
27-08-2008, 18:42
Did you ever see a result of a crash test at the rear of a Mh ? Never, they just don't do that. :eek:
Last year I saw one ran in by truck in the rear: not a pretty sight :eek:
shorted in by 3m !
(makes you think :confused:)

I know!!!!
My last Hymer had a tow bar across the entire width (well nearly) and I miss it on my newer Hymer :eek::eek:

cipro
27-08-2008, 18:51
hi guys just new in so dont if this works?

it works:D:D

Podge
01-09-2008, 13:39
Thanks for the comments - bumper works a treat and can hang bikes ans assorted goodies on it!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS