PDA

View Full Version : Best BBC programme ever!

Geraldine
19-01-2015, 18:48
The super- rich and us

Watch on BBC iplayer or on YouTube.Screened on BBC 2.

Not sure how to put link up here, but sure someone in the know will be able to do it.

I suggest you watch episode 2 if you wish to get straight to the point!

Enjoy

Cheers David

Geraldine
19-01-2015, 19:19
I am still shocked by its content,but not surprised!

This sums up the mess financially that the countrie is in.Well done the B for waking us up!

Geraldine
19-01-2015, 19:23
Oxfam today. 1% of population own half of the worlds wealth!

Time to wake up folks and get real !

piman
19-01-2015, 20:14
Hello David,

Where does wealth come from?

Alec

Geraldine
19-01-2015, 20:42
Hello David,

Alec

Watch the programme,you will then be in the know!

Admin
19-01-2015, 22:47
I watched this show too. A real eye opener.

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 07:45
Nice to have confirmed what I have understood for some time, and definitely a big poke in the eye for the cynics who dismiss all this as 'conspiracy theory' :p :)

So, guys, when we gonna topple the Shard and nick all the wealth? ;) :D

roamingman
20-01-2015, 08:28
I would rather have health than wealth, I think oxfam would like all the rich to give them their money, rather than share with us,

groyne
20-01-2015, 09:56
But don't the top 10%, which will include most on here, own 90% of the worlds wealth?

I don't feel particularly wealthy myself, but according to Global Rich List (http://www.globalrichlist.com/) I'm the 141,770,406th richest person in the world.

sparrks
20-01-2015, 10:09
It put's me in the top 0.31% richest people in the world by income. Strangly, there are a lot of stinking rich people in the world, they, and as others surpass me in wealth I don't feel any poorer just happy that I have reasonable health.

n brown
20-01-2015, 10:16
most people are better off than us, hope they have as much fun as us !
quote from Tom Hanks ,on being asked what it's like to be stinking rich '' you'd think it would make it easy,but it's just like for anybody- one bloody thing after another ! ''

Moonraker 2
20-01-2015, 14:35
most people are better off than us, hope they have as much fun as us !
quote from Tom Hanks ,on being asked what it's like to be stinking rich '' you'd think it would make it easy,but it's just like for anybody- one bloody thing after another ! ''

Actually no, we are better off than most of the rest of world many of whom exist on 1 a day.
I did not watch the program as the trailer put me off. I do not want to watch the idle rich pontificating about their life style.

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 15:04
Actually no, we are better off than most of the rest of world many of whom exist on 1 a day.
I did not watch the program as the trailer put me off. I do not want to watch the idle rich pontificating about their life style.

It's a reasonably well-balanced program and you SHOULD watch it, then you wouldn't be making the comment above ;) :)

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 15:07
But don't the top 10%, which will include most on here, own 90% of the worlds wealth?

I don't feel particularly wealthy myself, but according to Global Rich List (http://www.globalrichlist.com/) I'm the 141,770,406th richest person in the world.

I'm pleased you think so :D
That definitely makes you and everyone else on here super rich from where I'm standing... :bow: :lol-049: :cool:

GWAYGWAY
20-01-2015, 15:48
Hello David,

Alec

You and me where else would they get it from.
The idea is to transfer as much money from everyone else's pocket to theirs with as little effort as possible . This is done with tame politicians and a system that allows then to not pay taxes. Tax is for the little people.

piman
20-01-2015, 16:04
Hello Gwaygway,

if that is were it comes from they won't get rich off us. That is not where wealth comes from, it has to be generated by commerce. Yes there are some commerce that is dubious (think of this, every one and his dog are up in arms about bankers bonuses, but no one I know has questioned how the banks earn so much to be able to afford the bonuses they pay?) but we either have a free market economy or we revert to some form of communism and all that entails.
Life is not fair and never has or ever will be, that is how it is.

Alec

johnmac185
20-01-2015, 17:55

jeez groyn, you must be rich,,,i am 455,275,777th richest, can anyone send me a link to this programme on tele, i'm unable to trace it....

GWAYGWAY
20-01-2015, 19:45
Hello Gwaygway,

if that is were it comes from they won't get rich off us. That is not where wealth comes from, it has to be generated by commerce. Yes there are some commerce that is dubious (think of this, every one and his dog are up in arms about bankers bonuses, but no one I know has questioned how the banks earn so much to be able to afford the bonuses they pay?) but we either have a free market economy or we revert to some form of communism and all that entails.

Alec
The mega rich do get their money from all of us in ways we may not realise. The rising house prices that people think they are gaining from is only a way of getting the lower echelons to pay money into a system that gains from borrowing and inflation. We do not have a free market anything, it is not free and never will be all the times that there are others manipulating finance and prices to suit their agenda. I have a few thousands sitting in bank savings getting a very low interest and the same banks are loaning money at 20% or so in some very dubious loan packets to those that cannot afford to pay much more without coming to the edge of their capabilities to pay. As for the commodities markets and futures markets where the costs of everything that we need to live is controlled for the benefit of the big money nothing could be more immoral than the gambling. The so called free market let loose by Mrs Thatcher led to the disemboweling of all the manufacturing industry in this country and the wholesale destruction of the working and living conditions of millions of the population for the gains of the Yuppy types of wide boys and gamblers that took over our economy.
I am not a commie type and never would be but I hurts to see the difference between the top and bottom levels of our country's population, the poverty and the way those that cannot work because nobody want them, there are the people who used to do the menial and simple jobs but for a wage that allow a self sufficient life without the need for tax credits, state support they used to work for a living wage and lived as they were on it.
I do not have anything against the self employed, the samll or medium business but when the multinationals have free rein on the executive wage and bonuses and they all have control of the filling of their own troughs then this is going to get worse. Another fall will come and once again it is the little people who get the austerity. They do get richer from us all a bit at a time.There are a lot more little ones than big ones and the gig ones get it all in the end. For every multi-millionaire there are a lot more at the bottom paying them. Quantative easing is a way of making your assets cost more and theirs worth more.
I could go on about this but it is not the place to do so on here. That was a very telling program and was really worth watching.

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 21:13
Hello Gwaygway,

Alec

Errr... I don't think you've actually watched the program, have you?! :p:lol-049:;)

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 21:16
For those who can't get iPlayer on the BBC, here's a YouTube link for episode 1 :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2BiuW93bos

mariesnowgoose
20-01-2015, 21:18
And here is episode 2 :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xa8b9bm45M

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS