PDA

View Full Version : New All The Aires France -woohoo

Mul
21-01-2015, 16:02

clf86ha
21-01-2015, 20:15
Was my first trip to france last year and I bought the aires book then, so does the new version(s) have anymore aires in them, to warrant buying the new books for this years trip?

snowbirds
22-01-2015, 05:16
Hi Mul,

I am still on my 2011 all the Aires France,I think it has paid for it's self by now.I sent in a couple of updates in 2012 but did not know about the the discounts is there a web site with info about it.

Snowbirds.

Just received my 2x "All the Aires". Now A4. much the same detail, but A4 don't fit in our cubby hole no more, ah well.
We also got the Map. Glad to see we're in the credits again too. Before y'all start I know it's not "all the aires" wrt actual numbers scattered across the fine country.

Top tip submit entry contributions can get you significant discount :D as well as keeping it upto date.
What do folks think about supplying updates to a company that then charges others for that info. As far as I'm concerned it helps them and helps us, win-win.

I know there's camping cars info and web stuff, but we're book and map folks (plus the now defunct AutoRoute and POIs) when it comes to day to day planning Once the planning is done I then use Satnav. Google Earth and POI's incl streetview are for advanced planning as we don't dongle.

Whilst I'm at it the lat long system isn't my standard format, which is ever so just slightly irritiating. Then there's the Co-ord copy right - ha. I know why they try to do it, but ....

Happy plannings ahead and looking back at where we've been too.

Anyone else fans, like us, or are you in the must be free, must be French, must be on-line group ?

Chrz Mul.

Wooie1958
22-01-2015, 06:35
We have the 4th edition bought last year we`re very happy with it, we will keep it for a couple of years or so.

I also got the All The Aires Belgium, Holland & Luxembourg for christmas this year so that should compliment it nice.

Looking forward to using them in April when we go back over.

We`ll decide on exiting Calais whether it`s left or right depending on the dreaded weather :wave: :have fun:

dave and mary
22-01-2015, 08:38
For the last few years we have only used the book camperstop with the downloads in to the sat nave, it is great just stop and push the button and there in front of you have all the sites and Aires with a page number look at book and there is all the info about the stop if free, water shops ect. no need for passenger to sit with maps and books on there laps best thing since sliced bread, never make plans just go.

:drive: :drive:

Sharon the Cat
22-01-2015, 08:45
First trip to France last year & used All the Aires France. Also used SatNav with 5 year old map data & with paper atlas as back-up.
Never got the hang of entering their coordinates into my Navigon, which is how I stuffed Percy's rear end into a muddy bank whilst turning round in a field entrance.
Enjoyed leafing through the book, especially helpful with the symbols for cycling & walking nearby.
Will be using it again on our trip through France to Germany.
If it's a bit out of date, well hey-ho we'll bimble on a bit & find somewhere else.

Tezza33
22-01-2015, 09:32
For the last few years we have only used the book camperstop with the downloads in to the sat nave, it is great just stop and push the button and there in front of you have all the sites and Aires with a page number look at book and there is all the info about the stop if free, water shops ect. no need for passenger to sit with maps and books on there laps best thing since sliced bread, never make plans just go.

:drive: :drive:I use camperstop with the POI downloads, we drive until we want to stop somewhere then click on 'navigate to' 'POI near you' and we have a list to choose from, it makes it easier although I also have All the Aires and the French book as well

Skar
22-01-2015, 14:29
I got mine yesterday too, first I've bought since 2010. I like the new size and although I have a multitude of other forms of information about Aires none of them are quite the same, I spent a couple of hours reading the North section last night!

welshfox
28-01-2015, 16:10
:hammer:
I got mine yesterday too, first I've bought since 2010. I like the new size and although I have a multitude of other forms of information about Aires none of them are quite the same, I spent a couple of hours reading the North section last night!

We are two women in our sixties about to embark on our first trip to France in an Autotrail Dakota with our two dogs. My question is are the Airies safe places to stay. I would also be grateful for ANY tips on a first time to France!!!

carol
28-01-2015, 18:10
Hi Welshfox I've travelled to France by myself 3 times now and used the Aires. I've never had any problems on the ones I've stayed on although last year I was the only camper there and someone "flashed" at me so I finished my sandwich and moved off....I wouldn't care but there were loads of council workmen there dismantling a stage from the weekend fete! Usually they're absolutely fine in my experience. The really nice ones get filled up so get there early. Enjoy. I love travelling in France! Bon voyage! :dance:

Talbot
28-01-2015, 18:25
:hammer:

We are two women in our sixties about to embark on our first trip to France in an Autotrail Dakota with our two dogs. My question is are the Airies safe places to stay. I would also be grateful for ANY tips on a first time to France!!!

Sky started a good thread called 'A Few Tips For Your First French Trip' http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/motorhome-knowledge-base/27693-few-tips-your-first-french-trip.html

It makes good reading and covers most things you will need to know! Enjoy

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS