PDA

View Full Version : norfolk now

Old_Arthur
01-09-2008, 07:59
:eek:parked up on sea front in yarmouth sending this while our lass is cooking a full breakie,been in norfolk since friday spent the day on beach at snettisham over nighted in layby just outside hunstanton on the a149 ,sat morning was spent in sheringham then the beach at west runton overnighted there in a layby another 2 vans there,sunday found us at a big carboot (reading book supplys)then a beach at walcott travelled down to yarmouth to overnight on the southside near ind est up early to get good spot on front 4 all day,well off to walk fry up off now:eek::D:rolleyes::D

Jacques le foot
01-09-2008, 18:25
Hi Old Arthur, can you tell me how big your motorhome is? You seem to be able to 'stop-over' wherever takes your fancy... we are 7.25m long , and gross 3.58ton...not huge I know by some standards, but big enough to feel a bit conspicuous unless we hidden away. (Or am I just 'over conscious' ! )

grath
01-09-2008, 18:37
HI Guys, welcome to both of you:cool:

wilse
01-09-2008, 20:47
Hi fellas

If you are wanting to stay near walcott (Norfolk) you can stay here for 5 inc Hook-up.

http://www.lighthouseinn.co.uk/

It only takes around 5 vans, but it's nice and quiet!

We've stayed 3/4 times and have a 6.5m MH.

hth

wilse

janeandbob
02-09-2008, 07:34
Hi wilse thanks for the link do you have to be a member of any clubs ie: as a cl or cs or can anyone stay there, our daughter is moving to Norwich so would be handy for a Weekend Break. Thanks Bob.:D

wilse
02-09-2008, 07:51
I think it is a C&CC site, that said I don't think the guy who runs it really cares. We've never been asked if we are members or not.

Thanks for the welcome Grath.
:)

Old_Arthur
02-09-2008, 16:24
Hi Old Arthur, can you tell me how big your motorhome is? You seem to be able to 'stop-over' wherever takes your fancy... we are 7.25m long , and gross 3.58ton...not huge I know by some standards, but big enough to feel a bit conspicuous unless we hidden away. (Or am I just 'over conscious' ! )
aup jack its 20ft old money,motorhome built on a transit 190 chassie 3.5 ton,we just look for someware we don't think we will have a problem and move out early next morning taking nothing and leaving nothing job done till next time.paying 5 plus to park on someones grass for 12hrs is still a lot over the year ,is it safe course it is with a 6d cell mag light and a squirty bottle of ammonia:eek:;):D

Jacques le foot
02-09-2008, 17:21
thanks for your reply. What is a 6d cell mag light??

Jacques le foot
02-09-2008, 17:25
another thought Arthur...how are you accessing the internet.no matter where I am, I never seem to be able to find wi-fi access, and I think access via my mobile phone is prohibitively expensive.

janeandbob
03-09-2008, 07:30
Hi wilse thanks for that we will have to check it out, we are of to France in the morning till the 7th Oct so will have a look when we get back. Thanks Bob.:cool:

Old_Arthur
03-09-2008, 13:14
thanks for your reply. What is a 6d cell mag light??
it's the torch the police and security lads use it has 6 d cell batterys making it heavy an about 18" long perfect friend and good reason to have in your hand :rolleyes: ,i use a 3g dongale only 7.50 a month because i also have a phone on contract

Jacqueslemac
04-01-2009, 19:44
Hi wilse thanks for the link do you have to be a member of any clubs ie: as a cl or cs or can anyone stay there, our daughter is moving to Norwich so would be handy for a Weekend Break. Thanks Bob.:D

Have you tried the campsite on the outskirts of Norwich (can't find the website at the moment)? Some friends of mine stayed there and it's not too far to walk into the centre of the city.

If you do, make sure you don't take the road from the city to get to the campsite - it goes under a rather low, narrow railway bridge.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS