PDA

View Full Version : Retirement at last

MORGANTHEMOON
22-02-2015, 14:13
Well it's finally happened I'm officially retiring next Friday due to illness.
I would have liked to have retired under different circumstances but you have to make the most with what life throws at you.
Although I've been looking forward to retirement so I could make the use of the camper this will be restricted unless I have a kidney transplant.
I will miss the camaraderie in work and the stimulation of my mind but I wont miss the politics and senior ars hole managers who really aint got a clue.
I'm hoping to carry on with the meets and should be announcing The big cheese meet next week sometime.

A toast to retirement.

n brown
22-02-2015, 14:16
as you say H,not necessarily the way you would have chosen, but you're free ! so congrats are still in order -cheers !

Teutone
22-02-2015, 14:17
enjoy your retirement and don't worry about the lack of stimulation.
YOU can now decide who you want to spend time with! That's worth a lot. All the best for your health.

Tezza33
22-02-2015, 14:23
I had to retire early due to ill health, it improved my health so much I could probably go back to work now :dog:
You will find plenty to stimulate you and in a few Months you will wonder how you found time to work, all the best with it and enjoy yourself27913

RoadTrek Boy
22-02-2015, 14:34
Enjoy your retirement, and good luck, hope you get a replacement kidney soon.

rockape
22-02-2015, 14:35
Good luck with you retirement, as others have said, you need stimulation.:goodluck:

runnach
22-02-2015, 14:36
Awe the best mate, wee dram raised on your behalf this evening :cheers:

PinkFlowerPetal
22-02-2015, 14:37
Hi Haydn, Hope you have a very Happy and Loooooong retirement.

Hope the hospital get you all sorted out soon.

Take care,

Jackie x

maingate
22-02-2015, 15:15
Who needs work anyway Haydn?

Enjoy your retirement ...... I do. :lol-061:

Frances
22-02-2015, 15:20
Congratulations on your retirement Hadyn. I hope that alone makes you feel much better. :goodluck:

delicagirl
22-02-2015, 15:30
I had to retire early due to ill health, it improved my health so much I could probably go back to work now :dog:
You will find plenty to stimulate you and in a few Months you will wonder how you found time to work, all the best with it and enjoy yourself27913

in a few Months you will wonder how you found time to work that is soooo true...... enjoy..... listen to your body and afternoon naps are allowed now whatever time of the day

oldish hippy
22-02-2015, 15:32
enjoy it make the most of it

GinaRon
22-02-2015, 15:44
Good, why you retire is not the issue - the fact you are retired is good - really happy for you and look forward to seeing you at Hereford. :camper:
:cheers: :cheers:

Neckender
22-02-2015, 15:49
Hi Haydn congratulations on your retirement you will find that it's the best thing that you've done in your lifetime, Now life really begins believe me.
All the best for your long and healthy retirement.

John.

carol
22-02-2015, 15:56
So pleased to hear that Haydn! Ok, circumstances are not as you'd have liked but hey, you're free from all the crap that comes with the job.....and free to fill your your time with people and activities of your choosing. Hope the health situation is resolved soon and look forward to seeing you soon. Can you still enjoy a pint or two? Hope so! :) xx

campervanannie
22-02-2015, 16:02
Aw Haydn I know how you feel that's how I got into this retirement thing through ill health but with the added bonus of a redundancy package I worried for 18 months about missing the banter and that feeling you get when you enjoy your job and I loved mine then I met you guys and my health has improved and I am having the time of my life. I hope your well enough to keep doing the things you enjoy while you wait for a transplant chick.

Polar Bear
22-02-2015, 16:18
Hi Haydn congratulations on your retirement.
At least you will be able to go in for your transplant without any worry of work commitments.
I have a meeting next Wednesday with a potential business buyer that may put me on the retiree list too. Yaa
I have suffered with that old Chinese curse [I wish you many staff] for some time now and I'm ready to start the next chapter in my life.

Good luck!

antiquesam
22-02-2015, 16:24
I decided that I could afford to give up the daily grind when I was 61 provided I don't live to a ripe old age and it was the best thing I could have done. I have no idea how I fitted work in to my life. I even find myself turning down casual work because it doesn't fit in with my plans. You will find lots to do I'm sure.

zimba90
22-02-2015, 16:31
I hope your health improves for you to enjoy your retirement.

We must have worked at the same place - I recognise your description of the managers.

Happy travels.

Lee
22-02-2015, 16:52
Haydn it's all been said you just get better and then enjoy a wonderful retirement.

Sharon the Cat
22-02-2015, 16:54
Congratulations Haydn.
Being based where you are you will get plenty of use from your van and still be within range if you get the all important call.
here's hoping you get the call soon so you can really enjoy your retirement!

martyncc
22-02-2015, 16:57
a big congratulations from us Haydn .. started mine 6 months ago .. and got a six week trip to Scotland planed 6th April ... hope your health improves ... Helen & Martyn :goodluck:

RoaminRog
22-02-2015, 17:08
A long and happy retirement Haydn, and let's hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel re the old medical problem. Hope you're going to be ok for Hereford, we are really looking forward to meeting you face to face. I know what you mean about the 'manner' of your retirement, but all I will say is I am sure that you will find that where one door closes, another one opens! Just relax and allow fate to follow its own destiny.

Best wishes Rog and Chris.

Beemer
22-02-2015, 17:14
Congratulations on your retirement Hadyn.... I hope your health issues don't spoil it too much. Dave

ozzy1955
22-02-2015, 17:23
Sorry to hear that's the reason for your retirement, but like you say you never know what life will throw at you, I can vouch for that, just enjoy as much as you can with your real friends. good luck.:cheers:

yorkslass
22-02-2015, 17:37
I've nothing to add only best wishes. Hope you are able to enjoy every day:cheers::cheers: xx sue

jimbohorlicks
22-02-2015, 18:08
Hi Haydn
best wishes on your retirement. you will find there is lots to do and you will wonder how you fitted work into it all-enjoy

All the best Jim , Lyn and tinksy:dog:

dippingatoe
22-02-2015, 18:19
Hi - Congratulations on the retirement and I hope everything works out even better that you could have dreamt. :camper:

Caz
22-02-2015, 19:48
Congrats Haydn, maybe it isn't as you would have chosen but I think you'll find you feel stronger without the stress of those 'senior ars hole managers who really aint got a clue' breathing down your neck.

Best wishes for a speedy solution on your health issues.

yorkieowl
22-02-2015, 20:18
All the best on your retirement Haydn, you don't have to go far to enjoy the van, and you now have the freedom to enjoy it all the more, and I hope your medical problems are sorted soon. Sue.

2cv
22-02-2015, 21:15
Congratulations and enjoy it! I retired 2 years ago and now wonder how I ever found time to work. It's very busy being retired, but you're doing things you want to do when you want to do them, have fun.

Minisorella
22-02-2015, 21:29
Congratulations MTM... and about time too! :)
Now the only thing you have to 'work' on is getting back to good health, so you and your gorgeous wife can enjoy a happy retirement for years and years to come.
Good luck and love to you both xx

phillybarbour
23-02-2015, 05:51
Hope you have a great week in work this week and enjoy every minute, then onwards and upwards to a leisurely future and fingers crossed better health.

Mikechappers
23-02-2015, 06:02
I do not know you, but as someone in a similar situation....bad health and early retirement I wish you all the very best, like others have said you will will not have enough hours in the day.

Mind you saying that I always seem to find the time for an hours afternoon nap :D

Dezi
23-02-2015, 06:53
Have a long and happy retirement.

Dezi:cheers:

snowbirds
23-02-2015, 08:50
Hi Hayden,

It's about time you joined us welcome to the Grey pound club,have a great retirement don't let the wife find you to many jobs to do and get out on the road.
We are hoping the hospital will sort you out soon and look forward to seeing you at your Famous Meets.

Regards John & Pat.:dance:

delicagirl
24-02-2015, 07:45
If you initially focus on your health, making that the most important thing in your life and if you chose to make healthy life style changes ..... the rest of life's joys will follow beautifully.... good luck.....

izwozral
24-02-2015, 08:05
Good luck in your retirement.

Rules for retirement.

1. Drink alcohol.
2. Chase women.
3. Take a nap.
4. Eat butter [in fact, anything the doc tells you not to eat]
5. Perfect the comb over.
6. Wear Spandex when shopping.
7. Never clean your glasses.
8. Never brush off your dandruff.
9. Spend money like there is no tomorrow.
10. Act insane

n brown
24-02-2015, 08:34
another bonus is not having to dress conservatively for work, and if you need any fashion pointers-look no further https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahbauN6RGHA

martyndh
24-02-2015, 09:39
Good Luck Haydn - Sure you will find plenty do do. Main think is TAKE IT EASY!
regards
Martyn and Ann

MORGANTHEMOON
24-02-2015, 10:21
[QUOTE=n brown;506152]another bonus is not having to dress conservatively for work, and if you need any fashion pointers-look no further]

Inow have about 70 working shirts and 200 ties I will seldom wear. Plenty of rags for her indoors to wash the car with lol

RoadTrek Boy
24-02-2015, 12:59
Good luck in your retirement.

Rules for retirement.

1. Drink alcohol.
2. Chase women.
3. Take a nap.
4. Eat butter [in fact, anything the doc tells you not to eat]
5. Perfect the comb over.
6. Wear Spandex when shopping.
7. Never clean your glasses.
8. Never brush off your dandruff.
9. Spend money like there is no tomorrow.
10. Act insane

With us lot, no acting required. :banana::wacko::idea-007::hammer::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Braveheart
24-02-2015, 16:36
Well it's finally happened I'm officially retiring next Friday due to illness.
I would have liked to have retired under different circumstances but you have to make the most with what life throws at you.
Although I've been looking forward to retirement so I could make the use of the camper this will be restricted unless I have a kidney transplant.
I will miss the camaraderie in work and the stimulation of my mind but I wont miss the politics and senior ars hole managers who really aint got a clue.
I'm hoping to carry on with the meets and should be announcing The big cheese meet next week sometime.

A toast to retirement.

I hope you get that kidney transplant so that you can enjoy more time in the camper! A toast to your retirement indeed.:cool1:

tiderus
24-02-2015, 16:44
Hi Haydn at last, took some doing, even a little shove. But you got there at last.
With all these congrats, its a bit like winning the lottery.
It goes without saying that our best wishes are always with you.
but the burning question is??????

How are we all going to fit in all these meets you will be organizing, with all this spare time?
So take care and look forward to seeing you both hopefully at Hereford.
This is when your wild camping comes into its own.

Rgd's Graham n' Mary.

stonedaddy
24-02-2015, 21:24
We are well pleased you got your retirement at long last. Like has been said you could have been in better health but has also been said you could now relax that much you will improve no end and will be fit enough to get two jobs if you wanted too. Enjoy a good long retirement Haydn :cheers:
.... Jose, Tom, Rocko ....

molly 2
24-02-2015, 22:13
Haydon congratulations on you retirement ,I hope you can take full advantage of your new life style and enjoy the finer things of life, good scotch ,time to do what you want ,when you want to do it. No more I can't do that I have to work tomorrow .Looking forward to more of your great meets. Bazz n Chris

delicagirl
25-02-2015, 07:31
[QUOTE=n brown;506152]another bonus is not having to dress conservatively for work, and if you need any fashion pointers-look no further]

Inow have about 70 working shirts and 200 ties I will seldom wear. Plenty of rags for her indoors to wash the car with lol

time to do a boot fair maybe ?

Tompa
25-02-2015, 11:17
Congratulations
I,ve been retired for a few years now and so has the missus, she retired at 50. We both worked for the NHS, all politics and bulls--t from above when we left the wards/surgery. Retirement is the best job I,ve never had so they say. I never have time to fit everything in, too many hobbies. Coincidentally, I,ve had nephritis since I was a teenager but luckily no transplant needed. I can appreciate your situation. Best wishes with your health and your retirement.
Tompa.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS