PDA

View Full Version : are we all selfish out here

FAMILYCAMPER
27-11-2005, 19:33
hi there everybody,
i have been browsing through this newly found website and think it is a diamond in the rough.
there are so many questions a new motorhome owner (like me) has and even more information of experienced campers not just motor campers but caravaners and those that still prefer it under canvas have to say or info they can give. . so come on lets start giving each other the info that the originator of this website has dreamt of it being like.

how wild is wild camping?
do the majority of you really do it wild. solar or generator? which is best?
what is the best way for me and my family to enjoy xmas in our motorhome. where can we go
we have decided to go to dumfries and galloway. any sugestions.

a place i have never been to in the past... kids are 3 and 2 months
am i stupid or do i want my family to learn life is more than just receiving pressies a couple of times a year.
get out there and listen to the wildlife learn about the rivers. the woodland the animals etc.
come on sombody has gone to a lot of effort into producing this website and all i have seen so far is people viewing messages but nobody with anything to give
give something and receive satisfaction that it may be helping somebody somewhere.
a virgin writer.

rupert
18-02-2007, 15:27
hi there everybody,
i have been browsing through this newly found website and think it is a diamond in the rough.
there are so many questions a new motorhome owner (like me) has and even more information of experienced campers not just motor campers but caravaners and those that still prefer it under canvas have to say or info they can give. . so come on lets start giving each other the info that the originator of this website has dreamt of it being like.

what is the best way for me and my family to enjoy xmas in our motorhome. where can we go

am i stupid or do i want my family to learn life is more than just receiving pressies a couple of times a year.
get out there and listen to the wildlife learn about the rivers. the woodland the animals etc.
come on sombody has gone to a lot of effort into producing this website and all i have seen so far is people viewing messages but nobody with anything to give
give something and receive satisfaction that it may be helping somebody somewhere.
a virgin writer.
Thought that this was worth reminding folks;)

hillwalker
18-02-2007, 16:02
ur right mate, get out there and enjoy the country.there are load's of place's in the dumfries and galloway area that's worth a visit.maybe it's a bit cold for the kid's, it all depend's on ur heating system in ur van. get out there and enjoy..

roifromnwales
18-02-2007, 16:54
you will find lot of places listed for that area

go to this page and look for scotland then for the area you want

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/index.php

you will see us there most summers in the Green Beastie as she's known up there
or Blodwen as we call her..

roifromnwales
18-02-2007, 17:03
hi there everybody,

there are several hundred locations listed here and yes they could do with updating and adding too

we tend to wild it in the highlands but also tour the lower reaches of the UK where it's not so much wild camping as overnighting, sightseeing then moving on

what about iceland or norway

many

a virgin writer.

from the posts there has been much discussion on many subjects. anything from types of van to having a drink in a layby.
mny people do come in and take the sites, leaving nothing
then when we use a location in a year or so it has been over run and closed.
not much we can do about that. it is the society we have created by not fighting back when restictive laws are passed.
rite to your MP and use the argument that all french villages now have small aires specifically for motorhomes. it brings trade to their villages and towns. some even GIVE AWAY electric to these campers. the trade is that important.

bet you he wont even bother with a reasoned reply.........

rejectfromtheSBMCC
18-02-2007, 20:01
Mine certainly wont I live in Sedgefield, seat of arch traitor and war criminal Blair. Hey Roy were you over on the SBMCC site a while back??

rite to your MP and use the argument that all french villages now have small aires specifically for motorhomes. it brings trade to their villages and towns. some even GIVE AWAY electric to these campers. the trade is that important.

bet you he wont even bother with a reasoned reply.........[/QUOTE]

rupert
19-02-2007, 18:46
This is getting too heavy for me!
All I want to do Is use my M/H for relaxation & enjoyment.
I respect others & expect the same in return.
I leave any site that I overnight at as I found it.
Maybe as a little bear I may eat other smaller animals Yum yum yum!!!!;)

beejay
19-02-2007, 19:04
Familycamper, Quote,[hi there everybody,
there are so many questions a new motorhome owner (like me) has and even more information of experienced campers not just motor campers but caravaners and those that still prefer it under canvas have to say or info they can give. . SO COME ON LETS START GIVING each other the info that the originator of this website has dreamt of it being like.]

Are you serious? As a "New" motorhome owner, you've only got to ask, or delve. This site IS run as the originator intended, & if members have the info others want, they freely give it. I don't think we need to be told that we need to give & take. The CAPITALS are my doing to emphasise your phrase.

rupert
19-02-2007, 19:59
Yes beejay, but he probably didn't mean it the way it came out!:eek:
Think he was just reiterating that we should all help each other!:cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS