PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough night race

lenny
21-09-2008, 17:30
I know it,s short notice but how about a little meet at Scarborough on the weekend of the 3/4/5th October, cos this is the venue for a mountain bike race through the streets , which is known to attract the best riders from around the world and spectators of around 6000:eek:.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/events/fat-face-night-race-08-scarborough/sp_1231897.html

I,m planning on taking my lad Connor(as a spectator,of course) and 2 of his mates,who could take part.

It,s just a thought:rolleyes:, coz I know we have a few members from around this area;):cool:

robert b
21-09-2008, 18:03
where is the meet taking place in scarborough. there is a c'@cc at scalby. thats quite near marine drive. or theres the sea life centre. or marine drive its self . or swimming baths car park nr peasome park seen lots of motor homes parked there. just a few possibilities for you

grath
21-09-2008, 18:43
Sorry Lenny, we would love to come, however too afr and too busy roads on a friday night for us.:(
I hope you have a good time:cool:

lenny
21-09-2008, 18:57
where is the meet taking place in scarborough. there is a c'@cc at scalby. thats quite near marine drive. or theres the sea life centre. or marine drive its self . or swimming baths car park nr peasome park seen lots of motor homes parked there. just a few possibilities for you

Undecided on a location just yet, I wonder if the above carparks would be feasible that weekend as there will be thousands of visitors that weekend,I,ll check out the Scalby campsite and get back to you;)

I.ll also check out tyhe nearby moors :cool: Got my eye on a possible spot in Scarwell woods near East Ayton, anyone local got any info on this place?

lenny
21-09-2008, 22:24
Undecided on a location just yet, I wonder if the above carparks would be feasible that weekend as there will be thousands of visitors that weekend,I,ll check out the Scalby campsite and get back to you;)

I.ll also check out tyhe nearby moors :cool: Got my eye on a possible spot in Scarwell woods near East Ayton, anyone local got any info on this place?

Or how about a nice Pub Stopover nearby?;) any suggestions?:cool:

messenger 2.5td
22-09-2008, 00:33
A couple of suggestions here for you Lenny,Jacobs mount caravan and camping park,stepney road,scarborough.yo12 5nl.phone number 01723 361178 situated 2 miles west of scarborough or Spital farm,spital road,staxton,scarborough.yo12 4nw.phone number 01944 711377 hope these are of some use,Andy.:)

Boppintone
22-09-2008, 10:05
There looked to be plenty of spots around "Scarboro' Mere" the last time I was there,( August) and didnt see any signs saying the dreaded no overnighting either, only a few dogwalkers and Anglers otherwise very quiet and peacefull.

Tony

robert b
22-09-2008, 13:11
there is a lot of building work going on in that area now on the main road big traffic jams when its busy. theres a c@ cc club site on cockrah road in east ayton

lenny
22-09-2008, 17:07
Thanks for the suggestions, I made a few calls and the small sites are filling up quick,however this site looks favourite and closest to the town centre;)

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7255&clearSearch=N

Was thinking about wilding on the Friday night near East Ayton then staying at the above site on Saturday, anyone else up for it?:cool:

lenny
22-09-2008, 18:16
Thanks for the suggestions, I made a few calls and the small sites are filling up quick,however this site looks favourite and closest to the town centre;)

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7255&clearSearch=N

Was thinking about wilding on the Friday night near East Ayton then staying at the above site on Saturday, anyone else up for it?:cool:

Just took the plunge and booked up at the above site for both:eek: nights;) sod the expense:p:cool: .Just myself and 3 young lads and Jack,of course;).

Youre welcome to come and join us:rolleyes:

robert b
22-09-2008, 19:44
its a nice site . ive been on it once with caravan its grass standings so it will be soft with all the rain we have had. its only a short walk to marine drive from therehope you have a good week end . my wife is working so we cant get over would love to have met up .

lenny
22-09-2008, 19:56
its a nice site . ive been on it once with caravan its grass standings so it will be soft with all the rain we have had. its only a short walk to marine drive from therehope you have a good week end . my wife is working so we cant get over would love to have met up .
Thanks,R A, chose this site cos It looks a nice coastal stroll into town with a pub on the way:rolleyes:;), sorry you can,t be there but not to worry, theres always next time;):cool:

robert b
23-09-2008, 12:36
hi lenny. if you want some good fish and chips go to oasis cafe a long marine drive its a bikers cafe i go there to get mine every time i go to scarb. my( name is allan).

messenger 2.5td
23-09-2008, 18:29
The oasis cafe is that the one in the daily papers on monday charging ten per cent extra for traffic wardens brilliant:p,seems the owner had been fined several times for parking on yellow lines outside his shop while unloading.On the upside he was offering ten per cent discount for firefighters and policemen thats enterprising:)Andy

mandrake
23-09-2008, 22:17
if he is charging extra to trafficwardens then next time we are in scarborough i will give him my custom good on the man

robert b
24-09-2008, 05:39
not sure if its the oasis cafe i use there is no yellow lines near the cafe its on marine drive . only parking meters

lenny
02-10-2008, 19:45
Well I,m all packed up and ready to go;),this time tomorrow night we should be settling in on a c+cc site in Scarborough, I,ve got a box of red:eek: and a slab of french dumpy bottles o beer, lots of tea bags and coffee as well as a fridge and pantry full of grub c/o ALDI.:cool:

So if you,re in the area, you,re more than welcome to pop in for a drink and a chat.;):)

robert b
03-10-2008, 04:46
hi lenny.hope the weekend goes well for you all. and hope its as nice as last weekend was .i would have called in to meet you and have a coffee. but other half got to work this week end maybe another time when your in scarborough or leeds area

messenger 2.5td
03-10-2008, 15:42
:DHave a great weekend Lenny hope it proves to be a success,always next year:mad:;)Andy.

robert b
05-10-2008, 17:46
hope your weekend went well and weather was kind to you all .what did you think of the site

lenny
05-10-2008, 17:59
Just back from our Scarborough jaunt and had a great weekend thankyou,R.A and Andy. Stayed at the C and CC site In Scarborough and although it was a well run site, It was just a little too quiet for my liking (people were meandering around like Monks:eek:), never mind ,we spent most of the weekend on the seafront ,even contemplated staying there overnight at one point ,even though we,d booked onto the site. Ther was any amount of potential wildspots however I think it would be wise to pay the fiver or so for a 24 hour parking ticket ,just in case;)

Visited this great little spot on the way home...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/05102008272.jpg

Anyone recognise the bay???

robert b
05-10-2008, 18:19
it could be around robinhoods bay

lenny
05-10-2008, 18:23
it could be around robinhoods bay

Spot on Allan;), I can,t believe I,ve not visited here before:confused:, I will recommend to anyone passing this way to take a look:)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/05102008270.jpg

I will be back:D:cool:

robert b
05-10-2008, 18:41
thought it was ive fished there a few times gets realy rough when windy but beitiful in the summer . did you go right down to the slip way by the pub . had a good laugh there one night when we was fishing . a man and his misses came out of the pub werse for wear and went head over heels right in front of us she was showing everything,

lenny
05-10-2008, 18:47
Certainly did,Allan:), Had a pint on the balcony overlooking the bay:cool: (well It would have been rude not to:eek::D)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/05102008267.jpg

I assume you mean this one:rolleyes::p

messenger 2.5td
05-10-2008, 19:11
Sounds like you had a decent weekend how was the weather on the east coast?rained nonstop from midnight friday till 10pm saturday over in our neck of the woods.Nice photos of Robin Hoods bay only stopped off there once on way to the Olivers Mount at Scarborough will have to visit again sometime:cool:Was there a good turn out for the racing?Andy.

lenny
05-10-2008, 19:30
Sounds like you had a decent weekend how was the weather on the east coast?rained nonstop from midnight friday till 10pm saturday over in our neck of the woods.Nice photos of Robin Hoods bay only stopped off there once on way to the Olivers Mount at Scarborough will have to visit again sometime:cool:Was there a good turn out for the racing?Andy.

Non stop rain,Saturday, Scarborough was buzzing with mountainbikers form all over the place,the lads really enjoyed it.
Sunday was like a summers day, thats when I discovered Robin hood bay and fell in love with the place, also recced a couple of future sleepyspots on the way into the village on the moors;):)

robert b
05-10-2008, 19:33
correct .it was closing when we got thereit is a beutiful spot that stream gets a bit strong when its rained it pours out of there but good fishing somtimes .

robert b
05-10-2008, 19:37
your right its realy beutiful out there and so quiet not wild camped yet but hope to soon vans in for repairs at discover found a few probs so discovers sorting them out.hope to get it back on friday with luck.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS