PDA

View Full Version : megget reservoir

neillandyboy
25-03-2015, 18:35
Hello everyone.

Anyone ever used the layby/parking areas by the megget reservoir near Tweedsmuir any problems?

I will be using a land rover stelth camper but might need the toilet tent .

Thanks Neil.

TJBi
27-03-2015, 15:37
Hello everyone.

Anyone ever used the layby/parking areas by the megget reservoir near Tweedsmuir any problems?

I will be using a land rover stelth camper but might need the toilet tent .

Thanks Neil.

I believe that this is a Scottish Water reservoir. The only references on their website to visiting reservoirs appears to be at Safety Around Reservoirs - Scottish Water (http://www.scottishwater.co.uk/you-and-your-home/your-health/safety-around-reservoirs) where they have a link to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code which may be of interest.

Tom

caledonia
27-03-2015, 17:14
No problems with any of the car parks. The road from Meggat to Talla is interesting but easy in a landy.

neillandyboy
27-03-2015, 21:20
Ok thanks for your help.

neillandyboy
07-04-2015, 21:27
Hello having stayed at megget reservoir for 3 nights I can highly recommended it very quiet no problems and the weather was brilliant. Thanks for everyones help will be visiting again soon.

Jimhunterj4
08-04-2015, 03:42
Been meaning to try this myself, wasn't there an issue with burned out caravans and gypsies at one time ?

caledonia
08-04-2015, 07:21
There was a caravan burnt out in one of the car parks but that was a couple of years ago. All cleared up now. Cracking spot, 4 car parks to choose from and very peacefull. The Manor Valley is a lovely spot also, just 15 mins from Peebles.

neillandyboy
08-04-2015, 18:58
No problems at all this weekend very quiet I was on my own for first 2 nights then joined by 3 more camper vans for Sunday afternoon/night.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS