PDA

View Full Version : Meissen - East Germany

clarkpeacock
04-12-2005, 14:43
How about this for a great wild camping spot! Just follow the river from Dresden in the direction of Meissen and look for the castle - you can't miss it!

It's about 10 minutes walk from the famous Meissen pottery and of course only 20 minutes drive from from Dresden, a quite incredible city. Also, quite by chance, we found Colditz castle close by. well worth a visit. PM me if you more details.

http://www.clarkpeacock.plus.com/meissen.jpg

David & Ann
02-10-2006, 11:35
Hi Clarkpeacok
Meissen is really great. Did you park done by the river Elbe, wide open space where the bridge is. Try East Germany if you are ever down that way. Places like Schwerin, Dresden with the "Zwinger" Potsdamm with "Sans Souchi" Real beautiful place is Gorlitz right on the border of Poland. I've lived in Germany for 34 years but never seen such beauty like East Germany, especially the architecture. Have fun where ever you go.

clarkpeacock
16-10-2006, 08:46
Hi David and Anne

You got the parking place spot on. Agree with you about East Germany - beautiful.

But - that was last year. Just got back today from 2 months in Greece. Will post some pics and info later.

David & Ann
17-10-2006, 13:11
Hi Clarkpeacock,
You got taste buddy. How did your trip go In Greece.
We are heading for Greece in 2007, driving from Calais, cross country into Italy and getting the ferry from Brindisi. Any advice and tips would be appreciated. David

clarkpeacock
17-10-2006, 18:37
Go for it - you'll love Greece. PM me if you would like any more information. We've taken the van there 3 times now and have stayed in many places. Best times are April - June and Sept- November. July and August are pretty busy.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS