PDA

View Full Version : New POI's in Argyll & Bute, Scotland

JimandHazel
14-04-2015, 17:01
Beautiful coastal spot looking over to the island of Jura - Carsaig Bay - -5.380763 56.014405

Coastal car park in Easdale -5.390511 56.174380

POI Admin
14-04-2015, 22:34
Please can you check the latitude and longitude for these two spots.

Unfortunately neither are correct ...

runnach
14-04-2015, 22:39
Please can you check the latitude and longitude for these two spots.

Unfortunately neither are correct ...

Did you end up in the Pacific Ocean, too? :lol-053:

POI Admin
14-04-2015, 22:58
No ... I realised they were the wrong way round :D

But even so, they don't point to the right places.

2cv
15-04-2015, 07:12
I think that I recommended Carsaig Bay a couple of years ago, it is in the POIs.

christine
15-04-2015, 09:26
We would not attempt to get down to Carsaig Bay, very tight and steep with little turning at the end if i have done my homework correctly.

2cv
15-04-2015, 15:06
We would not attempt to get down to Carsaig Bay, very tight and steep with little turning at the end if i have done my homework correctly.

Carsaig POI must be a different place, buses go down there and its easy to get to.

JimandHazel
16-04-2015, 15:42
I didn't realise there was two Carsaig Bays. The one I visited was on the mainland over the hill from Tayallich. The other spot was actually again on the mainland in Ellanbeich, which is opposite the wee island of Easdale. i thought the area was called Easdale. Sorry for the confusion - more attention to detail needed. Both are reached along single track roads. Both have plenty of passing places and with care should be no problem.

The co-ordinates I read straight from google earth.

POI Admin
16-04-2015, 16:04
The first spot at Carsaig Bay is in the POIs already - I have stayed here and it's delightful. The Streetview image is here: http://tinyurl.com/csdwx8a

I presume this is the spot you mean. The latitude/longitude are 56.028914,-5.635386 and nothing like those you originally posted. I would advise using Google Maps to establish the co-ordinates - right click on the spot, then choose 'What's here'. the co-ordinates appear in the search area.

The Easdale co-ordinates are similarly incorrect. However it has been reported previously that the car parks in Easdale don't permit overnight parking. Has this changed? If so, could you please identify which car park you stayed at?

JimandHazel
17-04-2015, 19:14
Yes, Carsaig Bay is delightful and very friendly natives. At Easdale follow the road through the village and bear right at the harbour. As you approach the 'highland' gift shop follow the "free parking" sign (left turn) and the car park is behind the cottages next to the sea and cliffs. I shared the car park with two other motorhomes, a mobile crane and three fisherman. There is a hand painted "no overnight camping" in the corner. Probable put there by the same person who has roped off a piece of the Queens foreshore!

POI Admin
17-04-2015, 19:51
Sorry but Ellenabeich is off limits - see the following thread:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/scotland/29358-some-scotland-poi-info-after-our-top-trip.html

:(

POI Admin
18-04-2015, 13:49
I have a pretty good recollection of places that have been removed from the POIs. A quick search on the site was all that was needed ...

Info such as yours is invaluable. Thanks :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS