PDA

View Full Version : Overnight, central parking in Bath.

Arkwright007
11-10-2008, 20:55
Last weekend I stopped over in Bath and had already booked into a site but noticed after buying a ticket at the Riverside Car Park (no height barriers) that you could park overnight for 4 - or use it for free if you had bought a ticket during the day.

gutlessyogi
06-07-2009, 14:36
can you say where this car park is please?
thanks

Suntor 100
13-07-2009, 22:22
It would appear the riverside coach park is the one refered to here looking at multimap. It's on the A367 east of the Railway station on Green Park Road.
Hope this helps.

AndyC
14-07-2009, 07:40
I'm pretty sure the the Riverside coach park is restricted to coaches and trucks, anything else is likely to be ticketed.

Unless anyone knows different?

AndyC

LDV Camper
23-07-2009, 19:25
We stayed in the riverside parking area a couple of years back after being scared off by the price of camp sites in the area.

2.50 for the night and no one bothered us at all. I seem to remember there was a sign saying motorhomes were welcome.

starblazer
23-07-2009, 20:49
if this is the car park in question Coach Parking - Bath & North East Somerset Council (http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/BathNES/transportandstreets/Parking/Coach+Parking.htm) looks like motor homes could get ticketed

bertie

LDV Camper
28-07-2009, 19:48
Just a note. We stopped over the last weekend on the Riverside car park. No signs saying campers not welcome so we paid our 2.00 and parked. Worth knowing is that parking wardens or whatever they are called currently go off duty at 18:00 in the area - though this is likely to be revised to 20:00 in the future. Hence, as long as you turn up late then leave early - and pay your ticket just in case - I don't see how you will have a problem.

PS - quite useful having the public toilets there for emptying out the necessary.

veedubinfrance
29-07-2009, 04:40
Just read this on another page of the link given by 'starblazer'

Quote "Pay & Display Car Parks

When using the Pay and Display car parks, please note the following:

* You must park entirely within a bay
* Don't overstay - leaving your car for longer than the duration of the ticket may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
* You must always display the ticket in the windscreen or on the dashboard of your vehicle
* Camper Van style vehicles are not permitted to park in car parks. They can however park at the Riverside Coach Park or Odd Down Park & Ride"

:)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS