PDA

View Full Version : Chorefto

iampatman
08-05-2015, 09:19
Wild camping spots don't get much better than this, Chorefto on the Pelion peninsular. Free WiFi from the Taberna 25yds away.

Pat3026130262

snowbirds
08-05-2015, 09:45
Were is it.:tongue:

Wild camping spots don't get much better than this, Chorefto on the Pelion peninsular. Free WiFi from the Taberna 25yds away.

Pat3026130262

runnach
08-05-2015, 10:04
According to Gmaps, Greece, looks lovely.

iampatman
08-05-2015, 10:06
Were is it.:tongue:

Greece 39.45484 23.12068

Pat

snowbirds
08-05-2015, 10:15
Thanks looks nice.

witzend
08-05-2015, 10:20
Nice spot by the showers for anyone with a plumbing problem

Sharon the Cat
08-05-2015, 10:28
Ooh I'm jealous.
Mind you with the van in the pic I can pretend it's us! Just have to Photoshop the number plate.:cool1:

iampatman
08-05-2015, 10:49
Ooh I'm jealous.
Mind you with the van in the pic I can pretend it's us! Just have to Photoshop the number plate.:cool1:

I'm told it's not a good idea to show your number plate on public photos but I've never worked out how to blank it out using iPhone or iPad.
Lovely spot this and there are hundreds like this all over Greece. Just follow the small coast roads and there's always a little harbour or beach to stop at. This time of year there's never a problem but July or August would be a different matter. Mind it's too hot in July and August anyway.

Pat

sasquatch
08-05-2015, 12:10
We stayed at a few places on the Peliponese Mainly Limini Bay next to a taverna close to the beach,a deserted quarry just before and the theatre at Epidouros to name a few.
We follow the method promoted on here,namely asking permission in exchange for buying meals or drinks,as long as there is a safe space to park.

iampatman
08-05-2015, 12:58
We stayed at a few places on the Peliponese Mainly Limini Bay next to a taverna close to the beach,a deserted quarry just before and the theatre at Epidouros to name a few.
We follow the method promoted on here,namely asking permission in exchange for buying meals or drinks,as long as there is a safe space to park.

Yep, that's how we do it, ask at the taverna or ask a fisherman or even a guy sat on a bench. The response always is "Yes, why not? This is Greece and you are welcome" We've never been refused. We always feel safe but it might be different in the large cities, Athens, Thessalonika etc but we tend to stay away from the cities as parking is a nightmare anyway. Most of the taverna owners when we tell them we will buy a meal tell us we are not obliged. Greek folk are so welcoming and hospitable. In the last week or so they've given us fresh eggs, apples, checked if we needed water, given us WiFi passwords and generally been so helpful. A lovely country with lovely people.
Pat

rottiontour
08-05-2015, 15:29
Great spot....good idea to solve the shower tray problem:D.

Best wishes from "330, 23 NM".

Be

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS