PDA

View Full Version : another WC spot bites the dust.

campervanannie
08-05-2015, 19:03
It would appear now that you can no longer wild camp in Coronation Street Weatherfield a wild camper has recently had her van towed away and inpounded, where is the strange one when you need him we need a protest camp to free Mary's van.

oldish hippy
08-05-2015, 19:11
Annie have the men in white coats come for u at last

John Thompson
08-05-2015, 19:30
It would appear now that you can no longer wild camp in Coronation Street Weatherfield a wild camper has recently had her van towed away and inpounded, where is the strange one when you need him we need a protest camp to free Mary's van.

He's busy with the election count for the council.

The story line is unfeasible and badly researched. The council would not send out an officer on a bank holiday, as the result of a phone call that day. The legislation quoted was in regard to squatting/trespass on private land or property, not parking on the highway. The planning department or highways, not the environmental department are the ones that would deal with such issues.

The council would send an officer to negotiate a move. The issue would have to go to court first.
Only if there was a treat of violence by the landowner or the vehicle owner would the quoted legislation be used. A Chief Police office would have to be present and authorise the removal of the trespassers if they refused to move. That legislation also only applies if more than one person or vehicle is involved.
There is no offence in using a van for human habitation. The offence is with the landowner for permitting such use without a Caravan Sites licence.

The only other legislation would be a TRO banning sleeping, cooking etc. Again the person would have to be taken to a magistrates court for an order to be imposed.

Rest easy folks.

yeoblade
08-05-2015, 19:33

Did she have EHU ? Plugged in to the lampost? I never saw any solar panels on top

phillybarbour
08-05-2015, 19:55
Towed away at breakneck speed, he he great storyline.

trevskoda
08-05-2015, 20:10
you lot need to get out in your vans more with out tv.:drive:

molly 2
08-05-2015, 20:11
[QUOTE=John Thompson;528309]He's busy with the election count for the council.

The story line is unfeasible and badly researched. The council would not send out an officer on a bank holiday, as the result of a phone call that day. The legislation quoted was in regard to squatting/trespass on private land or property, not parking on the highway. The planning department or highways, not the environmental department are the ones that would deal with such issues.

The council would send an officer to negotiate a move. The issue would have to go to court first.
Only if there was a treat of violence by the landowner or the vehicle owner would the quoted legislation be used. A Chief Police office would have to be present and authorise the removal of the trespassers if they refused to move. That legislation also only applies if more than one person or vehicle is involved.
There is no offence in using a van for human habitation. The offence is with the landowner for permitting such use without a Caravan Sites licence.

The only other legislation would be a TRO banning sleeping, cooking etc. Again the person would have to be taken to a magistrates court for an order to be imposed.

Rest easy folks.[/QUOTE. .

molly 2
08-05-2015, 20:14
She is going to relocate to whitby

campervanannie
08-05-2015, 20:17
I have messaged Mary I think she will be safe at Huttoft.

witzend
08-05-2015, 20:34
Did she have EHU ? Plugged in to the lampost?

No someone saw her tip her cassette down the storm drain but it wasn't her fault it was full up an overflowing so she had no choice

Tezza33
08-05-2015, 22:24
No someone saw her tip her cassette down the storm drain but it wasn't her fault it was full up an overflowing so she had no choiceI read on another forum she tipped it in some nettles after seeing someone dump in there
http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q529/tezza81/hqdefault_zps7vk1flbv.jpg (http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/tezza81/media/hqdefault_zps7vk1flbv.jpg.html)

campervanannie
09-05-2015, 02:46
As a wild camping forum I feel we should be supporting our fellow woMAN its an injustice an outrage where will it all end Lincolnshire council, Scarborough council and now Weatherfield. And no she was not emptying her cassette in the hedgerow I heard she used a local cafe I believe its called Roy's Rolls.

Mastodon
09-05-2015, 19:20
Annie have the men in white coats come for u at last

Men in white coats would think twice about that...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS