PDA

View Full Version : Near New Forest (Blackfield/Calshot)

Sean
23-10-2008, 17:21
Not exactly in the new forest but great location to stay overnight before exploring the new forest.

There is a car park on lepe road by the sea-side (Sorry I didn't get the gps coordinates). However if you fireup google maps you'll see the carpark is on the map as a looped road coming off lepe road. This carpark was closed when we arrived but next to it is a small coach parking area without gates. Stayed there overnight - we were joined by a few fisherman coming and going during the evening but other than that was rather quiet.

Next morning the gates to the carpark were opened at approx 6 - did get up to get a ticket until 8.00, nobody seemed to mind us staying there until 11.00. This was in mid-October so you might get more attention during summer.

Beautiful view out to the Isle of Wight - it is mud flats there so you will notice the smell slightly when you get out - but it wasn't enough to worry me.

Happy wild camping!

Sean

Motorhomer
25-10-2008, 13:44
Not exactly in the new forest but great location to stay overnight before exploring the new forest.

There is a car park on lepe road by the sea-side (Sorry I didn't get the gps coordinates). However if you fireup google maps you'll see the carpark is on the map as a looped road coming off lepe road. This carpark was closed when we arrived but next to it is a small coach parking area without gates. Stayed there overnight - we were joined by a few fisherman coming and going during the evening but other than that was rather quiet.

Next morning the gates to the carpark were opened at approx 6 - did get up to get a ticket until 8.00, nobody seemed to mind us staying there until 11.00. This was in mid-October so you might get more attention during summer.

Beautiful view out to the Isle of Wight - it is mud flats there so you will notice the smell slightly when you get out - but it wasn't enough to worry me.

Happy wild camping!

Sean

hello

I used to run the shop in the carpark. It is a paid carpark & more expensive Easter till the schools return in September.It is very very busy in the summer. It is not a wild parking place. The fishermen always ask the park warden, carpark attendant or ask in the shop for permission if they want to stay overnight. They also are supposed to purchase & display a ticket which in summer used to be 4 hours or all day. In the summer coaches use that area for parking & turning and you can be moved on & even fined not by lepe staff but by traffic wardens. Also never park there in bad weather as the road along the waters edge floods & is impassible. You may find yourself where you dont want to be.

Motorhomer

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS