PDA

View Full Version : Winter Meet???

lenny
27-10-2008, 20:53
I know it,s only 4 sleeps to our next meet at Hayfield:rolleyes:, but I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for another meet before the new year:eek::), I was contemplating joining another bunch of guys from another site:eek: on their November meet if they would accept me, just as a one off but would forget that one if we could get something organised.:).

I realise and respect the fact that some members are not into meets and prefer to camp alone so please dont think I,m being pushy on this matter.:)

Location wise,I was thinking about the areas of Cumbria/Lake district or lancashire countryside:)

jimmnlizz
27-10-2008, 22:00
Great idea, Lenny! :cool: Again! :D Let's see how much interest there is, but count us in! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: JIM

BedfordMJ
27-10-2008, 22:27
We are probably going to lakes for a week from 8th of November not sure if my partner will allow any wildcamping yet - he has to be slowly persuaded with most things.

Wee-z
28-10-2008, 09:51
How about something in Dumfries Galloway area ?

might manage that.

weez
Tony

Telstar
28-10-2008, 19:11
We are at Hayfield in 3 more sleeps and then near the end of November going to Burford in Oxfordshire. Christmas and New Year will be in Edinburgh. I'll be keeping a pitch warm for Grath!

However, good luck with your intended meet Lenny and keep them going. You never know, one day we might just make it that far north for a long weekend.

Jon

flashingblade
28-10-2008, 20:06
hi there. i'm interested. i could get some winter mountains in at the same time.

grath
28-10-2008, 21:26
I hope it goes well for you Lenny. Too far for me for a weekend and as Telstar has said, we are going to Edinburgh at the end of the year.
Keep on plugging it:cool:

lenny
28-10-2008, 21:34
Just a suggestion but how about Windermere ,mid to late November????;):)

This looks a decent site and cheap at that:rolleyes:

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7300&currentPage=0

I know this is not wildcamping but I think wilding in numbers could cause problems:(.

Still open to any suggestions:)

Apologies to Tony (weez) ,I realise this is a little too far South for you for a weekend,however December in Dumfries and Galloway is always a possibility:rolleyes::cool:

grath
28-10-2008, 21:40
Just a suggestion but how about Windermere ,mid to late November????;):)

This looks a decent site and cheap at that:rolleyes:

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7300&currentPage=0

I know this is not wildcamping but I think wilding in numbers could cause problems:(.

Still open to any suggestions:)

Apologies to Tony (weez) ,I realise this is a little too far South for you for a weekend,however December in Dumfries and Galloway is always a possibility:rolleyes::cool:

Lenny, it looks a very nice site, infact mouth watering:cool:

jimmnlizz
29-10-2008, 00:09
Looks good, Lenny! :p Not near the 11th though, as that's my 60th! :eek: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :D :cool: JIM

Telstar
29-10-2008, 07:38
Lenny

Just spent a week there in September. Site got very very wet. If they forcast rain take your wellies! Facilities are good and wardens were very friendly. TV reception depends where on the site you are.

Site is good although not near anywhere. Its about a mile or so walk into Staveley which is enjoyable. If you look at the sites location on google earth or something similar you leave the dual carriageway at the brow of a slight hill, on a bend and where the carriageway becomes single. You go down a lane which I have wondered about wilding on, perhaps when the site is closed. Personally I would always recommend the Keswick site if it is still open, you can walk from there into Keswick for all your needs (even a good whisky shop Rick).

Near Keswick at the top of a hill is Castle Rigg, which is an old stone circle. We wondered about wilding there one New Year. Its on a quiet road and the only people using it are visiting these stones.

Jon

Wee-z
29-10-2008, 07:47
Looks a good site lenny excellent area , reasonable access for some of the more southerly members

Weez
Tony

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS