PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Greek beaches

iampatman
22-06-2015, 10:42
Here's a couple of Greek beaches for you.
The first is at Ammoudia 39.2363 20.4791. Lovely location between a sandy beach and the river. Water from the beach showers. We stopped a couple of days but the Italian guy next to us had been there three weeks!
The second is a few miles east of Vonitsa on the lake 38.93382 20. 92013. No facilities so a bit of a quandary as to where to dump the grey water :) Just kidding, plenty of fields and bushes behind us.
Weather forecast included to cheer you all up and take the pressure off kenspain :)

We leave Greece next Monday on the ferry to Venice then a slow drive back through Italy and France.

Pat

Sharon the Cat
22-06-2015, 10:45
Very nice too. Glad to see you are still enjoying yourselves. :cool:

sasquatch
22-06-2015, 12:34
My Favourite was Limini Bay in the Peloponese

Jo001
22-06-2015, 14:16
So these will be for sale then? Lol

iampatman
22-06-2015, 15:37
So these will be for sale then? Lol

I don't believe they are for sale and can think of no good reason why they should be.

Pat

Talbot
22-06-2015, 16:32
Looks beautiful. What route did you travel to Greece. Did you go Croatia, Albania etc?

Jo001
22-06-2015, 17:42
I don't believe they are for sale and can think of no good reason why they should be.

Pat

Oh dear, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I didn't mean to offend.

snowbirds
22-06-2015, 18:06
LOVE THE PIC'S /SNOWBIRDS/PISSED OFF WITH NO WEATHER/ ON GERMAN/DENMARK BORDER/BUT DONE SOME WINE/REGARDS/MAYBE I need to head south.

regards Snowbirds.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: :sad::sad::sad:

iampatman
22-06-2015, 18:54
Looks beautiful. What route did you travel to Greece. Did you go Croatia, Albania etc?

Our insurance doesn't cover us for Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia so we took the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa. Last year we came through Western Europe and then through Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria but it's a long drive and it took its toll on the van bodywork :) Next time we will drive down the Adriatic coast and just buy insurance at the borders. A few folk we have spoken to have said that Albania is a great country, Bosnia too so we'll make an effort to visit those countries next year.
We're thinking about Turkey for next spring/early summer so that would be our route to Greece and then turn left and cross into Turkey through Istanbul. Met a guy the other day on his way to Turkey, Azerbaijan and Iran. Said the people were lovely and the scenery stunning.
But Greece is lovely and the people are the most generous and welcoming folk. Most motorhomers from the UK head to Spain but if you look on the map Greece is no further to travel and although wild camping is "officially" illegal we've never been moved on. We've been welcomed wherever we've stopped.
Pat

iampatman
22-06-2015, 18:55
Oh dear, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I didn't mean to offend.

No offence taken,

Pat

Sharon the Cat
23-06-2015, 07:22
If you love Greece & the people there, you will definitely love Turkey too.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS