PDA

View Full Version : CR Rest and be Thankful

crosers
17-07-2015, 18:55
CR Rest and be Thankful (Argyll & Bute)- now has no overnight camping on its entry sign.

Crosers

Jimhunterj4
17-07-2015, 18:56
Not a legal tro though eh ? Typical, bow down to those who complain the loudest.

POI Admin
17-07-2015, 19:54
Actually it's Forestry Commission land so they can apply whatever rules they see fit, I think.

The Streetview image shows a tent and caravan icon with a line through them. So presumably motorhomes are OK ...

Jimhunterj4
17-07-2015, 20:28
Wouldn't have thought it was forrestry buddy but even if it is I can't see them enforcing the no camping, put it this way, is there going to be anyone there waiting to catch motorhomers late at night ? Sorry officer I was tired lol

runnach
17-07-2015, 20:53
Jim, while we have the right to roam, we do require land owners permission to park a vehicle. For example, be about four year ago, barrier at Loch Chon was broken, vandalised, actually. We parked up loch side, was fantastic being right next to loch. Park rangers appeared and, they were really decent folks.

We returned say, three week later, loch side again. Different park rangers appeared, they asked us to move above barrier area, we had a chat and, these guys were decent too, said we were ok until FC guy came along to fix barrier, which he eventually did. FC guy was sound, too. He cut us some slack till the next day.

Now, while National Park Rangers were really good, same for FC chap. Right next to us were tent campers, while they park their car above barrier, being in a MH, we cant do this to appreciate same loch side position, I think what got the attention of rangers and, FC guys was, I offered to take them to where tent campers were defecating, I invited them to view our facilities for toilet use. I actually think my approach allowed us to utilise area till barrier was fixed.

Anyways, sorry for the drawn out post, to sum up, if forestry land, we do require their permission to park up. That said, FC is a quango and, as I pay my taxes, I'll park up when and where I can.

POI Admin
17-07-2015, 23:41
Wouldn't have thought it was forrestry buddy but even if it is I can't see them enforcing the no camping, put it this way, is there going to be anyone there waiting to catch motorhomers late at night ? Sorry officer I was tired lol

It's a Forestry Commission sign at the entrance ...

I'd like to think that, given it's a car park, provided the overnight stop is done responsibly, nobody will be concerned.

Jimhunterj4
18-07-2015, 08:41
Jim, while we have the right to roam, we do require land owners permission to park a vehicle. For example, be about four year ago, barrier at Loch Chon was broken, vandalised, actually. We parked up loch side, was fantastic being right next to loch. Park rangers appeared and, they were really decent folks.

We returned say, three week later, loch side again. Different park rangers appeared, they asked us to move above barrier area, we had a chat and, these guys were decent too, said we were ok until FC guy came along to fix barrier, which he eventually did. FC guy was sound, too. He cut us some slack till the next day.

Now, while National Park Rangers were really good, same for FC chap. Right next to us were tent campers, while they park their car above barrier, being in a MH, we cant do this to appreciate same loch side position, I think what got the attention of rangers and, FC guys was, I offered to take them to where tent campers were defecating, I invited them to view our facilities for toilet use. I actually think my approach allowed us to utilise area till barrier was fixed.

Anyways, sorry for the drawn out post, to sum up, if forestry land, we do require their permission to park up. That said, FC is a quango and, as I pay my taxes, I'll park up when and where I can.

That bit at loch chon is truly beautiful mate, however when Angela and I parked up there we could only use the upper area because of the barrier but that didn't bother us, we had a BBQ built next to the loch and had the table sitting out with the seats, burgers and salads and whiskey, met the park rangers had no problems, left the next day left the place cleaner than we found it as usual.
Ps nice one showing the parkys the tenters facilities then showing them yours, quality mate. Just when I remember queen Elizabeth national park up on the Dukes pass the parkys let you stay overnight they told my friends on the 3 forest drive they were locking the gates and my friend said no probs were leaving in the morning, they were ok with that..

Jimhunterj4
18-07-2015, 08:43
It's a Forestry Commission sign at the entrance ...

I'd like to think that, given it's a car park, provided the overnight stop is done responsibly, nobody will be concerned.

You know Mike I've never really noticed it before or haven't paid attention to it, but either way you're probably right mate I don't think it will cause any problems

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS