PDA

View Full Version : camping for Ricoh Arena, Coventry

pinklady
18-07-2015, 08:06
Hi and good morning,
I wonder if anybody knows of a good campsite with hookup near the Ricoh Arena Coventry please. I know this is a wildcamping site, but I have never been to Coventry before, and will probably be alone, so do not want to wildcamp,
Any help/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Many Thanks in advance

roddew
18-07-2015, 21:17
...Hi, am Coventry based and spend a lot of time at a friend's farm within walking distance of Ricoh Arena...dog walking adjacent, too. I'm sure something could be sorted out if that's of interest. Can also recommend a campsite where I spent 6 months a while back which is at Wolvey only a few miles away.
If you could let me know when and for how long you intend to visit I can see what can be arranged.
take care Rod.

roddew
18-07-2015, 22:34
...Hi, am Coventry based and spend a lot of time at a friend's farm within walking distance of Ricoh Arena...dog walking adjacent, too. I'm sure something could be sorted out if that's of interest. Can also recommend a campsite where I spent 6 months a while back which is at Wolvey only a few miles away.
If you could let me know when and for how long you intend to visit I can see what can be arranged.
take care Rod.

MTBApple
18-08-2015, 09:33
Hi, I've seen this thread on a search and it's something I'm interested in for the Singha Sevens this weekend. Is there anywhere to park and camp up for the night close to the Ricoh arena?

Thanks in advance

Peter

roddew
20-08-2015, 07:59
Hi Peter
a few details, please. Is it tonight (Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday) you wish to camp? What facilities, if any are you looking for? What sort of vehicle do you have?
The whole area around The Ricoh is residents parking only on event days..there is a quiet lay-by about 15-20 mins walk from the Arena...I can have a closer look if you wish.
Regards, Rodders.

Haaamster
20-08-2015, 09:11
Have you tried contacting the arena to see if they allow overnight parking. They have enough parking space and all the exhibitors stay overnight.

Hello Roddew i'm from Cov too :wave:

MTBApple
21-08-2015, 07:18
Apologies, only just received the notification of the replies.

I have a Ford Freda (Mazda Bongo). It's tonight from 1900hrs. I know about the parking restrictions and I have checked with the Ricoh, they don't allow parking overnight unfortunately.

I may park on Tescos and buy something from the shops for more than 25 as that extends the 2 hr max you are otherwise allowed.

Peter

RabnSue
14-07-2016, 16:48
take care Rod.

Hi Rod, could you tell me the name of your friends farm please?...we need to stay near the Ricoh for three days next year and this would be ideal!..........many thanks! :-)

Johnnygm7lsi
14-07-2016, 20:09
This one is just west of Coventry, we use it for Crufts Adult Only Caravan Parks Warwickshire, Somers Wood Caravan Sites for adults only (http://www.somerswood.co.uk)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS