PDA

View Full Version : Hayfield opening fest April 3/4/5 2009

tresrikay
14-11-2008, 20:14
.............Its been promised.......
,............Its been booked..........
,............Its time you did it toooooooo.............
Kevin and Joan have promised us a party to eclipse what we shared at the end of October when it closed.... so..... please try and join us for the grand opening of this CHEAP and FRIENDLY site....... So get booking and make it a partyyyyyyyyyyy.... the C&CC site Hayfield.

lenny
14-11-2008, 21:06
Count me in for this one Rick;) I,m counting the days:p:cool:

Polly
15-11-2008, 17:45
Hia
I suppose I will come
if not just to say sorry for giving you all the swaying boat impression.:D:D
Or to find out what jibberish I may have been talking.;);)

Polly
15-11-2008, 17:47
Hia
Does it not open in March!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

grath
16-11-2008, 14:33
Hia
Does it not open in March!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Think it is the weekend before Easter:D

grath
16-11-2008, 15:15
The site opens on 2nd April 2009:cool:
If the meet is on the weekend immediately prior to the Easter weekend then we may not be able to attend :(
still a lot can happen between now and then:);)

Polly
16-11-2008, 15:26
Hia
think I am going to Holland that week
Oh dear:confused::confused:

tresrikay
16-11-2008, 18:50
We are away Easter as well but I feel like extending through till then as I have a lot of leave days to cram in before april..... but I don't think I can fit thenm all in. So as I can carry 5 days over I might well do that.;)

Telstar
18-11-2008, 18:34
Its in my dairy to go. But I want to use my free night vouchers and if I recall I have to therefore book direct with the site as the phone booking service want cuf (cash up front)

Jon

cas
20-11-2008, 19:41
Im going to try and make this one :)

mandrake
14-02-2009, 13:22
i know this is a few weeks away, but is the meet still on as its been a bit quiet on this one .

flashingblade
14-02-2009, 19:16
at last it's spring. ha. we will be booking for this one, enjoyed our last visits to this site and met lots of members and even made friends. it will probably be snowing but that won't stop us.

tresrikay
14-02-2009, 21:30
This meet is most definately ON.
I miss Hayfield so much in the winter and just can't wait for it to open again. This will be a great weekend as Kevin and Joan just love us all to bits.
They have promised a good do too.

Polly
15-02-2009, 19:56
Hia
I am so gutted that I will miss this OPENING MEET :mad::mad::eek::eek:

mandrake
15-02-2009, 20:24
just wondered if the meet was still on as we will be going, van back on road next couple of weeks at last

hymercamper
15-02-2009, 22:37
I'll be going
Rob

ajs
15-02-2009, 23:46
This meet is most definately ON.
I miss Hayfield so much in the winter and just can't wait for it to open again. This will be a great weekend as Kevin and Joan just love us all to bits.
They have promised a good do too.

treasurepay:confused:...what .. where is hayfield ... soz.. don't know the history:o
it obviously means something to you... so would like to know what's special :cool:

regards;)
ajs

Telstar
16-02-2009, 12:26
Rick

Do you have a date for the May Queen? Sounded like a good event last year.

AJS

Hayfield is a little gem of a site 5 miles south of Glossop, Derbyshire. Run by the C&CC. Main Wardens are brill, very welcoming and accomodating. Rick has his own hardstanding pitch! Unfortunately the site is not open all year. And because of planning permission, although likely to be an access issue, NO caravans are allowed.

Local pubs and chippy are brill. In the chippy, you order on entry and they cook fresh for you.

Jon

ajs
16-02-2009, 14:08

is this it at the end of valley road...:confused:... looks a nice quiet spot :cool:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/hayfield.jpg

i do a fair amount of ridding over pennines and a safe/secure base camp is a must :)... i'll have te check it out

btw.. what do they charge per night :confused:

regards;)
aj

mandrake
16-02-2009, 15:59
i have only been once and that was for a day on one of the meets, but it is a great site and am looking forward to the next one .

grath
16-02-2009, 18:33
Saturday 9th May 2009 is the May Queen Day:cool:
Well worth a visit:cool::)
Pity it wasn't the May Bank holiday (the weekend before)

tresrikay
16-02-2009, 18:41

is this it at the end of valley road...:confused:... looks a nice quiet spot :cool:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/hayfield.jpg

i do a fair amount of ridding over pennines and a safe/secure base camp is a must :)... i'll have te check it out

btw.. what do they charge per night :confused:

regards;)
aj
Thats the Place a j s, it is very cheap as no hookups or sevice pitches..... new low season rates are £3.10 pppn....... and thats it.
All paths and bridleways start near the camp entrance which is opposite the car park where the mass trespass of kinder scout took place... the walking is sublime.

tresrikay
16-02-2009, 18:47
Saturday 9th May 2009 is the May Queen Day:cool:
Well worth a visit:cool::)
Pity it wasn't the May Bank holiday (the weekend before)

Sorry Graham but I am sure the May Queen carnival is the 16th of May, the festival is spread over the week that begins 9th May but it finishes with the carnival on the 16th. This is what I have gleaned from websites so I am sure it is right as it is always in the middle of may.
Hope you havn't booked the wrong weekend?:eek:

No I have

grath
16-02-2009, 18:50
http://www.hayfieldmayqueen.org/
Is this not it:confused::confused:

tresrikay
16-02-2009, 19:13

:o Certainly looks like it Graham:o:o They must have changed the programme as if you google hayfield may queen carnival it suggests the 16th...... I am certainly not making a firm booking untill after the opening meet when we can check it out in the pubs...... or better still book both weekends..... and the days in between:D...... if only

Wee-z
16-02-2009, 19:32
Hi there
What is the maximum length of m/home that will access the site?
we might make this one.

weez
Tony

lenny
16-02-2009, 20:07
Hi there
What is the maximum length of m/home that will access the site?
we might make this one.

weez
Tony

You will get your van in there no problem Tony;), The reason caravans are not allowed is because of the narrow streets leading into the site.

Oh, and I just know ,you and Wilma will just love the place:):cool:

grath
16-02-2009, 22:19

According to my goggle the May Queen parade is on the 9th May:D

Pioneer
24-02-2009, 17:59
Thats the Place a j s, it is very cheap as no hookups or sevice pitches..... new low season rates are £3.10 pppn....... and thats it.
All paths and bridleways start near the camp entrance which is opposite the car park where the mass trespass of kinder scout took place... the walking is sublime.

Hi Rick,
have just checked on the C&CC website for prices at Hayfield and it quotes, 3/4/5 April 2009 is Mid season and prices are £5.65 pppn and £3.95 age concession, so like everybody else the C&CC are having a bit extra this year.
We are looking forward to it. Like someone else mentioned earlier I have some free nights to use up, so will book direct to benefit from them.
Maybe we will attend on the saturday night at this one instead of getting pi---d early doors:D
Cheers, Bill.

robert b
24-02-2009, 20:22
ive tried to contact site today to book opening week end but no reply.

mandrake
24-02-2009, 20:27
the site wont be open untill the 1st week in april that week of the meet so there may be no one there as yet . give it another couple of weeks and try again .

grath
24-02-2009, 20:50
ive tried to contact site today to book opening week end but no reply.

The site is closed for the winter and bookings must be made via the Camping & Caravaning Club head office.
The meet is on the first weekend after opening and Joan & Kevin site Managers arrive back on site one week prior to opening

ajs
24-02-2009, 23:37

will i get in there with trailer van in tow... and... will i have somewhere hard te park it :confused:

need to come pleasureway... just te ply you with cheeeeep wiksey :D

regards;)
ajs

mandrake
25-02-2009, 11:10
as i have only been the once and that was only to stay a few hours i dont know about parking you trailer depends how big .but the roads are quite narrow to get to the site and there is one quite nasty corner if my memory serves me well also parked traffic can be a bit of a pain i think that is why no caravans can access the site .

flashingblade
25-02-2009, 19:38
hi all. i have booked for fri and sat night. can't miss this.
don't worry about your van or trailer guys, last year i took a hgv truck onto site (only collected 16 wing mirrors along the way ).
the passage through the village is awkward but easily done in a motorhome unless its above the 'car licence' size.
see you all there.

BedfordMJ
25-02-2009, 19:49
hi all. i have booked for fri and sat night. can't miss this.
don't worry about your van or trailer guys, last year i took a hgv truck onto site (only collected 16 wing mirrors along the way ).
the passage through the village is awkward but easily done in a motorhome unless its above the 'car licence' size.
see you all there.

Do you think I'd get in with my Bedford? Pics are in the link at bottom of my post.
cheers

Simon

Hazy-thoughts
25-02-2009, 19:53
Now I finally have my van and am mobile I would love to come to this meet and put a few names to faces etc, do you have to be a member of the c & c club to be able to book your place :confused:

Pioneer
25-02-2009, 20:01
Hi Hazy-thoughts,

the site is open to non-members at £6.60pppn or family deal of £14.95pn.

Happy Camping:)

tresrikay
25-02-2009, 20:16
will i get in there with trailer van in tow... and... will i have somewhere hard te park it :confused:

need to come pleasureway... just te ply you with cheeeeep wiksey :D

regards;)
ajs

I wouldn't risk it with your trailer, but maybe you could ring Kevin or Joan before the 2nd to ask their advice

mandrake
26-02-2009, 17:06
Do you think I'd get in with my Bedford? Pics are in the link at bottom of my post.
cheers

Simon

your bedford will go anywhere:eek::eek::D:D you should manage it i would have thought

BedfordMJ
26-02-2009, 18:01
your bedford will go anywhere:eek::eek::D:D you should manage it i would have thought

I might come along work permitting. The last time I went there was in a tent about 18 yrs ago.

smiler
26-02-2009, 20:40
may be a silly question but can anybody give me details of where in hayfield
would like to put faces to names

cipro
26-02-2009, 20:47
may be a silly question but can anybody give me details of where in hayfield
would like to put faces to names
Hayfield is only a small village but it is sign posted as you get in Hayfield

Kinder Road
Hayfield
High Peak
Derbyshire
SK22 2LE

wints
01-03-2009, 10:34
We're going to try to make this meet, will know more tomorrow when c&cc booking opens monday am.
Hope to see you all.

Allen & Eileen

mandrake
01-03-2009, 16:53
hi am answering this on a mobile iPod touch. As computer dead as :confused:a dodo looking forward to the meet ha ha I am rubbish on computer so god helpbme on this :eek::D

BedfordMJ
01-03-2009, 17:36
hi am answering this on a mobile iPod touch. As computer dead as :confused:a dodo looking forward to the meet ha ha I am rubbish on computer so god helpbme on this :eek::D

Get you on your techno wizardry.

wints
02-03-2009, 09:19
We are now booked in: £3.95 age concession for me, £5.65 for younger bird I'm taking with me (she better be worth it !).
See you all on friday pm.
Allen & Eileen

robert b
02-03-2009, 14:02
i have just booked for hayfield meet through c and c c. for 3rd and 4th of april

tresrikay
02-03-2009, 20:21
Well done all, getting the numbers up nicely.;)

tresrikay
06-03-2009, 19:44
By now Kevin and Joan should be wending their way back to Hayfield, to sweep up all the sheep s**t resite the signs and generally be getting ready fior our opening meet.
If you are coming then please book thrugh the C&CC website or by phone to Club-rez.
Think we need to get the numbers up ...... only 4 weeks to go:D:D:D:D;)

zeezee16
06-03-2009, 21:19
Iv'e tried to get onto thr c&cc site to book the 2 nights, but it keeps telling me I need to be a member,£35, plus £7 booking, I dont think so, thats nearly 3 hours drinking money.
Am I doing something wrong, if so, WHAT......
Cheers, Pete.

tresrikay
07-03-2009, 19:07
Iv'e tried to get onto thr c&cc site to book the 2 nights, but it keeps telling me I need to be a member,£35, plus £7 booking, I dont think so, thats nearly 3 hours drinking money.
Am I doing something wrong, if so, WHAT......
Cheers, Pete.

Hi Zee Zee,
You will have to wait untill the site opens on the 2nd April and book direct with the site, don't worry about missing the boat the site is only full at B/Hs and the holidays.

zeezee16
07-03-2009, 19:17
thanks rick, I will do that, I think we will be there fri/sat.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
07-03-2009, 19:28
We have not booked this one, but have booked a bank holiday as just cant be bothered to fight our way through the bank holiday traffic to go any further:D

tresrikay
07-03-2009, 19:52
We have not booked this one, but have booked a bank holiday as just cant be bothered to fight our way through the bank holiday traffic to go any further:D

Do try and make it Graham, I think you would be greatly missed by us all as you were at Whitehouse farm............. and KATH of course:o:rolleyes:

grath
07-03-2009, 19:55
Do try and make it Graham, I think you would be greatly missed by us all as you were at Whitehouse farm.

This meet is less than one week before the Easter Bank holiday and we usually go on a small expedition over that weekend.:D into Welsh Wales, over mountains, through swamps with Alligators and Crocodiles Snakes and even Elephants, Lions and Tigers. Wilding if you get my drift:D;)
Will just have to see nearer to the time.
Thanks anyway

tresrikay
07-03-2009, 20:11
This meet is less than one week before the Easter Bank holiday and we usually go on a small expedition over that weekend.:D into Welsh Wales, over mountains, through swamps with Alligators and Crocodiles Snakes and even Elephants, Lions and Tigers. Wilding if you get my drift:D;)
Will just have to see nearer to the time.
Thanks anyway

What part of Wales is that then:confused::rolleyes:;)

grath
07-03-2009, 20:13
What part of Wales is that then:confused::rolleyes:;)

In the deepest wildest parts, where all the sheep s*****s fear to go;):rolleyes::D
I might even get my wheels off the tarmac and run over some wild animals (snails and ants) maybe need bull bars:D:eek:

phantom flyer
10-03-2009, 10:13
Hope to make this meet. Waiting on better half working out time of work.

rebbyvid
10-03-2009, 19:39
booked fri and sat.I think it did:confused::confused:said card failed but also said i'd booked
rob

Polly
10-03-2009, 20:29
Hia
You are all rubbing it in because I will not be able to go but will make another one
How many for the count so far?

lenny
10-03-2009, 21:01
Hia
You are all rubbing it in because I will not be able to go but will make another one
How many for the count so far?

Just booked up for this one but forgot to mention we are part of Ricks Crew:eek::D
Sorry to rub it in,Polly:rolleyes::D:p

Polly
10-03-2009, 21:05
Hia

GR------E-------AT

You not really rubbing it in:mad::mad::mad:

jjwagon
10-03-2009, 23:25
Would realy like to join you lot... have never attended any sort of rally before... but have to get our show up and running for the season in Bath... (www.bizarrebath.co.uk) maybe another time if the site allows vans without windows and I don't have to be too happy all the time :-)

robert b
11-03-2009, 15:59
we wouldnt do that to you polly. but we will have a good time .

grath
11-03-2009, 19:30
Well, how many are definitely going?:confused::confused:

wints
11-03-2009, 20:12
We're definetly going.
Lenny's good at counting (money, secretly, allegedly...) he'll know how many are attending.

Allen & Eileen

tresrikay
11-03-2009, 20:35
Looks like 8 definates and a couple of hope to's

lenny
11-03-2009, 20:40
We're definetly going.
Lenny's good at counting (money, secretly, allegedly...) he'll know how many are attending.

Allen & Eileen

Cheeky monkey Allen:D, Rick will know more but I reckon thats 9 definites and 5 maybe,s:rolleyes: so this meet can eclipse the Whitehouse Farm gathering and with the weather improving rapidly, it could be the biggest meet yet;)

BTW, Do you know this weekend coincides with the Grand National at Aintree:rolleyes::cool:, I,ll have to organise a sweepstake;), lets say £1 a horse:o:p..Winner takes all, Minus my commision :rolleyes: of course:D

tresrikay
12-03-2009, 19:36
[QUOTE=lenny;51823]Cheeky monkey Allen:D, Rick will know more but I reckon thats 9 definites and 5 maybe,s:rolleyes: so this meet can eclipse the Whitehouse Farm gathering and with the weather improving rapidly, it could be the biggest meet yet;)

BTW, Do you know this weekend coincides with the Grand National at Aintree:rolleyes::cool:, I,ll have to organise a sweepstake;), lets say £1 a horse:o:p..Winner takes all, Minus my commision :rolleyes: of course/QUOTE]

I knew your surname was Ladbrook..... however sounds a great Idea, maybe we could go and watch the Nags at the George and make a bit of a do out of it?;)

zeezee16
12-03-2009, 19:46
Cheeky monkey Allen:D, Rick will know more but I reckon thats 9 definites and 5 maybe,s:rolleyes: so this meet can eclipse the Whitehouse Farm gathering and with the weather improving rapidly, it could be the biggest meet yet;)

BTW, Do you know this weekend coincides with the Grand National at Aintree:rolleyes::cool:, I,ll have to organise a sweepstake;), lets say £1 a horse:o:p..Winner takes all, Minus my commision :rolleyes: of course:D

We are Definatly maybe's, seeing as how we didnt win the 85 million lottery last week.
We should be there about 6pm on the friday, I hope the pub's not as far as the last one, and a bit better lit too, it was like walking the Le mans racetrack at night.
Cheers, Pete.

t&s
12-03-2009, 19:47
some directions to hayfield please

lenny
12-03-2009, 19:59
We are Definatly maybe's, seeing as how we didnt win the 85 million lottery last week.
We should be there about 6pm on the friday, I hope the pub's not as far as the last one, and a bit better lit too, it was like walking the Le mans racetrack at night.
Cheers, Pete.

Glad you can make it Pete;), the Sportsman pub is a little climb up through the woods (About 10 minutes) and the Village pubs are a nice romantic walk following the stream with no traffic to worry about (15/20 minutes walk).

Dont forget to bring some loose change for our Grand National Sweepstake:rolleyes::p

Topic and Wanderer
12-03-2009, 20:04
We're a hopeful as well as missed the last one :(. Do we need to pre-book or will we be OK to just turn up?

lenny
12-03-2009, 20:31
some directions to hayfield please

Hiya, Try this link and click on printable location map;)

http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7130

Good Luck:)

lenny
12-03-2009, 20:36
We're a hopeful as well as missed the last one :(. Do we need to pre-book or will we be OK to just turn up?

Hiya, I would suggest you give the site a ring just prior to the weekend and tell them you,re with the wildcamping meet;), see the link in my previous post for the phone No. and address.

Hope you can make it along with all the other maybe,s:)

ajs
12-03-2009, 23:52
I hope the pub's not as far as the last one, and a bit better lit too, it was like walking the Le mans racetrack at night.
Cheers, Pete.

zeezee... bring yer elmit and i'll take yer up on the pillion :D

regards;)
ajs

zeezee16
13-03-2009, 17:16
Glad you can make it Pete;), the Sportsman pub is a little climb up through the woods (About 10 minutes) and the Village pubs are a nice romantic walk following the stream with no traffic to worry about (15/20 minutes walk).

Dont forget to bring some loose change for our Grand National Sweepstake:rolleyes::p

15/20 minutes walk sounds ok, but in the dark, near a stream, after a gallon of guiness, I best bring one of my fishing headlights, that way, I have both hands free to rescue anyone that falls/gets pushed into the stream.
See you there, Cheers, Pete.

coventrycraig
13-03-2009, 18:44
Where abouts is this rally which is taking place?

many thanks

Craig

rebbyvid
13-03-2009, 20:48
See Lenny's post 75 theres a link to site
Rob

flashingblade
13-03-2009, 20:59
hi all. can i presume others will be up for some walking ? got anything in mind ? if the weather is on our side, i might bring some climbing kit and if anyone wants a 'go', we can head off to local hot spots with the kids too, they love it. no fear, unlike us adults who see the consequences of our actions.

zeezee16
13-03-2009, 21:08
zeezee... bring yer elmit and i'll take yer up on the pillion :D

regards;)
ajs

If the wife could drive. I would come on the bike, some nice biking roads around there.
Cheers, Pete.
PS, I'mthe worlds worst pillion

ajs
14-03-2009, 00:21
If the wife could drive. I would come on the bike, some nice biking roads around there.
Cheers, Pete.
PS, I'm the worlds worst pillion

... all bikers are...:D

regards;)
ajs

robert b
14-03-2009, 15:24
we have been out to hayfield for a ride out . there is major road works on the road up to campsite through village road is realy narrow but passable with care they might be gone by the time of meet .

BillyB666
17-03-2009, 17:26
We'll be there, looks like there's enough to push us out of the mud ( again...) Do we need to book it ?

Br & Marie

BTW Happy Paddys Day !!!! :D:D:D

wints
17-03-2009, 18:15
Thought you and Marie had gone to Spain. You're back soon.

tresrikay
17-03-2009, 18:46
We'll be there, looks like there's enough to push us out of the mud ( again...) Do we need to book it ?

Br & Marie

BTW Happy Paddys Day !!!! :D:D:D

Probably not but give the site a ring in the week before, It opens Thursday 2nd , and tell them you are a wildcamper.

scotsy
19-03-2009, 08:53
Probably not but give the site a ring in the week before, It opens Thursday 2nd , and tell them you are a wildcamper.

Its a bit of a rigmarole when the site won't answer the phone until the day before we'd be travelling there:rolleyes:

It seems that it's all set up for people who are already members of the C&CC to book 1st which i suppose is good if you ARE a member but its not good for us 'newbies'

Are all those of you who are attending this meet members of the C&CC and already booked in?:confused:

fed up leyther:D

ajs
19-03-2009, 10:04
Are all those of you who are attending this meet members of the C&CC and already booked in?:confused:

fed up leyther:D

to do it on line then yes ...:cool:
but nope..i'm a member but i'll do it the day before cus it's a big site and even 30 vans won't be filling it..:confused: ..
maybe :rolleyes:

anyhoo.. if you can't get in cum on yer bike :D... you can bunk in with pleasuredickey :)

regards ;)
ajs

scotsy
19-03-2009, 16:25
to do it on line then yes ...:cool:
but nope..i'm a member but i'll do it the day before cus it's a big site and even 30 vans won't be filling it..:confused: ..
maybe :rolleyes:

anyhoo.. if you can't get in cum on yer bike :D... you can bunk in with pleasuredickey :)

regards ;)
ajs

Now i'm worried:eek::eek::eek:

tresrikay
19-03-2009, 18:56
Talking Tent has said he is coming, so we now have one under canvas as well.

scotsy
19-03-2009, 20:51
Making Tents has said he is coming, so we now have one under canvas as well.

Now I'm REALLY worried:D:D:D

BillyB666
19-03-2009, 21:11
Yeh we had 3 weeks almost down in Portugal, I had threatened to take Dublins finest to faro & let her fly back so I could stay longer... she eventually explained the magnitude of the error i was proposing to make... so we're back in sunny Donny

B

tresrikay
19-03-2009, 21:13
Yeh we had 3 weeks almost down in Portugal, I had threatened to take Dublins finest to faro & let her fly back so I could stay longer... she eventually explained the magnitude of the error i was proposing to make... so we're back in sunny Donny

B

Glad your back safe and sound, looking forward to seeing you in just 2 weeks time.

lenny
20-03-2009, 19:55
hi all. can i presume others will be up for some walking ? got anything in mind ? if the weather is on our side, i might bring some climbing kit and if anyone wants a 'go', we can head off to local hot spots with the kids too, they love it. no fear, unlike us adults who see the consequences of our actions.

Hiya Geoff, sounds like a great idea;), but our little walkies normally include 2 or 3 watering holes:eek: enroute:p:rolleyes:

I could be up for it;), will we have a safety net??:confused::D

flashingblade
20-03-2009, 20:12
hi .
i was thinking of keeping the walking/drinking and climbing separate. walking and beer is great but can't mix climbing. it's a bit like driving, it doesn't mix with booze (shame), especially if it's me up front !!
the peak district has some of the best climbing in the country and there's tons of easy climbs. we always take the kids who usually out perform us adults.
i will bring plenty of spare kit, should we get chance.
look forward to the pub crawl anyway. i mean country walk !! ha

tresrikay
20-03-2009, 20:55
hi .
i was thinking of keeping the walking/drinking and climbing separate. walking and beer is great but can't mix climbing. it's a bit like driving, it doesn't mix with booze (shame), especially if it's me up front !!
the peak district has some of the best climbing in the country and there's tons of easy climbs. we always take the kids who usually out perform us adults.
i will bring plenty of spare kit, should we get chance.
look forward to the pub crawl anyway. i mean country walk !! ha

I went climbing in Snowdonia at school and fell off hanging from a rope:eek: and being pulled to safety......... I still have the Nightmares...... so sorry ME WALK.;)

robert b
20-03-2009, 20:56
the walking is a good idea as i have a dog to exersie. climbing not done for years but sounds good :eek:

kimbowbill
21-03-2009, 01:56
i'm hoping to join the party, can't i just turn up and pay when i get there? i'm not a member of C&CC either.

grath
21-03-2009, 08:06
i'm hoping to join the party, can't i just turn up and pay when i get there? i'm not a member of C&CC either.

You most probably would get on, but much safer to just give a telephone call first even if only out of courtesy to Joan & Kevin (Managers):)
If quite a few just turned up, maybe some would be disappointed as obviously there is only so much space and from what I have seen this year the camp sites are getting booked up and full very early:(

zeezee16
21-03-2009, 09:33
Hiya Geoff, sounds like a great idea;), but our little walkies normally include 2 or 3 watering holes:eek: enroute:p:rolleyes:

I could be up for it;), will we have a safety net??:confused::D

What about Walking to the pub, then Climbing up the steps to the Bar. That way, we do a bit of everything......

grath
23-03-2009, 19:18
I know that this meet was proposed by Joan & Kevin the site managers, but as Tresrikay is promoting the meet as his home turf (so to speak) maybe a name count of all anticipated attendees would be helpful, just to see how many are coming:):)
It looks very much like it will be the largest meet ever for Wildcamping:cool: which is in no small part to the friendliness and efforts of Joan & Kevin at the Hayfield closing meet last year:cool:
I think you all will second my big thanks & well done to Joan & Kevin:cool::cool:
edit.
What I meant to say is that as Tresrikay is I think the forum organiser of this meet, please it may be helpful to see who is coming and numbers as it looks like a well supported meet:cool:

Telstar
23-03-2009, 19:51
:) I've just had a look at the past 11 pages and we haven't even been yet!

Definates
1. Tresricky
2. Lenny
3. Telstar
4. Flashingblade
5. Pioneer
6. r a blenkinsop
7. wints
8. zeezee16
9. rebbyvid
10. BillyB666
11. talkingtent

Shown Interest
1. Cas
2. Mandrake
3. hymercamper
4. ajs
5. wee-z
6. BedfordMJ
7. Hazy-thoughts
8. smiler
9. Phantom flyer
10. t&s
11. topic and wanderer
12. coverntrycraig
13. scotsy

Sorry if I've missed anyone, or put them under the wrong heading.

ps to those of you who are not members of the C&CC, I would say that this site alone is good enough reason to join. If the weather is fine, there is a 99.9% chance that you'll want to go back again and again.

Jon

Polly
23-03-2009, 20:05
Hia
Won't Joan and Kevin be surprised when they open their little reception and catch up on bookings and mail and then telephone enquiries maybe a week before Easter:D:D:D:D

Joan will probably make a very very big pan of curry if you all behave yourselves. :D:D:D and Kevin will light the B B Q

Kevin will have to build an extention on the hut he made for the close down weekend --- or you could all become very close :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do enjoy yourselves

Don't worry you all will fit on the campsite

and I am sure the chippy will cope with your orders

If you would like a less strenuos (sorry can't spell it) sport then climbing or hill walking then sample the disused railway track in the village for strolling, walking or cycling (don't forget your bike)

Topic and Wanderer
23-03-2009, 20:10
Well we've done it - yipee - all booked online. Decided to sort it as it's weekend before Easter and as someone said sites are getting booked up (and the sun has started shining). Didn't want to miss out on this one.
Also met 2 campers at Matlock last weekend so they may come as well. Really looking forward to meeting you all at last.

scotsy
23-03-2009, 20:22
....can you move us to the 'definites' please (providing we get allowed in when we finally get through to the site:rolleyes:)

robert b
23-03-2009, 20:27
its a pity you wont be coming but no dought we will see you on another meet soon take care allan and denise

rebbyvid
23-03-2009, 20:33

Definates
1. Tresricky
2. Lenny
3. Telstar
4. Flashingblade
5. Pioneer
6. r a blenkinsop
7. wints
8. zeezee16
9. rebbyvid
10. BillyB666
11. talkingtent

Shown Interest
1. Cas
2. Mandrake
3. hymercamper
4. ajs
5. wee-z
6. BedfordMJ
7. Hazy-thoughts
8. smiler
9. Phantom flyer
10. t&s
11. topic and wanderer
12. coverntrycraig
13. scotsy

ps to those of you who are not members of the C&CC, I would say that this site alone is good enough reason to join. If the weather is fine, there is a 99.9% chance that you'll want to go back again and again.

Jon
Rebbyvid and Hymercamper same ,no hymer anymore:( so wont be allowed in hymer corner anymore:eek::eek:
Rob

grath
23-03-2009, 20:44

Definates
1. Tresricky
2. Lenny
3. Telstar
4. Flashingblade
5. Pioneer
6. r a blenkinsop
7. wints
8. zeezee16
9. rebbyvid
10. BillyB666
11. talkingtent

Shown Interest
1. Cas
2. Mandrake
3. hymercamper
4. ajs
5. wee-z
6. BedfordMJ
7. Hazy-thoughts
8. smiler
9. Phantom flyer
10. t&s
11. topic and wanderer
12. coverntrycraig
13. scotsy

Jon

Thanks Jon, it,s looking pretty damn good:cool::cool:

tresrikay
23-03-2009, 21:49
Thanks Jon, it,s looking pretty damn good:cool::cool:

So come on Graham and Kath you really have to come, I know it is the weekend before Easter, but we are away with Louis our Grandson on good Friday ...... and it is not a lot of dosh even in these hard times......... So what about it, You know you want to,,,,,,,,,:D, I am not really the organiser... it is just a couple of days after the site shut and the booking site for this year opened, Joan sent me an email asking where all the bookings that were promised had gone. So I just Posted the original thread to boost the meet. Anyway we don't need organising, just inspiring ...... so come on Graham and Kath...... BOOK IT;)

Pioneer
24-03-2009, 17:37
Booked in today via Club for thur/fri/sat. Arrive thursday so we can get bogged in first:eek:again! Be a test for the new mudflaps!:D
If flashingblade is organising a good walk count us in, Angie is in training for her cross Wales Charity Walk (42miles) in June, I am support crew? getting the beers in after the walk, well got to be seen to do something.;)
See you all at Hayfield.

grath
24-03-2009, 18:46
So come on Graham and Kath you really have to come, I know it is the weekend before Easter, but we are away with Louis our Grandson on good Friday ...... and it is not a lot of dosh even in these hard times......... So what about it, You know you want to,,,,,,,,,:D, I am not really the organiser... it is just a couple of days after the site shut and the booking site for this year opened, Joan sent me an email asking where all the bookings that were promised had gone. So I just Posted the original thread to boost the meet. Anyway we don't need organising, just inspiring ...... so come on Graham and Kath...... BOOK IT;)

Thanks, but it's not the money, but the time:( we just cant m/h every weekend as other commitments. Lets wait and see:confused::confused:

rebbyvid
24-03-2009, 19:59
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;0/st/20090403/e/hayfield+meet/dt/4/k/7ff4/event.png

phantom flyer
24-03-2009, 22:28
After looking forward to maybe getting to this meet the wife has said we cann't get there because of her work. Will keep looking for next meet and hope to see some of you soon.

scotsy
26-03-2009, 16:14
...cos I've just forked out £57.12p to join the C&CC and book a pitch for Friday and Saturday nights:eek:

Pioneer
26-03-2009, 17:50
...cos I've just forked out £57.12p to join the C&CC and book a pitch for Friday and Saturday nights:eek:

Hi scotsy,
you didn't need to join the C&CC for this meet, they are open to non-members @£6.60/p/p/n, or the family package. Previously on thread. Hope you wanted to join anyway? See you there.

scotsy
26-03-2009, 18:10
Hi scotsy,
you didn't need to join the C&CC for this meet, they are open to non-members @£6.60/p/p/n, or the family package. Previously on thread. Hope you wanted to join anyway? See you there.

It sort of 'made my mind up' to join because i don't like not knowing I've deffo got a space for the night:rolleyes:

We are heading for a week in the Highlands in a month so it will enable us to book some sites in advance anyway, but we will also do a couple of 'WILD' nights along the way;)

See you at hayfield:D

P.S. Check out posts number 43/44 on this thread http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5401&page=5

Sunset at Derwentwater last weekend

tresrikay
27-03-2009, 19:12
A week tonight, we will be in the Marquee tucking into Joans Curry and those Hayfield Sausages and my Tuna, a drop or 2 of what you fancy and a great big hug of a start to the new season.:):):) (not that ours stop)
Hope to be there around 4ish and staying till Tuesday. As still have 2 days of 08 holidays to use up.
I think we are around the 10 in numbers, but lets have a shout this weekend on who is a definate.:)

Pioneer
28-03-2009, 11:14
Hi Rick,
we are booked in thurs/sun.
see you there,
Bill and Angie.

Topic and Wanderer
28-03-2009, 11:21
I think we are around the 10 in numbers, but lets have a shout this weekend on who is a definate.:)

Think we must be looking at more than that now. We'll be there Friday pm staying until Sunday :). Unfortunately back in work Monday:(. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Do we need to bring stuff for BBQ?

tresrikay
28-03-2009, 11:58
Think we must be looking at more than that now. We'll be there Friday pm staying until Sunday :). Unfortunately back in work Monday:(. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Do we need to bring stuff for BBQ?

Just bring what you want to throw on it, Kevin and Joan have a huge BBQ.

tresrikay
28-03-2009, 12:12
I make it 14 definates so far;
1, AJS
2,Lenny
3,topic and wanderer
4,tresrikay,
5,talking tent
6,pioneer
7,scotsy
8,rebbyvid
9,zeezee16
10,telstar
11,flashingblade
12,r a blenkinsopp
13,wints
14,billyb666

Sorry if I have missed anyone, shout up now.
So we need a few more to get in the high teens, there are a couple of others coming that are not wilders but HAYFIELD regulars, so if we include them it is 15:):)

ajs
28-03-2009, 12:19
I make it 13 definates so far;

1,Lenny
2,topic and wanderer
3,tresrikay,
4,talking tent
5,pioneer
6,scotsy
7,rebbyvid
8,zeezee16
9,telstar
10,flashingblade
11,r a blenkinsopp
12,wints
13,billyb666

Sorry if I have missed anyone, shout up now.
So we need a few more to get in the high teens, there are a couple of others coming that are not wilders but HAYFIELD regulars, so if we include them it is 15:):)

:eek: i have a booking reference number....friday to monday :D
and i will be bringing a bottle of scotch...:p... does that qualify me te be listed :confused:...

wanted for friday afternoon... bike cleaner :D

regards ;)
ajs

tresrikay
28-03-2009, 13:18
:eek: i have a booking reference number....friday to monday :D
and i will be bringing a bottle of scotch...:p... does that qualify me te be listed :confused:...

wanted for friday afternoon... bike cleaner :D

regards ;)
ajs

:o:oOOOPs, sorry AJiliSt, You go to top of the list.

Pioneer
28-03-2009, 14:02
This list looks more like the top NUMPTY award list!:D

see ya:)

ajs
28-03-2009, 14:57
This list looks more like the top NUMPTY award list!:D

:eek:.... yep... and look who's top of the list...:rolleyes:

regards:D
aj

tresrikay
30-03-2009, 18:44
Had an email from Joan and Kevin, they are looking forward to seeing us all..... just mention you are a wildcamper when you book in and they will try and keep us together.:)

lenny
30-03-2009, 21:37
The weathers looking good for this weekends meet so come on any of you who were thinking of coming along but hav,nt decided yet;).
Get booked up and come and join the fun:rolleyes::p

Pioneer
31-03-2009, 10:06
:eek:.... yep... and look who's top of the list...:rolleyes:

aj

By bribery and corruption!!;) It ain't over til the fat bird sings:D
What with you bribing, and Lenny making profit on fee's, what next??:D
Don't think we all know who we are dealing with here:rolleyes:

tresrikay
31-03-2009, 20:38
Disaster has struck.........:mad:I do not haveA M/H.....:eek:. I took my van in to the local Renault dealer on Monday to have the long standing judder sorted once and for all, telling them I am away on Friday, so I need it fixed by then........:mad::Get a phone call this afternoon.....:mad:: We have some GOOD news, we have found the problem:)....... It needs a new gearbox and drive shaft.......:( BAD news:mad: Its on back order so we dont know when we can get one.......... so this weekend is out as it is deemed unsafe to drive and is in several bits in the workshop:eek::eek:................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................... but............................................... .Hayfield.............................its......... .............the .......................opening.................... ... we...........ek...........en................d.
SO not to be defeated by these spoilers ......I ...... have asked Talking tent to take his BIG tent so that I can still join in the fun......... He did laugh and chortal and snort and impose many and varied rules and ..... stuff about tent camping etc..... but the end result is I am still coming...............and if ajs starts taking the P**s then I am off to the pub

cipro
31-03-2009, 20:46
Sooooooooooo sorry to read that pal but a rapid recovery, its like bing
wounded, when my van is ill I suffer as well sorry I am sad:eek::eek::eek:

tresrikay
31-03-2009, 20:51
I just can't believe it, all my stuff is on the van...... what do you take when camping:(.... I have to use showers...... and toilets:mad: and ........ be cold .... and sleep in sleeping bags...... and not have Ice for the cooking whisky:(...... it will....be... HELL:mad:

one stop
31-03-2009, 20:55
all sorted me & the wife will be there need to get in the grove wimore like minded people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! work hard play hard !!!!!!!!!!! cant wait see you all friday

mark and di

rebbyvid
31-03-2009, 21:01
I just can't believe it, all my stuff is on the van...... what do you take when camping:(.... I have to use showers...... and toilets:mad: and ........ be cold .... and sleep in sleeping bags...... and not have Ice for the cooking whisky:(...... it will....be... HELL:mad:
Will it be like this Rick

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF2024-1.jpg

Telstar
31-03-2009, 21:02
Rick

Sorry to hear about your van, but at least it should be now sorted. The good news is that you are still coming and that someone else can have you pitch as its no good putting a tent on that nice hardstanding!!!!

Jon

ps I hope you didn't leave the whisky in it.

tresrikay
31-03-2009, 21:04
Rick

Sorry to hear about your van, but at least it should be now sorted. The good news is that you are still coming and that someone else can have you pitch as its no good putting a tent on that nice hardstanding!!!!

Jon

ps I hope you didn't leave the whisky in it.

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad:

lenny
31-03-2009, 21:26
Rick you,re a star;), dont let it get you down ,at least you,ll get the problem sorted once and for all.
I,m sure everyone will help you out to make it a comfortable weekend for you:rolleyes: and no one will laugh at your misfortune:rolleyes::p.

You can borrow my oldish:rolleyes: tent if you wish:cool:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1395502869056592053PRMgZt

Or maybe you could sleep under the stars:eek:, from what I,ve heard it won,t be the first time:D

Polly
31-03-2009, 21:35
hia
If If If you really are going to struggle as you have just had your birthday maybe if you talk nicely to your friends and neighbours someone may even put you up for the night :eek::eek::eek::eek:

i might try and make a visit Friday evening if i am sorted Can't promise but I will definatly try and join you for the evening and stay tea total well actually coffee as i don't do tea:confused::confused:
but if not I WILL be thinking of you all

ajs
31-03-2009, 22:06
..... but the end result is I am still coming...............and if ajs starts taking the P**s then I am off to the pub

:rolleyes:... as if i would...:D

ohhh...:D.. :eek: pi**edmeself....:D

i have a spare room over the cab pleasuredicky... yer welcome to it :D:D

ohhhstopit:o... spilled the wiksey over me keyboard now :mad:

regards;)
ajs

Polly
31-03-2009, 22:11
Hia
I knew it Rick I thought someone out there would come to your aid and offer you accomadation for the weekend now remember best behavoiur no Farting and no snoring.
You and AJ would have a party with all the different whiskeys :eek::eek::eek:
I actually think you 2 would possible give up sleeping because you would be to busy drinking:D:D:D

grath
01-04-2009, 06:25
[QUOTE=tresrikay;53117]Disaster has struck.........:mad:I do not haveA M/H.....:eek:. I took my van in to the local Renault dealer on Monday to have the long standing judder sorted...... It needs a new gearbox and drive shaft.../QUOTE]

Hi Rick, I got rid of all the waffle in the quote:D:rolleyes:
but very sorry to hear of your van problems, we had no idea that Renault had this sort of problem :(:eek: judder gate:eek:
Thought it was confined to Fiat / Pegeot :confused:
Hope you get your pride & joy sorted out quickly and to your complete satisfaction.:) We might just see you at Hayfield yet, no promises though as it will be last minute decision

flashingblade
01-04-2009, 18:19
as well as the walking and climbing, i'm bringing along my mountain bike, just in case anyone is up for a little off roading !!
are there any walks arranged or would anyone like me to do a little digging to find a challenge for all legs ?
i'm sure by now, someone has a pub walk organised ( no names he-he )

tresrikay
01-04-2009, 19:15
Went round to the Renault dealers today to get some kit off it for Friday......and low and behold they had a gear box delivered this morning and the drive shaft should be here inthe morning:):) Do you think you could get it ready by friday, I asked.........:o Sharp intake of breath.... as they do. Give us a ring Friday morning we will know then.

Sooooooooooooooo I may yet be there in carpe, BUT the trip at easter which I thought Was dead in the water so i cancelled, and instead, so as not to dissapoint our Louis, booked us 3 days in Chavsville sands holiday park:eek::(, complete with 1,0000,0000 screaming kids, a caberet every night by Des Loonican and Chavs Aloud, :eek HELP!!!!:

Pioneer
01-04-2009, 19:30
as well as the walking and climbing, i'm bringing along my mountain bike, just in case anyone is up for a little off roading !!
are there any walks arranged or would anyone like me to do a little digging to find a challenge for all legs ?

Hi flashingblade,
my other half Angie is doing a lot of training for the across Wales Charity walk at the moment, and could do with a good 20mile walk this weekend. If you have anything in mind on that sort of distance? then feel free to organise. I myself would willingly do around 10-12 mile, maybe a loop walk? She needs to be walking everyday over the weekend, with one long walk as mentioned, we are arriving thursday.
See you at Hayfield.
Cheers, Bill.

Pioneer
01-04-2009, 19:36
Went round to the Renault dealers today to get some kit off it for Friday......and low and behold they had a gear box delivered this morning and the drive shaft should be here inthe morning:):) Do you think you could get it ready by friday, I asked.........:o Sharp intake of breath.... as they do. Give us a ring Friday morning we will know then.

Sooooooooooooooo I may yet be there in carpe, BUT the trip at easter which I thought Was dead in the water so i cancelled, and instead, so as not to dissapoint our Louis, booked us 3 days in Chavsville sands holiday park:eek::(, complete with 1,0000,0000 screaming kids, a caberet every night by Des Loonican and Chavs Aloud, :eek HELP!!!!:

Good news on the van Rick, not sure about all the screaming kids. I have some great earplugs, ask at the week-end.
My Puegeot is also going in on the 23rd April for a new Gearbox/clutch, rain ingress to the engine and an engine cover! It's only taken 18months!
I did threaten legal action on Monday and here we are getting sorted, my daughter is a lawyer so got some good advice.
See you friday.

zeezee16
01-04-2009, 19:55

Is that all you lot think about, going to the pub, drinking whiskey in the vans afterwards, you dont set a good example to the new people that are reading your messages.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK... Hope the pub doesnt shut too early, I think we have a bottle of Balvenie Doublewood, and a bottle of Black Bottle, hope someone has some chilled glasses.
We will be there about 6pm friday, I'm working till 3.30.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
01-04-2009, 20:20
Went round to the Renault dealers today to get some kit off it for Friday......and low and behold they had a gear box delivered this morning and the drive shaft should be here inthe morning:):) Do you think you could get it ready by friday, I asked..Give us a ring Friday morning we will know then.

No waffle, straight to the point:rolleyes: great news, :cool:we are both very pleased for you:cool::)

lenny
01-04-2009, 21:46
:) We might just see you at Hayfield yet, no promises though as it will be last minute decision[/QUOTE]

Hope you can make it Graham;),would be great to see you and Kath again:)

flashingblade
01-04-2009, 22:29
hi there bill. i will get a few loops arranged. found a decent 35km trek to edale already. i am setting off thurs night and wilding somewhere on route. i am definately up for some serious route marching. i will drop by when i get to site.
not sure about pubs, might have to drink corporation pop !

zeezee16
02-04-2009, 18:20
Hi scotsy,

Just booked over the phone, eventually. Its not cheap is it, considering there's no toilets/showers, Joan charged me £17 per night for the 2 of us, hope she got it wrong.
See you all there about 6pm friday.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
02-04-2009, 18:25
Guess what:confused: as if you will be surprised (I think not) :D:rolleyes:
ladytramp (Kath) is coming to Hayfield:cool::cool::cool:
and me of course:eek::eek::eek:
Booked today

tresrikay
02-04-2009, 19:14
Got a phone call at 4.45 today " your vans ready":eek:........ "what time do you close"......"5.30":mad:....... "oh I am working till 6"........." well the sales staff work till 7, so i will leave the keys with them":)..............Yippee:)..... So Bracey is back in his Talking tent..... and the Whisky palace will be Hayfield bound in the Morrow..... So thanks to all the offers ......I will still accept the Drams of course, see you all VERY soon, Glad you are comming Graham and Kath.

tresrikay
02-04-2009, 19:20
Just booked over the phone, eventually. Its not cheap is it, considering there's no toilets/showers, Joan charged me £17 per night for the 2 of us, hope she got it wrong.
Cheers, Pete.

There are toilets and showers at Hayfield,,,,,,,, Sure you have booked the right site?

Topic and Wanderer
02-04-2009, 19:43
Cheers, Pete.

Definately shouldn't be that much. For non-members it's £6.46 per person per night. Members £5.53 pppn. Have a look at the C&CC web site. Prices all on there.

messenger 2.5td
02-04-2009, 20:25
Sorry not able to make this meet taking grandaughter to Stanwix Park at Silloth.Look forward to reading the reports and seeing the photos next week,hope you all have a ball:);)Andy.

zeezee16
02-04-2009, 20:32
There are toilets and showers at Hayfield,,,,,,,, Sure you have booked the right site?

She said they were trying out a new system, and it didnt seem to be working right or something.
Not to worry, it will sort its self out in the end.
The reason I said no toilets & showers, I was going on the info we were given in the pub at the last meet, someone said it was a basic site with nothing on it, and you will need to be self sufficiant(did I spell that right).
Ah well, that means I dont have to bring as much bog roll, MMMmmm more space for the whiskey.
See you tomorow.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
02-04-2009, 20:35
Hayfield definitely has toilets and showers.:cool::cool::cool:
It does not have electricity or hard standings:(
Joan & Kevin are experienced motorhomers and know the site well enough not to park us where we may get stuck.:):)

grath
02-04-2009, 20:47
She said they were trying out a new system, and it didnt seem to be working right or something.

Cheers, Pete.

When we were at Conkers a couple of weeks ago the site managers had a little difficulty with the system:eek::eek:

ajs
02-04-2009, 22:28
:D

reeetup you lot :rolleyes:... make a space there if you please:p...
i'll be with you between 1 and 2pm:eek:

regards;)
aj

Oh... see iffin you can find me some hard standid fer the box van :o:)

lenny
02-04-2009, 23:01
:D

reeetup you lot :rolleyes:... make a space there if you please:p...
i'll be with you between 1 and 2pm:eek:

regards;)
aj

Oh... see iffin you can find me some hard standid fer the box van :o:)

Thanks for the warning jas:p, we,ll keep an eye oot for ya;):D

rebbyvid
04-04-2009, 18:15
Good turn out at hayfield too many vans to count but i'm sure someone will have
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF2052.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/rebbyvid/DSCF2055.jpg

Belgian
04-04-2009, 20:21
Waw,
Hayfield will surely be a succes :)
Have a drink for me. (and behave !)
(is that Lenny's jack on the left side of the last picture ?)
happy weekend friends,
Leo

Pioneer
05-04-2009, 16:02
Hi all,
would just like to thank all who attended the meet,and made us feel welcome, we had a great time as usual and will be at the closing meet later in the year. Everything from the site to the walking/pub/weather and members was spot on.
A special thanks from Angela to flashingblade, and to his mate Les for the time they spent in looking after us all on the walks, it will benefit her when she does her charity walk in June, although cream crackered now she will recover, and she hopes that the cross Wales walk will be a lot easier than going up Kinder.
Thanks also to the people that have donated some sponsorship for the walk, which is going to www.hopehouse.org.uk
Regards,
Angela and Bill.

robert b
05-04-2009, 16:49
we have arrived home safely after a wonderful time at hayfield the site and thanks to every one who made us welcome.

grath
05-04-2009, 17:48
Thanks Guys & Gals for a great meet and may we say it was very nice to meet you all and put a few more faces to names:cool::cool:
A couple of photo's with some of our vans, I believe that either 12 or 13 were ours.
Also a couple of pictures of the two brave guys and of course the dog, All 3 are in the process of a marathon walk to Northern Scotland in aid of cancer!
Good of them and best of luck:cool::cool:
Lastly, but not least, thanks to Joan & Kevin for been such great hosts and for the fantastic BBQ.
Hope all had a safe journey home:cool:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1915.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1921.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1926.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_1930.jpg

rebbyvid
05-04-2009, 18:24
Great weekend thanks to all
Looking forward to the next one
Rob

scotsy
05-04-2009, 18:52
Being newbies (only our 2nd time out) we were a little apprehensive about meeting a bunch of strangers but we were made very welcome by the 'wildcampers' on site. I just wish we had gone straight to the pub on Friday evening when we got there as it was Saturday morning before we really started to meet people.

We tagged along with 2 other couples for the 8 mile walk around the Kinder resevoir on Saturday but after doing 90% of the hard bit (Williams Clough) my wife Margaret's vertigo started to take hold and her fear forced us to leave the group and return down the Clough to the campsite. We had done about 2.5miles of mostly fairly steep ascent only to be thwarted at the last by her fear, i think she did really well though as she can't normally cross a bridge without 'gripping the handrail' for security. Thanks to 'topic and wanderer' (Hazel and Andrew) and their friends Pete, Terri and Molly the spaniel for being patient with us:rolleyes: (I think our Bailey tok a 'liking' to Molly:eek:)

The Hayfeild site is a credit to Joan and Kevin, immaculately kept and obviously well run:)

I am hopeless at remembering names so excuse me if i've forgot yours but the ones i can recall meeting are:-

lenny (lenny?)
pioneer (bill and angela)
tresrikay (rick)
ajs (andy)
rebbyvid (rob)
gra.. (graham)
..ath (kath)
topic (hazel?)
wanderer (andrew)
.......... (pete)
.......... (terri)
r a blenkinsop (alan and ?)
one stop (mark and di)
wints
telstar

the pic is as we left the others and headed back down Williams Clough towards the Hayfield site.

flashingblade
05-04-2009, 18:52
great to see so many people at hayfield. old friends and new.
sorry i couldn't say bye to you all, had to get off early, a quarry was calling and i still had a little energy left ( it soon ran out tho ).
shame we couldn't set up a local climb, another time.
thoroughly enjoyed myself and over did it poss ! next time....less miles and
more booze !!
ha

scotsy
05-04-2009, 19:01
We took a stroll down to Hayfield this morning and found these little fellows next to the memorial garden area...

lenny
05-04-2009, 19:17
Yet again a great weekend,I think there was 15 or 16 vans attended;),my apologies to Onestop and Topic and wanderer for not introducing myself:o.and anyone else I may have missed:).

Anyway,here,s a few nature pics to amuse you for now:rolleyes:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/05042009208_edited.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/03042009192.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009199.jpg

BTW. Jack seemed to take a liking to Bizzy in the pub beer garden:eek:

robert b
05-04-2009, 19:24
bizzy is now in a depressed state

nigel54
05-04-2009, 19:29
First time out with you wildcampers,and Fri/eve in the Sportsman,excellent.Nice site,nice weather and nice wildcampers, hope to see you all again, Judy&nigel54.

grath
05-04-2009, 19:31
Hey Lenny,
I see jack is still been jack the Lad:D:D:D

grath
05-04-2009, 19:34
First time out with you wildcampers,and Fri/eve in the Sportsman,excellent.Nice site,nice weather and nice wildcampers, hope to see you all again, Judy&nigel54.

Sorry Nigel, I am not sure if we meet:confused::confused::confused:

lenny
05-04-2009, 19:39
Sorry Nigel, I am not sure if we meet:confused::confused::confused:

Me neither:o, sorry Nigel;), I wish I was,nt so shy:eek::D:cool:

grath
05-04-2009, 19:43
By the way!! the walkers that I mentioned above with photographs, I believe that the guy on the left is over 70 years of age and the guy on the right is over 80 years of age:)
Well done to both of them, they put us to shame:(:(:o:o:o:o
edit.
kath tells me I have the ages wrong...... Sorry:o
I think that the guy on the left si nearly 70 and the guy on the right over 70 and the doggy is Sheba:):)

cipro
05-04-2009, 19:55
WOW WOW what a great success I bet the pub never new what hit them
glad everthing was swell

ladytramp
05-04-2009, 20:19
I've had a great time this weekend thanks to all. All pictures are great, nice to meet you all and sorry to people I didn't meet, but there is always a next time.!!
I've now got to go and wash my jacket after Jack's Friday night attempt to get intimate with my sleeve!!!!!!!!:)

robert b
05-04-2009, 20:20
glad you got home safe as to all the others who attended .

lenny
05-04-2009, 20:33
By the way!! the walkers that I mentioned above with photographs, I believe that the guy on the left is over 70 years of age and the guy on the right is over 80 years of age
Well done to both of them, they put us to shame:(:(:o:o:o:o

I managed to cadge a print off of their route and timetable with grid refs.:rolleyes: and I hope to meet up with them as they pass our way;),and maybe even join them on a stretch of their journey.:)

Truly Amazing Men (and Dog):cool:

grath
05-04-2009, 20:38
I managed to cadge a print off of their route and timetable with grid refs.:rolleyes: and I hope to meet up with them as they pass our way;),and maybe even join them on a stretch of their journey.:)

Truly Amazing Men (and Dog):cool:

HI Lenny, after you went, they told me that as you had shown interest in meeting them again, they would like you to join them for a couple of days and they will keep Joan informed of their locations. Maybe you should contact Joan.
Hope this helps:)

Pioneer
05-04-2009, 20:50
Me neither:o, sorry Nigel;), I wish I was,nt so shy:eek::D:cool:

Hi Lenny, your jack's not shy looking at your pics:D

lenny
05-04-2009, 21:12
Three more pics to share:rolleyes:;):)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009195.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009203.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009204.jpg

I,ve got one more but I thought I,d save it till Ajs (Andy) returns:rolleyes::D

Hazy-thoughts
05-04-2009, 22:00
Looks like all those that attended had a fantastic time, Sorry we couldnt make it, but hopefully before the end of the year we will get to one of these meets :)

lenny
05-04-2009, 22:00
I think a special mention should go to our friends , Weez,(Tony,Wilma and linda) who travelled over 300 miles:eek: to join us:).
along with further family members the next day;).
In fact, I was so impressed that I used my phsycic powers to ensure that Linda would win the Grand National Sweepstake that I organised (Non Profit:rolleyes:) to offset fuel costs;)

Thanks to all others that contributed:D

BTW. I think mine is still running:eek::p

kimbowbill
06-04-2009, 00:40
sorry i didnt make the meet, no tax no travel,

Telstar
06-04-2009, 12:11
Another great weekend here. Best site managers I've come across. Nice to meet old and new friends. Great to see ONE photo from above the site. I'm sure there would have been more if people had memory cards in the camera!

Looking forward to your missing photo Lenny. I wonder if it was the most popular one taken this weekend. If not, it will be the most remembered by some people. I just wish I had been there with the video camera, £250 would have been mine.

Back there for the May Queen. Just hope Joan booked us in for the right weekend.

Jon and Pam

ajs
06-04-2009, 18:20

back safe 6pm...anyone interested in buying a garmin:confused:

OI... benny... how much did yer make on the national draw eh... eh.:confused:
free tank of juice and i'll keep quiet :D

445 miles covered while i was up there ... shattered i is :eek:... you bunch of wuss's only did 1/2 dozen or so ...and 1/2 of them was te pub and back :D

anyhoo... great weekend... pitty it's over, enjoyed every minute
despite treasuredicky's attempts at get me pithed again :rolleyes:
he's a bad lad :D
saw him this mornin just setting off on a hike... all the kit, stick the lot
notices it was just on opening time.... i said nuffin ;)

pics later :rolleyes:

regards;)
aj

grath
06-04-2009, 18:23
I think these are the user names of the Hayfield meet attendees.
In alphabetical order
AJS
Billyb666
Flashing Blade
Grath
Ladytramp
Lenny
Nigel/54
Pioneer
R A Blenkinsop
Rebbyvid
Scotsy
Topic & Wanderer
Talking Tent (non member)
Tresrikay
Wee-z
Wints
Zee Zee 16

also non member
Flashing Blades mate who parked his van up the road
A total of 15 vans plus one non member up the road (wilding):D
And not forgetting all the wives :)and girlfriends:) and also all the pets:cool:

If this is wrong, please correct me

lenny
06-04-2009, 18:26
One last photo to share:rolleyes:, I,m sure Andy (Ajs) will recognise this one:eek:, I,ll leave it to him to explain;):o:D:cool:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009202.jpg

Sorry Andy;)

robert b
06-04-2009, 18:37
nice one lenny

grath
06-04-2009, 19:07
Just shows the importance of not relying on a sat nav:eek::eek:
Not got one and probably never will:D:D:D

zeezee16
06-04-2009, 19:56
Hi Lenny,
great weekend again, you promised I would win the sweep, thats twice youv'e conned me out of money.
If you can, let me know where the 2 men & a dog will be on friday, saturday & sunday night, we might have a ride out to see how they are doing, if your there, you can buy me a pint with all the money youv'e made over the last 2 meets.
Talking to Bill & Brian on sunday morning, there's talk of an overland trip to CHINA, if your on 3 days, youv'e got plenty of time on your hands.
Cheers, Pete.

zeezee16
06-04-2009, 19:59
Another great weekend here. Best site managers I've come across. Nice to meet old and new friends. Great to see ONE photo from above the site. I'm sure there would have been more if people had memory cards in the camera!

Looking forward to your missing photo Lenny. I wonder if it was the most popular one taken this weekend. If not, it will be the most remembered by some people. I just wish I had been there with the video camera, £250 would have been mine.

Back there for the May Queen. Just hope Joan booked us in for the right weekend.

Jon and Pam
Memory card, did someone do a walk taking hundreds of pics, and forget to put the memory card in.
Come on, Name & Shame.........
Cheers, Pete.

BillyB666
06-04-2009, 20:12
We had a fantastic time at the weekend ( Even if I was more asthmatic alpacca than mountain goat on the walk) Great to see everyone old & new

Re the memory card , I can't hold in any longer..... it was Marie ..... honest Gov :( :( :( :( :(

BTW There's a Unimog on ebay - ready to rock & roll.

Great Wall or Bust

B

Topic and Wanderer
06-04-2009, 20:14
Just wanted to ditto all the comments about Hayfield Weekend. Great Site, great scenery and walks, fantastic weather and as for the wardens - so helpful and welcoming. In all BRILL WEEKEND. Many thanks to all who arranged.

lenny
06-04-2009, 20:42
Hi Lenny,
great weekend again, you promised I would win the sweep, thats twice youv'e conned me out of money.
If you can, let me know where the 2 men & a dog will be on friday, saturday & sunday night, we might have a ride out to see how they are doing, if your there, you can buy me a pint with all the money youv'e made over the last 2 meets.
Talking to Bill & Brian on sunday morning, there's talk of an overland trip to CHINA, if your on 3 days, youv'e got plenty of time on your hands.
Cheers, Pete.

Hiya Pete, The two lads and there Dog will be in Malham (SD898632) on Friday, Horton in Ribblesdale (SD809722) on Saturday and Hawes (SD879894) on Sunday Where they will be taking a day off on Monday.
Hope to join them at some point over the weekend:)

ajs
06-04-2009, 23:22
One last photo to share, I,m sure Andy (Ajs) will recognise this one, I,ll leave it to him to explain

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/04042009202.jpg

Sorry Andy

Yes Benny… fanks:p….this is where my satnave took me:o
But
That’s were I told it to take me…yer see… bein a numpty…when I found the place on Google earth
I saw this road from hayfield leading right into the site:confused: …valley road

So.. I plotted it as a waypoint in map-source and downloaded it to the garmin:cool:

Imagine my sprise on reaching this point in the pic in a vehicle 40ft long:eek:

It took an hour for 2 of us to get me turned round and back on track.:mad:

Now then… which disorganiser who knew the site said ont forum…

"BTW… don’t go up valley road"…..

I wonder:rolleyes: ..( he set me up didn’t eh. eh..... bet he did ):rolleyes:

Regards:D
aj

wints
07-04-2009, 16:45
I think these are the user names of the Hayfield meet attendees.
In alphabetical order
AJS
Billyb666
Flashing Blade
Grath
Ladytramp
Lenny
Nigel/54
Pioneer
R A Blenkinsop
Rebbyvid
Scotsy
Topic & Wanderer
Talking Tent (non member)
Tresrikay
Wee-z
Zee Zee 16

also non member
Flashing Blades mate who parked his van up the road
A total of 14 vans plus one non member up the road (wilding):D
And not forgetting all the wives :)and girlfriends:) and also all the pets:cool:

If this is wrong, please correct me

Correction (omission) incoming !!!

We were there (wints, allen & eileen), or were we just a mirage ?
Great w/e, fat Les (his description) guided a great walk over Kinder.
Now back on line minus the entire contents of my documents / pictures folder after hard drive failure. I will back-up in future, I will back-up in fu.........honest.

Anybody up for the C&CC meet in Bridlington over next two weeks ? We're going.

regards
Allen

grath
07-04-2009, 17:38

Now back on line minus the entire contents of my documents / pictures folder after hard drive failure. I will back-up in future, I will back-up in fu.........honest.

regards
Allen
Thanks wints, sorry :(:o did we meet or was I too pi**ed to remember:D:D:o
Which was your M/H:confused:

grath
07-04-2009, 18:00
Thanks wints, sorry :(:o did we meet or was I too pi**ed to remember:D:D:o
Which was your M/H:confused:

I bet you are the guy that I was talking to most of the night and parked opposite us:o:o:D:D:

rebbyvid
07-04-2009, 18:18
Think you will find they were down near me Graham in the Mirage
Rob

grath
07-04-2009, 18:31
Think you will find they were down near me Graham in the Mirage
Rob

Thanks Rob, wints was on-line when I posted.:confused:
I don't think I met them:confused::(

tresrikay
07-04-2009, 18:40
Back at last after an amazing few days, It was so weird on Sunday night with just a few vans left on the site.
This morning before we left I showed Joan how to get on the site, she says if she posts she will be Miss Hayfield, so keep a look out.

Beware ..... Andy (Ajs) has got a satnav on his malt bottle, which this weekend had my co-ordinates on it. Sunday was hangover day:(:o:confused:

Thanks again to all you lovely wildcampers for making the weekend so memorable.

zeezee16
07-04-2009, 19:25
We had a fantastic time at the weekend ( Even if I was more asthmatic alpacca than mountain goat on the walk) Great to see everyone old & new

Re the memory card , I can't hold in any longer..... it was Marie ..... honest Gov :( :( :( :( :(

BTW There's a Unimog on ebay - ready to rock & roll.

Great Wall or Bust

B

Can I have the bust please.....

zeezee16
07-04-2009, 19:32

regards
Allen

Hi Allen, try doing a search for Recuva Wizard. We lost all ours too, but managed to get about half of them back.
Cheers, Pete.

grath
07-04-2009, 19:41
Anyway folks, this last meet was a very far cry from only a year ago when we struggled to get 5 vans :eek: and before that we struggled to get 3:eek::eek::eek:
Well done folks:cool::cool:

Belgian
07-04-2009, 20:47
..... and you are all lucky that this belgian din't have the breath for such a long swim to get there ....:confused::eek::D
A continental meet someday, somehow, somewhere ??:confused:

ajs
07-04-2009, 23:31
Beware ..... Andy (Ajs) has got a satnav on his malt bottle,
which this weekend had my co-ordinates on it. Sunday was hangover day:(:o:confused:

lightweight...:rolleyes:

aj

nigel54
08-04-2009, 19:49
The Wints,you were a Mirage, but then again you were,nt.I saw a Mirage before me on my arrival at Hayfield.It was the same Mirage that I saw in June 08 down in France.Me and her indoors will be in Brid during Easter,so who knows! I may see another Mirage,happy travelling. nigel54.

nigel54
08-04-2009, 19:54
Hi Belgian, continental meet, good idea, nigel54.

rebbyvid
08-04-2009, 23:58
Go for it Belgian i would be up for that one
Rob

Wee-z
11-04-2009, 11:27
Hi to all at Hayfield
Just got home from weekend.Great site .Kevin and Joan were marvellous
We did meet Wints parked just across from us.
it was a Mirage:)
enjoyed our little walk into village and round the top path above the site.
Great grandson Daniel enjoyed the trip in his pram . Great grand daughter Rebecca kept us under control.
It was fascinating talking to the chaps who were recording the Toads mating outside the site gates apparently that was the 8-10 days of the year there is a mass movement across that area.
Nice to put some names and faces together, only met Rick as we were driving off site.
I'll see if any photos have come out later
PS Thanks to all for donation to fuel costs, pity we did not have a bet on:(:D

weez
Tony:(

Belgian
11-04-2009, 17:15
Go for it Belgian i would be up for that one
Rob
If there is enough response I'll could arrange something for next year or maybe this autumn. Not too many possibilities in Belgium (maybe the Ardennes) nor Holland though. I'm thinking of the Mosel-valley in Germany.
Or perhaps on a cider/calvados orchard in Normandy. Any other ideas or suggestions ? :confused:
What will it be: beer, wine or calvados ? :cool::confused:

cipro
11-04-2009, 19:42
If there is enough response I'll could arrange something for next year or maybe this autumn. Not too many possibilities in Belgium (maybe the Ardennes) nor Holland though. I'm thinking of the Mosel-valley in Germany.
Or perhaps on a cider/calvados orchard in Normandy. Any other ideas or suggestions ? :confused:

How about an aires in France :confused::confused: then bring all of them and chocolate

nowhereman
11-04-2009, 19:50

How about beer then wine, and finish with calvados:D

Belgian
11-04-2009, 20:39
I'll open a new thread: Continental meet.
See you there
Leo

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS