PDA

View Full Version : Northants camping.

jeffos
18-09-2015, 18:26
Hi all,

I`m new to this site and have a question to ask. I`m planning on living in a motorhome, maybe from next year, and am wondering on where I could stay on a semi permanent basis around the Northampton area, as I will still be working - not rich and never will be ! Maybe a farm or a quietish campsite, anywhere really. Would like access to electric + water and that`s about it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

izwozral
19-09-2015, 09:56
Hi & welcome,

The best thing to do is to become a full member for 20 to get access to the poi's. Good luck.

Deleted user 21925
19-09-2015, 11:44
You may well be able to find a CS or CL with basic facilities for as little as 5 per night for a long term booking.

jagmanx
19-09-2015, 13:00
Your Insurance quote may rocket in these circumstances.

Suggest you check

IJenk52
20-09-2015, 07:15
Daughter lives in Northampton so I've used these cs/cl in the area.
Nearest is Sandy Hill Farm NN3 7UZ, but also used Glebe meadow fisheries NN8 1RL and Artingworth Lodge LE16 8JU when the others are full. If you google them you should be able to find their details or look on The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk)
Reading your post I would say Glebe Meadow might suit best as their seemed to be people working from there, also very laid back and friendly.
Sorry I don't remember the costs, but for long stays you'd be negotiating (cash?) anyway.

Good luck

jeffos
22-09-2015, 08:18
Daughter lives in Northampton so I've used these cs/cl in the area.
Nearest is Sandy Hill Farm NN3 7UZ, but also used Glebe meadow fisheries NN8 1RL and Artingworth Lodge LE16 8JU when the others are full. If you google them you should be able to find their details or look on The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK (http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk)
Reading your post I would say Glebe Meadow might suit best as their seemed to be people working from there, also very laid back and friendly.
Sorry I don't remember the costs, but for long stays you'd be negotiating (cash?) anyway.

Good luck

Hi, thank you for your information, very helpful. I've stayed on Glebe before, around 3-4 years ago. Did you by any chance stay there on a narrow boat back around that time?

jeffos
22-09-2015, 08:32
Thank you for all the other replies as well. Especially the insurance one ;)

jim dalton
22-09-2015, 09:17
Might try giving Barry or clive a ring at Blackthorne Lake Marina, they do allow vans on site for periods, not sure of cost tho

IJenk52
22-09-2015, 11:15
Never been on a narrow boat! they have no brakes and a shower is enough water for me!
(Unless its in a whisky!):)

jeffos
22-09-2015, 17:37
That`s a shame, by some miracle I was hoping you were someone I met once.

Narrowboats look to me like living in a corridor, every time I turn round, I knock something else over !! Sorry - bang, sorry - bang, GET OFF MY BOAT !!! I can`t I`m stuck in the doorway and I`m not even fat !! :)

neildenise
22-09-2015, 17:41
hi you could try glebe farm sywell NN6 0AW some friends of mine stayed there for about 9 months it is a cl but there is a separate place for fulltimers phone no 01604 643321 hope it all goes well.

jeffos
22-09-2015, 17:42
Might try giving Barry or clive a ring at Blackthorne Lake Marina, they do allow vans on site for periods, not sure of cost tho

Thank you, I`ll keep it in mind.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS