PDA

View Full Version : Stolen van

Croftland1
01-10-2015, 20:00
A friend of mine has lost his beloved camper. Please keep an ear to the ground for him and his family.
Stolen from Blackpool on Monday night.

Croftland1
01-10-2015, 20:13
He bought it after getting the all clear from cancer, as a new lease of life and he has just broken his daughter's heart by telling her that someone has taken her camper.

st3v3
01-10-2015, 20:17
Sh1t news, hope he gets back to normal quickly!

Where was it stolen from? Home/away?

Croftland1
01-10-2015, 20:33
Where was it stolen from? Home/away?
It was taken from outside his house

st3v3
01-10-2015, 20:40
It was taken from outside his house

Bugger.

izwozral
01-10-2015, 22:43
What a shame, fingers crossed for a happy outcome.

jeanette
01-10-2015, 23:09
I do hope that it has a happy ending for them and they get it back quickly

Herbenny
02-10-2015, 04:50
I do hope they get it returned to them. Keeping my fingers crossed for them :wave:

izwozral
02-10-2015, 07:36
Every time I read of someones MH being stolen, - [there has been three reports just this week on this forum] - it makes me think on how I would feel if it were mine that was stolen. In the past I have had two work vans, two cars and a motorbike stolen, how I felt then just wouldn't compare if my MH disappeared, I would be beyond anger & way beyond upset.
We all invest so much time & money into our MH's but more than anything, we invest so much emotion into it, all the beautiful places we visit, all the fantastic kindred spirited people we meet and all the wonderful happy memories the MH gives us.

Yup, I would be pretty devastated, my heart goes out to poor people this has happened to.

channa
02-10-2015, 07:45
Every time I read of someones MH being stolen, - [there has been three reports just this week on this forum] - it makes me think on how I would feel if it were mine that was stolen. In the past I have had two work vans, two cars and a motorbike stolen, how I felt then just wouldn't compare if my MH disappeared, I would be beyond anger & way beyond upset.
We all invest so much time & money into our MH's but more than anything, we invest so much emotion into it, all the beautiful places we visit, all the fantastic kindred spirited people we meet and all the wonderful happy memories the MH gives us.

Yup, I would be pretty devastated, my heart goes out to poor people this has happened to.

My heart too goes out. Thankfully never had a vehicle stolen but a few years back burgaled whilst on holiday. A horrible feeling of invasion of ones privacy. People work hard for what they have got often doing jobs they detest but its what they do. Fo rsome scrote ot steal is terrible.

Channa

izwozral
02-10-2015, 09:48
Whilst I was working in London our house was broken into & all my wife's jewellery was taken, much of which held sentimental value. My wife Izzy returned home after a late shift & instantly knew someone had been in the house, it was when she went to the bedroom that she discovered we had been burgled.
Izzy kept it from me until I returned home a fortnight later, not wanting me to stress over it!
Later, she told me she felt like she had been raped, believe me, my wife doesn't make outlandish statements, it was the sense of violation that made her choose those words.
We never felt secure in that house ever again & would always say, nearing home after a few days away - "I hope the house is ok".

channa
02-10-2015, 09:59
Whilst I was working in London our house was broken into & all my wife's jewellery was taken, much of which held sentimental value. My wife Izzy returned home after a late shift & instantly knew someone had been in the house, it was when she went to the bedroom that she discovered we had been burgled.
Izzy kept it from me until I returned home a fortnight later, not wanting me to stress over it!
Later, she told me she felt like she had been raped, believe me, my wife doesn't make outlandish statements, it was the sense of violation that made her choose those words.
We never felt secure in that house ever again & would always say, nearing home after a few days away - "I hope the house is ok".
I can empathise with that, my wife was more distressed someone had been through the bedroom and in drawers where underwear was kept ...a real personal violation. Thankfully we caught ours !!!...and before the police !!...

Channa

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS