PDA

View Full Version : overnight charge

Drifter1
11-10-2015, 11:26
Went up to Brecon for the weekend parked up in the promenade car park still ok for overnighting but charge 6.80 a night 3.20 for the day.

Steveyates02
11-10-2015, 12:49
Went up to Brecon for the weekend parked up in the promenade car park still ok for overnighting but charge 6.80 a night 3.20 for the day.

not sure that's as good as you think for this time of the Year you could go on a farm site have the place to yourself for the same price (Just saying) last time I said something like this I got my head chewed off lol

Obanboy666
11-10-2015, 13:01
not sure that's as good as you think for this time of the Year you could go on a farm site have the place to yourself for the same price (Just saying) last time I said something like this I got my head chewed off lol

Agree, I'm on a CS tonight at Penrith @ 10.00. Scenic location, water and toilet.

Drifter1
12-10-2015, 09:27
I thought it was a bit steep to,went up last year 3.00 all day. after 6pm free,just to let you know price rise.

oldish hippy
12-10-2015, 12:15
so it free turnup after 6 stay till midnight drive round the block and come back in then pay for a day simples saved yourself 3-60

Pauljenny
12-10-2015, 16:44
so it free turnup after 6 stay till midnight drive round the block and come back in then pay for a day simples saved yourself 3-60

You're not from Yorkshire, are you?
Cheaper still if you leave the van at home and live in a 'ole in 't road :)

Penny13
12-10-2015, 17:15
I think you have paid the lorry 3.5 ton charge ! You are a campervan :)

Penny13
12-10-2015, 17:20
Also no one checks the car parks at night :)

POI Admin
12-10-2015, 17:33
I think you have paid the lorry 3.5 ton charge ! You are a campervan :)

This link takes you to the car park charges:

Car Park Charges (http://www.powys.gov.uk/en/roads-transport-and-parking/find-a-car-park/car-park-charges/)

It is unclear from this what charge applies to a motorhome. If you take it as a PLGV or PHGV maybe the 6.30 overnight charge does apply ...

Penny13
13-10-2015, 10:22

witzend
13-10-2015, 10:40
Motorhome only needs a car MOT so must be classed as a car No way can it be Goods

John Thompson
13-10-2015, 11:12
When I queried the 'over 3 tonnes' rate they told me that motorhomes need only pay it if they take up more than one bay, regardless of weight.

Please find attached schedule of car parks suitable for motor home users in Powys unfortunately this isn't detailed on the website.
With regards to additional services we don't at present provide any.

Powys County Council
Charges at Long-Stay P&D car parks
Suitable for Motorhomes.

Charges
Up to 1hr
Up to 2hrs
Up to 4hrs
Over 4hrs
Overnight

Vehs. up to 3t
Nil/5.00*

Vehs. over 3t
Nil/5.00*
* Overnight Rates charged at Llanidloes, Newtown and Welshpool
Note: Overnight parking allowed 1 night in 7.

Peter Lewis (CSP - Transportation & Development Enablement) [mailto : peter.lewis@powys.gov.uk]

Penny13
13-10-2015, 14:35
John that is only prices not car parks that allow MH ?
We have parked at a couple with no problem only taking one space ...

John Thompson
14-10-2015, 06:11
John that is only prices not car parks that allow MH ?
We have parked at a couple with no problem only taking one space ...

This is the list
Brecon
Coach/Lorry Park (Canal Rd); Promenade; The Watton CPs

Builth Wells
The Groe; Smithfield CPs

Crickhowell
Beaufort Street CP

Hay-on-Wye
Oxford Road CP

Knighton
Bowling Green Lane CP

Llandrindod Wells
High Street CP

Llanidloes
Mount Street CP

Machynlleth
Maengwyn Street CP

Newtown
Back Lane; Gravel CPs

Presteigne
Hereford Street; High Street CPs

Rhayader
Dark Lane CP

Welshpool
Berriew Street; Church Street CPs

John Thompson
14-10-2015, 06:29
Motorhome only needs a car MOT so must be classed as a car No way can it be Goods

Motorhomes (no matter how big they are), are Passenger vehicles. Category M1 = 4 or more wheel vehicle with seats for up to 8 passengers plus the driver. This is the same category all other cars. M2 and M3 are Buses and Coaches.

Goods vehicles are category N.

There is some confusion because of the 1984/88 Road Traffic Act which authorises TROs specifies "Motor Car" and "Heavy Motor Car" and does not differentiate between passenger and goods vehicles. These Acts need up dating, to take into account the EC definitions which the UK government has now adopted. Local Authority legislation drafters simply copy from the old Acts at the best, or make up their own definitions in the case of a lot of authorities that have created a "Camping Vehicle" or "Sleeping Vehicle" category in their TROs.

Once a TRO is signed off, it is law.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS