PDA

View Full Version : Durham downs Bristol

Mike Young
05-11-2015, 09:09
Greetings all,
We use the Parry's lane POI on a regular basis while visiting Bristol and have on location run short on water.

There are a couple of public toilets on the downs that we've used to top up, neither are easy but are an option.

This one requires the use of a watering can or other receptacle(not a hose) and involves roughly a 100 yard walk. The tap is below the auto hand wash unit in the ladies side only. We assume it is for the cleaners to fill a bucket. I send my wife in to fill the can and then I do the carrying.

51.469920, 2.635365

This one is similar but is much more difficult to park, although if you can get parked it is a shorter walk! It very much depends on the time of day. 51.471761, 2.617693

Both places are closed overnight, sorry I forgot to take a note of the times

Ps. the title should read Durdham downs, blasted spellchecker !

POI Admin
05-11-2015, 15:08
Thanks for the information.

I have added the first to the POIs, but please clarify about the second. Is there a tap or is it just handbasin taps?

Incidentally the coordinates given are not quite correct. The longitude should be negative in both cases ...

Mike Young
05-11-2015, 15:56
Thanks for the information.

I have added the first to the POIs, but please clarify about the second. Is there a tap or is it just handbasin taps?

Incidentally the coordinates given are not quite correct. The longitude should be negative in both cases ...

The second is a cleaners bucket sink in the ladies with a normal tap

POI Admin
05-11-2015, 17:21
Thank you :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS