PDA

View Full Version : farewell to my old van

mandrake
01-12-2015, 07:25
well a sad time realy ,my old van seems to have gone to the big wild camp in the sky .i had a bedford cf compas drifter for about 6 years but decided to sell her about 6 years ago big mistake ,anyway she headed of to bristol with a new owner then 18 months or so later appeared on ebay and sold to someone i belive in cornwall anyway i used to keep track of her via some sites on the net namely dvla car check and mid database .anyway a couple of years back she was listed on dvla as sorn without mot but still insured on mid ,untill now dvla says not taxed and mid has no insurance cover on her ah well seems like farewell to my trusty old beddy a955hdh

Tbear
01-12-2015, 08:34
well a sad time realy ,my old van seems to have gone to the big wild camp in the sky .i had a bedford cf compas drifter for about 6 years but decided to sell her about 6 years ago big mistake ,anyway she headed of to bristol with a new owner then 18 months or so later appeared on ebay and sold to someone i belive in cornwall anyway i used to keep track of her via some sites on the net namely dvla car check and mid database .anyway a couple of years back she was listed on dvla as sorn without mot but still insured on mid ,untill now dvla says not taxed and mid has no insurance cover on her ah well seems like farewell to my trusty old beddy a955hdh

Defiantly time you replaced her then. :)

Richard

mandrake
01-12-2015, 10:37
keep saying i am going to get another ,but with the grandkids needing three point belts in the back got to keep looking for one at a decent price most are just a bit too dear for me .

Deleted user 21925
01-12-2015, 11:31
keep saying i am going to get another ,but with the grandkids needing three point belts in the back got to keep looking for one at a decent price most are just a bit too dear for me .

You can pick up Bongo's for reasonable money. They also suffice as an everyday car as well.

trevskoda
01-12-2015, 11:42

Build one like mine rather that sit here wasting time talking to twits like me.:idea:iv seen these as low as 4 grand.

mandrake
01-12-2015, 14:42
You can pick up Bongo's for reasonable money. They also suffice as an everyday car as well.

i have a seat alhambra at the moment ,its surprizing how much room there is in it when you remove the seats .would be ok for the od weekend in the summer .as soon as i can get rid of the beemer it will give me room on the drive and a few quid to spend

rockape
01-12-2015, 15:31
well a sad time realy ,my old van seems to have gone to the big wild camp in the sky .i had a bedford cf compas drifter for about 6 years but decided to sell her about 6 years ago big mistake ,anyway she headed of to bristol with a new owner then 18 months or so later appeared on ebay and sold to someone i belive in cornwall anyway i used to keep track of her via some sites on the net namely dvla car check and mid database .anyway a couple of years back she was listed on dvla as sorn without mot but still insured on mid ,untill now dvla says not taxed and mid has no insurance cover on her ah well seems like farewell to my trusty old beddy a955hdhI had a CF 30 plus years ago as a self build, as a body it was a lovely drive , I made a hammock over the cab for my 2 kiddies top to tail and they loved it . Sorry to see it go

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS