PDA

View Full Version : Wellingborough, Northants

Hazy-thoughts
03-01-2009, 18:10
Evening all, anyone know of anywhere in or close to Wellingborough Northants That me and the good lady can park up unmolested for the night :confused: :confused: :)

Pm if you prefer

Cheers

Danthevan
07-01-2009, 21:53
As you approach Wellingborough, from Northampton, on the A4500, 1/4 mile before a village called Wilby, is a layby, where I have seen vans parked up for the night.
I have never tried it myself, though.
It is on a funny single lane dual carriageway, and I HAVE got that right!

grath
07-01-2009, 22:04
From the M1 turn onto the A14 and turn off and left at the first junction.
There is a set back layby after a couple of miles.
Never overnighted there but frequently stop with a truck

mandrake
07-01-2009, 22:08
From the M1 turn onto the A14 and turn off and left at the first junction.
There is a set back layby after a couple of miles.
Never overnighted there but frequently stop with a truck

usually a layby with a truck or two on are safe bets, but then again we have no probs stopping on one (the layby i mean)

Brighton Tim
09-05-2011, 21:51
As you approach Wellingborough, from Northampton, on the A4500, 1/4 mile before a village called Wilby, is a layby, where I have seen vans parked up for the night.
I have never tried it myself, though.
It is on a funny single lane dual carriageway, and I HAVE got that right!

make sure you go beyond earls barton or you will be on the mother of all hills!

Lloyd Johnson
19-10-2011, 16:47
On the A45 Eastbound, just after the turning for Great Billing and Billing Aquadrome, is an Esso garage with a free overnight truck stop behind. Apart from the 24hr garage, there is also a transport cafe called Scoffers on the site. Quite secure as the truckstop is not visible from the carriageway and well used by truckers. Unfortunately there is no truckstop on the Westbound carriageway, just a garage,

Lloyd

Canalsman
19-10-2011, 19:02
On the A45 Eastbound, just after the turning for Great Billing and Billing Aquadrome, is an Esso garage with a free overnight truck stop behind. Apart from the 24hr garage, there is also a transport cafe called Scoffers on the site. Quite secure as the truckstop is not visible from the carriageway and well used by truckers. Unfortunately there is no truckstop on the Westbound carriageway, just a garage,

Lloyd

Thanks for the suggestion - I've it to the POI Downloads :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS