View Full Version : Forth road bridge

Tezza
04-12-2015, 14:36

NeilyG
04-12-2015, 15:29
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/2121nSnm04L.jpg

Yogihughes
04-12-2015, 16:12
Bridge reported to be closed until The New Year!!!

NeilyG
04-12-2015, 18:56
And they've already started building a new bridge next to it. The news was saying that, well, it's 50 years old now, as if that's long enough - while you can see the 125 year old rail bridge in the background.

I've heard their are serious problems with all suspension bridges around the world because the cables holding them up are all decaying much quicker than expected and it's impossible to replace them - basically, it seems to be a very flawed technology.

runnach
04-12-2015, 19:26
And they've already started building a new bridge next to it. The news was saying that, well, it's 50 years old now, as if that's long enough - while you can see the 125 year old rail bridge in the background.

I've heard their are serious problems with all suspension bridges around the world because the cables holding them up are all decaying much quicker than expected and it's impossible to replace them - basically, it seems to be a very flawed technology.

Agreed, something is not right.

We had a discussion about road bridge this very afternoon, talk of metal fatigue and decay, corrosion, etc. I actually have at work, various metal parts that were removed from rail bridge early 90's. I had been up on bridge when RigBlast asked for advice on crack repairs. I use these parts for student underpinning knowledge of various types of corrosion and, there are sub surface flaws, which are identifiable with MPI and Dye Pen.

Rail Bridge cantilever design, does allow sustainable repairs. Age of Bridge confirms this.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS