PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse Farm

lenny
04-01-2009, 19:20
Just found this cheap and cheerfull site near Doncaster;), could be an Ideal base for a Yorkshire meet:rolleyes:,open all year, only 6 per night w/o EHU, pubs and shops within walking distance;):)

http://www.mutexsolutions.co.uk/WhiteHouseFarm/index.htm

Anyone want to volunteer as organiser??:rolleyes::cool:

Belgian
04-01-2009, 20:04
Just found this cheap and cheerfull site near Doncaster;), could be an Ideal base for a Yorkshire meet:rolleyes:,open all year, only 6 per night w/o EHU, pubs and shops within walking distance;):)

Nice find Lenny,
I'll come over when the North Sea freezes up (shouldn't be too long I guess)
:D;):D

lenny
04-01-2009, 20:16
Nice find Lenny,
I'll come over when the North Sea freezes up (shouldn't be too long I guess)
:D;):D

LOL:pYou,re so right Leo, had a walk today with Jack along the North East coastline and the NE wind was as bitter as I,ve ever known:( (I had to snap him off a tree):eek::D, wont be long till he,s chasing penguins down the beach:eek::D

Geoff.W
04-01-2009, 20:33
Nice looking site, with something for the kids (big & small) to do. First go on the zip wire for me.

Anyone want to volunteer as organiser??:rolleyes::cool:[/QUOTE]

Thats you duly volunteered and appointed then Lenny.;)

Polly
04-01-2009, 20:39
Hia
WELL Vontered Lenny
You don't half get about don't yoy.
Do you think I could find my way to this meet you are organising:D:D:D

Polly
04-01-2009, 20:40
Sorry about the spelling looks like the wine is hitting home:D:D:D

lenny
04-01-2009, 21:36
Nice looking site, with something for the kids (big & small) to do. First go on the zip wire for me.

Thats you duly volunteered and appointed then Lenny.;)[/QUOTE]

I,d be happy to:o, I just thought one of the local natives would like to have a go:rolleyes:,we,ll give It a week or so and if we get no takers then I,ll take it on;)

Belgian
04-01-2009, 21:47
LOL:pYou,re so right Leo, had a walk today with Jack along the North East coastline and the NE wind was as bitter as I,ve ever known:( (I had to snap him off a tree), wont be long till he,s chasing penguins down the beach
Do you still believe in that story of 'warming up of the earth' ? I'm not since I've seen polar bears and penguins off-shore LOL:D:eek::D.
Next week there will probably be a skating '11-steden tocht' in Friesland and here in Flanders the 'Zwin-steden tocht" (between Bruges and Sluis), it has been for about 20 years there was ice enough. My jacks refuse to learn skating :eek:
Warming up of the earth -even my ass is freezing off :D:o:eek::rolleyes:

kimbowbill
04-01-2009, 23:07
hey, i'l be up for that, its just on my doorstep, think we might get a discount if there's enough of us? lol

carol25singer
06-01-2009, 14:34
We stayed there a couple of years ago, from what I can remember no loos or showers and he caught a big fish in the canal and wants to go back there, pretty local for us but warmer climes are calling!

tresrikay
06-01-2009, 19:40
[/COLOR]

Thats you duly volunteered and appointed then Lenny.;)

I,d be happy to:o, I just thought one of the local natives would like to have a go:rolleyes:,we,ll give It a week or so and if we get no takers then I,ll take it on;)[/QUOTE]

What a sterling chap you are to take on such a task for us all, just the knowing that Lenny will be at the helm will make me try my utmost to come..... the February half term holiday is my proposal just 6 weeks away. So hats off to Lenny and I will start a whip round for a Chinky takeaway and a crate of Newky brown for our Leader....................Len is the cheque in the post?;)

Telstar
06-01-2009, 19:48
Rick

For those of us without Kids........when is half term in Feb? Hope it doesn't clash with Lenny's Scottish meet.

Jon

lenny
06-01-2009, 20:01
Your right Jon it does clash with the Scottish Meet that Tony (Weez) has has masterminded;) but thanks for the suggestion Rick:), the more ideas we get ,the more chance of pleasing everyone:rolleyes::cool:, I just think someone living on the doorstep of the farm should take a look at the place then advise accordingly.
So come on you nice people from South Yorkshire;), we are waiting with baited breath:eek::p, and I,ll be happy to chip in for the carry out and crate of booze:rolleyes::cool:

tresrikay
06-01-2009, 20:13
Your right Jon it does clash with the Scottish Meet that Tony (Weez) has has masterminded;) but thanks for the suggestion Rick:), the more ideas we get ,the more chance of pleasing everyone:rolleyes::cool:, I just think someone living on the doorstep of the farm should take a look at the place then advise accordingly.
So come on you nice people from South Yorkshire;), we are waiting with baited breath:eek::p, and I,ll be happy to chip in for the carry out and crate of booze:rolleyes::cool:

Actually Half term is from 14th feb til 22nd, I will come to one or the other....... I hope:o

Telstar
06-01-2009, 20:24
I suspect it will be a quiet area, especially with the grave yard next door..(but one!).

I know of people who have stopped in the next village no problem. http://www.waterfrontpark.co.uk/index/Page_3x.html I am not in anyway suggesting this as an alternative, if you look at the prices, is the 39.50 at B/Hols per night??/:eek: and what about 50p per visit for the dog. What if they are really busting to go, is it really fair to say to them that they can only 'pay a visit' once or twice a day......

ps the marina might be worth a look at though.

pps I would have volunteered to make a detour, but don't know how I could justify that. We need a Doncaster/Gainsborough wilder to check it out.

ppps Big gates like those usually suggest to me that they are there for a reason..

Jon

Telstar
06-01-2009, 20:26
If it was 22 feb w/end I could make that.

Jon

Geoff.W
06-01-2009, 21:25
Can't make any definite promises yet, but could well be up for a meet here on the 22nd.

Is there anyone else out there interested, if so pehaps if we could get an idea of possible numbers and if worthwhile we (me?) could contact them.

Polly
06-01-2009, 21:26
Hia
Feb half term is Saturday 14 Feb to Sunday 22 Feb well thats mine in Stockport

I have been on the aa route finder and millage for someone from Stockport would be 66.3 miles but for me anyone can guess remember Hayfield 27 miles there and 17 mile home :D:D

I would love to put this meet on my calender now I have refilled my GAS.

I am sorry I will miss the first Hayfield meet but I am sure Hayfield will be seeing me again

:eek::eek:

Geoff.W
06-01-2009, 21:45
I think half term must be much the same everywhere this time:eek: as ours is the same here.

Just as a guide I google mapped the distance for us Evesham, Worcestershire and it's around 130 mls. so because it's half term and we can get away earlier on the Friday it's just about OK.

tresrikay
07-01-2009, 19:37
The 22nd weekend would be fine for me too, Friday to Sunday. I know the Sottish meet is the weekend before and I would not suugest a conflict with that meet. However I won't be able to make that one, so maybe those that can't make the scottish meet could meet at Doncaster:confused::confused::rolleyes:
I am sure you Know what I mean...... and those that can do both then .... Brill. So put me down for the 20/21/22 of Feb at Don.

lenny
07-01-2009, 20:41
Good on ya Rick,Polly,Geoff and Jon :rolleyes:,so It,s a definite maybe:o:D.

I,m gonna ask my nephew who lives in Donny to check the place out for me,in case I cant get down there myself beforehand.:cool:

missElaineous
08-01-2009, 21:18
I would like to meet you all at the White House campsite, was already thinking of going there midweek in half term, could stay on for the weekend if there's a meet being arranged. It's not far from me.

lenny
08-01-2009, 21:50
I would like to meet you all at the White House campsite, was already thinking of going there midweek in half term, could stay on for the weekend if there's a meet being arranged. It's not far from me.

Thanks Ellaine, just read your post on 365, we,ll have to stop meeting like this:eek::D:p, assuming you know this campsite,would you recommend it for an informal meet??, If you say yes then it would save me a trip down there beforehand:rolleyes::cool:

missElaineous
08-01-2009, 22:45
Thanks Ellaine, just read your post on 365, we,ll have to stop meeting like this:eek::D:p, assuming you know this campsite,would you recommend it for an informal meet??, If you say yes then it would save me a trip down there beforehand:rolleyes::cool:

No, I don't know the site, but a couple of 365 members have been and say it's OK, it's one of those places that's so close to me that I have not even considered it for a camping destination, you know how it is, you don't appreciate what you have on your doorstep. I have an 8 year old daughter and like the look of the playground complete with zip wire. The pub is within strolling distance which is always a good thing too. May be I will get chance to make a trip down there for a recy before then, depends on work and stuff.

flashingblade
11-01-2009, 16:20
hi all. you can count me in for this one. we (as a family) have just spent our first night away in the new van and it all went well (even tho it was -2C and we had a bbq). this success opens up more weekends now kim n kids are happy !! i'm up in fort william 2-6 feb and will just miss the scottish meet, unfortunately. i will keep an eye open on this thread for details. cheers.

tresrikay
11-01-2009, 20:08
Are we going to make a block booking for this one, or do we ring and book individually? Lenny will you still be able to come ......considering your loss of working hours. Please don't push your self if it would be too expensive, much as i am looking forward to seeing you again.

lenny
11-01-2009, 20:43
Are we going to make a block booking for this one, or do we ring and book individually? Lenny will you still be able to come ......considering your loss of working hours. Please don't push your self if it would be too expensive, much as i am looking forward to seeing you again.

Thanks for that Rick:), but dont you worry about me:cool:, if the meet is on then I,ll be there;). I was hoping someone local would recce the site for me but saying as that has,nt happened yet I think I should ring the owners tomorrow and enquire. From the feedback I have read about the site and the fact that it is so cheap;),I think we should go for it

From what I,ve read so far there could be 8 vans attending and Leo (Belgian) will be skating over if the North Sea freezes up:eek:

PS I hope yo all dont mind but I have also invited members of another great forum:eek::o to attend if they wish (I got this location from them) and so far we have had a couple of takers:) so maybe we can make this a joint meet:confused:;)

tresrikay
12-01-2009, 20:33
Thanks for that Rick:), but dont you worry about me:cool:, if the meet is on then I,ll be there;). I was hoping someone local would recce the site for me but saying as that has,nt happened yet I think I should ring the owners tomorrow and enquire. From the feedback I have read about the site and the fact that it is so cheap;),I think we should go for it

From what I,ve read so far there could be 8 vans attending and Leo (Belgian) will be skating over if the North Sea freezes up:eek:

PS I hope yo all dont mind but I have also invited members of another great forum:eek::o to attend if they wish (I got this location from them) and so far we have had a couple of takers:) so maybe we can make this a joint meet:confused:;)

I hope its not members of that, naked transvestite bell ringers, forum you were telling me about

robert b
12-01-2009, 20:51
we are going to try and make it as soon as a date is set we will try and arrange time off

lenny
12-01-2009, 22:33
Well after a phonecall to Phil at Whitehouse farm today and after reading reviews of the venue ,I think we should go for it;).
I have set a date on the weekend of 21/22/23 Feb. 2009, I have also invited friends from the other great forum http://www.365campingcaravanning.com/
so we can call it a joint meet.
Any more interested parties should reply on this thread and I will sort out booking arrangements:).

PS Sorry Rick:rolleyes:, The Trannys and bell ringers couldnt make this weekend but say they are looking forward to meeting you in the near future:eek::p:D

robert b
13-01-2009, 06:39
thanks for getting the dates i will try now to book that week end of work this will be our first meet

tresrikay
13-01-2009, 19:13
Well after a phonecall to Phil at Whitehouse farm today and after reading reviews of the venue ,I think we should go for it;).
I have set a date on the weekend of 21/22/23 Feb. 2009, I have also invited friends from the other great forum http://www.365campingcaravanning.com/
so we can call it a joint meet.
Any more interested parties should reply on this thread and I will sort out booking arrangements:).

PS Sorry Rick:rolleyes:, The Trannys and bell ringersbrown or Becks with the Chinese take couldnt make this weekend but say they are looking forward to meeting you in the near future:eek::p:D

Right, Nice one Lenny. I shall be there between 5 & 6 on the Friday. So I am a definate, let me know if they want deposits......... So is it Newky Brown or Becks with the Chinese Takeaway?:p:)

Polly
13-01-2009, 19:21
Hi
The 21 SAt 22 Sun & 23 is Monday:confused::confused::confused:
I will be able to make Frid 20 SAt 21 & Sun 22 Feb arriving sometime after lunch maybe if I don't go the senic route:eek::eek:
Is that OK

tresrikay
13-01-2009, 19:38
Hi
The 21 SAt 22 Sun & 23 is Monday:confused::confused::confused:
I will be able to make Frid 20 SAt 21 & Sun 22 Feb arriving sometime after lunch maybe if I don't go the senic route:eek::eek:
Is that OK

You are SOOOOOOoo right Polly the dates are FRIDAY20th SATURDAY 21st and SUNDAY 22nd.:o

lenny
13-01-2009, 20:50
Right, Nice one Lenny. I shall be there between 5 & 6 on the Friday. So I am a definate, let me know if they want deposits......... So is it Newky Brown or Becks with the Chinese Takeaway?:p:)

Cheers Rick;)

Gifts and presents are all very Nice.
All I ask is your Presence,That would Suffice::eek::D

BOOM BOOM:eek::p

PS Dont worry about booking fees just yet;)

robert b
14-01-2009, 17:22
hi lenny got the weekend of so weather permitting :ie snow storms . raining cat and dogs. we will be there should arrive about early afternoon.

flashingblade
14-01-2009, 20:09
hi there. i am coming, probably alone but more organised than last time Lenny (no food or drink). i aim to leave work on friday and saunter on up, trying to avoid as much traffic as poss and stay till sunday, unless i run out of grog !!
i will have to pay a visit to the grog emporium. if anything changes, i will let you know. looking forward to another meet. by the way, i'm full-timing again.

Billyb
15-01-2009, 19:30
Can I come too ? It'd be nice for me & marigold to put a face to the names?

Bri

lenny
15-01-2009, 19:38
Can I come too ? It'd be nice for me & marigold to put a face to the names?

Bri

Course you can Billyb;):) the more the merrier:rolleyes:,I,m hoping to visit the site this weekend to check it out:cool:

tresrikay
15-01-2009, 19:42
You don't have to ask, the fact that it is posted here is an invitation in itself... it will be great to meet so many new names at this meet........ Lenny and his naked transvestite bell ringing forum members:eek: are in a special screened and soundproof booth down near the river Don. So we expect to get some sleep after the Chinese banquet;):D
This meet looks like it might be the best attended so far..... If all turn up that have said they are coming......

P.S I will be introducing myself as RICK not tresrikay, as introducing myself as tresrikay has caused me no end of mither.

zeezee16
15-01-2009, 20:56
Hi, we would be interested in joining you on the 20th/21st, we haven't been on many outings with other vanners, we usually end up on our own.
I cant give you a definite, as not sure about work at the moment, would it be ok to let you know if we can make it the week before you go, or is that too late.
Cheers, Pete.

lenny
15-01-2009, 21:25
Hi, we would be interested in joining you on the 20th/21st, we haven't been on many outings with other vanners, we usually end up on our own.
I cant give you a definite, as not sure about work at the moment, would it be ok to let you know if we can make it the week before you go, or is that too late.
Cheers, Pete.

You would be most welcome ZeeZee16, hope you can make it ,It,s always nice to meet new members with similar interests;):)
And dont worry about committing yourself just yet. I,ll keep you updated on the meet as it nears.

BTW Pete:rolleyes: we are always on the lookout for new "Bell Ringers":eek::D:p

robert b
16-01-2009, 05:38
hi zeezee. what part of leeds you in iam in ls14

topsy75
16-01-2009, 10:50
I can't book time off that far ahead as we are changing mamagers in the pub i work in, but I'm thinking it will be a nice look out if I can get a whole weekend off! might just pop down for the day though as poor cold topsy-van has no heating, or we couuld just bring every blanket in the house!
I take it it's a famliy friendly meet? might bring the stroppy teenagers with me!

grath
16-01-2009, 19:33
P.S I will be introducing myself as RICK not tresrikay, as introducing myself as tresrikay has caused me no end of mither.
Good idea Rick,:cool: it got me into all sorts of bother as you know:D
Hope you guys have a great time:cool:

tresrikay
16-01-2009, 19:38
I can't book time off that far ahead as we are changing mamagers in the pub i work in, but I'm thinking it will be a nice look out if I can get a whole weekend off! might just pop down for the day though as poor cold topsy-van has no heating, or we couuld just bring every blanket in the house!
I take it it's a famliy friendly meet? might bring the stroppy teenagers with me!

Very family friendly.... as the naked transvestite bell ringers are completely segregated when in forum mode.... and when back in normal mufty have been known to push the odd swing .... kick a ball about..... and are wizards on nintendo wii especially the bell ringing game:rolleyes:;)
Seriously though everyone is welcome wherever we meet.:)

lenny
16-01-2009, 19:45

Hiya Topsy75, whether you can make for an hour,a day or the full weekend, you and everyone else are most welcome;):rolleyes:.
Yes It,s a family friendly meet, as long as the kids dont Hog the Zipwire:eek::p and the swings:cool:

I,m going down tomorrow with the grandbairns to recce the site so will let you know on Sunday what the outcome was:mad:

BTW Dont worry about the heating:rolleyes:, we have organised bright sunshine for that weekend:eek::p:D

zeezee16
16-01-2009, 20:35
Don't do Bells, only quality single malt.......

zeezee16
16-01-2009, 20:36
Hi mate, I'm in 13 Bramley.
Cheers, Pete.

Polly
16-01-2009, 20:38
Hia
My first meet was at Hayfield and when I said I was meeting friends the wardens asked what's their names. :eek::eek:
Well I only had a piece of paper with Tresrikay, Grath Lenny and Cas:confused::confused:
The warden said come with me to Rick he may be able to help you out and so he did.
The Wilders made me very welcome so much so i went again and now I will be going again.
But 1 BOX of red wine will definatly not be enough :D:D:

tresrikay
16-01-2009, 20:43
Don't do Bells, only quality single malt.......

I shall have some Laphroaig and some Bowmore and maybe a Dalwhinie

tresrikay
16-01-2009, 20:53
Hia
My first meet was at Hayfield and when I said I was meeting friends the wardens asked what's their names. :eek::eek:
Well I only had a piece of paper with Tresrikay, Grath Lenny and Cas:confused::confused:
The warden said come with me to Rick he may be able to help you out and so he did.
The Wilders made me very welcome so much so i went again and now I will be going again.
But 1 BOX of red wine will definatly not be enough :D:D:

Please Polly We are generating completely the wrong sort of impression about the sort of, sterling, salt of the earth, chummy types that we are..... by your thread it would appear that all we do is gather around vast quantities of alcohol and merry the night away tripping over guy ropes and generally behaving in a most salubrious manner......... when the reality is that ........:o.... we :: gather for a bit of a drinkypoo..thta myghkt ...:rolleyes: leeds 2 n'othr drrukmy poh r3 an n thrun go bredn slip rnt offf:

Polly
16-01-2009, 21:03
Hia
NO we do try to use our legs and maybe if there is a little hill then walkie's may be on the agenda
You always have your boots with you Rick.
and Lenny is always willing to do a hike.
OH I forgot WHO as the HIP FLASK:D:D:D

lenny
16-01-2009, 21:15
Polly ,I hope that you,re not implying that Rick would take that hip flask up to the hills for his own consumption:eek::o, No ,he takes it for medicinal purposes should he come across any casualties in adverse weather conditions:rolleyes:

Yes ,he,s our very own St. Bernard of the hills:eek::D:p:p

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/stbernard.jpg

lenny
18-01-2009, 20:48
Just spent a night at Whitehouse farm, arrived unplanned and the owners were away for the weekend:o.
Never mind ,paid my 6 fee to his mother in law and enquired ,, is it ok to drive on the grass:confused: (it was in pristine condition) but a little damp:confused:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/18012009108.jpg

Although she gave me the OK, I thought it best to stay off in the absense of the owner and set up on the hardstanding.w/o electric.

Considering the meet is planned for 5 weeks time ,I assume the conditions will be similar to now,however I spoke to the owner by phone expressing my concern about our vans damaging his grassed area and he told me that he has had similar rallies and the damage was minimal.
All in all, a positive response;):), so , I think we should still go for it,what do you think??.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/17012009102.jpg
Thats a fishing pond in the fenced area,there is also a golf course about a mile away, or if you prefer gentle walks along canal paths then this is for you:rolleyes::cool:

grath
18-01-2009, 21:00
Looks good and sounds like just the place:)

missElaineous
19-01-2009, 08:00
It looks great there, I can't go now as we have arranged to meet some friends at another site which is nearer to them, but will definitely go some time if you go again. Hope you have a great weekend.

robert b
19-01-2009, 12:11
we are still hoping to make it site looks ok.

tresrikay
19-01-2009, 19:46
Just spent a night at Whitehouse farm, arrived unplanned and the owners were away for the weekend:o.
Never mind ,paid my 6 fee to his mother in law and enquired ,, is it ok to drive on the grass:confused: (it was in pristine condition) but a little damp:confused:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/18012009108.jpg

Although she gave me the OK, I thought it best to stay off in the absense of the owner and set up on the hardstanding.w/o electric.

Considering the meet is planned for 5 weeks time ,I assume the conditions will be similar to now,however I spoke to the owner by phone expressing my concern about our vans damaging his grassed area and he told me that he has had similar rallies and the damage was minimal.
All in all, a positive response;):), so , I think we should still go for it,what do you think??.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/17012009102.jpg
Thats a fishing pond in the fenced area,there is also a golf course about a mile away, or if you prefer gentle walks along canal paths then this is for you:rolleyes::cool:

No change of mind here, still up for it ....... A canal towpath as well:)

lenny
19-01-2009, 20:11
No change of mind here, still up for it ....... A canal towpath as well:)

Lots of canal towpaths and one leading to West Stockwith Marina, lots of boats in all shapes and sizes.

Check out "Waterfront Country Park", Doncaster;) Oh and a nice pub next door:rolleyes::cool:

Telstar
20-01-2009, 13:11
Lenny

Have you provisionally reserved some pitches? or are we booking individually or even worse, turning up, hoping to get on?

cheers

Jon

lenny
20-01-2009, 15:57
Lenny

Have you provisionally reserved some pitches? or are we booking individually or even worse, turning up, hoping to get on?

cheers

Jon

Hiya Jon, I provisionally reserved 10 pitches and we can settle with him on the day;). Being February, I dont think he,s expecting a mad rush for places.

I,ll keep him informed by phone as to numbers of vans expected.

Just a reminder to all:), we are holding a meet at the above farm/camping site on the evenings of February 20/21st. 2009 ,anyone interested should let me know ASAP.

Polly
20-01-2009, 17:27
Hia
I'm still up for it just as long as Rick promises to stop at the pub :D:D we explore the canal walks
I suppose I meant to say WHEN we explore the canal towpaths :confused::confused::confused:

Polly
20-01-2009, 17:29
Hia
SORRY TOWPATH

ajs
20-01-2009, 18:33

ahhha... found it...21/22/23 Feb. 2009:cool:.. now.. where is this site... exactly :o

regards;)
aj

lenny
20-01-2009, 18:45

ahhha... found it...21/22/23 Feb. 2009:cool:.. now.. where is this site... exactly :o

regards;)
aj

It,s up Doncaster/Gainsborough way ;),check out the address here:)

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=47392&postcount=1

ajs
21-01-2009, 17:46
It,s up Doncaster/Gainsborough way ;),check out the address here:)

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=47392&postcount=1

reeet then... i'm cummin :eek:

do i book it direct with them or aqre you doing it...:)

will have the box van with bike in it so it will need to go on some hard standing.. seperate from MH is OK:cool:

see pic

regards;)
ajs

lenny
21-01-2009, 18:05
Good man ajs;), the box van will be fine,dont worry about booking,I will keep in touch with the owner leading up to the meet.

flashingblade
21-01-2009, 19:56
i'm still comin lenny. prob turn up fri eve and stay till sunday. what would we do without you ?

lenny
21-01-2009, 20:50
Heres a list of those nice people attending so far;):)

1. Lenny

2. Tresrikay

3. Geoff W

4. Flashingblade

5. Kimbowbill *

6. rablenkinsop

7. ajs

8. ZeeZee

9. Polly

10. Topsy75 ( unable to attend)

11. Billyb

12. Onestop (unable to attend)

13. Pioneer

14. Telstar

15. Hymerman

* denotes, awaiting confirmation:rolleyes:

Thats a possible 13 vans and a motorbike:eek::p so far , with Flashingblade arriving Saturday .

Any more takers?

Omega99
21-01-2009, 21:46
Looks like a nice location Lenny, see you have posted it on 365 Camping Caravanning (http://www.365campingcaravanning.com) with links to this forum, we will be happy to support it and hope we can get a few members interested. May be best to post it in our You Are Invited To Join Us Area (http://http://www.365campingcaravanning.com/smf1/index.php?board=16.0)

Polly
21-01-2009, 22:03
Hia
Don't mind being ref but I am definatly not going in the goals:D:D:D
Won't be able to access the wine so easially:confused::confused::confused:
Also I might spill a drop if I am in goals:D:D
Can't do that can we

Just had a thought me and the other ladies could be CHEER LEADERS

THAT WOULD DEFINATLY BE A LAUGH :D:D:

lenny
21-01-2009, 22:28
Great idea Polly, cant wait to see the outfits:eek::p

BTW Check this out Polly (When I saw this I thought of you);)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/17012009101.jpg

Should we get bogged in then this little beauty could be the answer:eek::D

Not as shiny as your usual Tractor

Telstar
22-01-2009, 12:19
Lenny

I'm hoping to be there Fri night, leaving on the Sunday. Only thing that I waiting for is the return of my van from the dealers. But that is another bl**dy story.

Jon

Billyb
22-01-2009, 12:33
We'll be there, looking forward to it

Bri

zeezee16
25-01-2009, 09:22
We will be there on fri/sat, but be gentle with us, as we are rally virgins.
Cheers, pete.

robert b
25-01-2009, 12:24
hope they are as we are virgins as well to rallies but hope its not the last . we hope to arrive on friday while sun

tresrikay
26-01-2009, 10:59
How many we up to now then Lenny? ......looks like its gunna be a gudun.:)

Polly
26-01-2009, 20:59
Hia
Had what I call a VERY STRESSFUL week and a VERY VERY VERY STRESSFUL weekend.
my Dad who is 91 at weekend is having to go into a home. My sister and hubby came up from the midlands for the weekend to help to make a start on dad's house this is where I swear ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
so bad it was blanked out.:D
My Gladys is feeling neglected so we both are looking forward to our jaunt out in Feb :D:D

Let me see how many days is it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is only 25 days (I'm not counting, it's Gladys :confused::confused:)

PS going to start practising my cheerleading :eek::eek::eek:

lenny
26-01-2009, 21:20
Calm down Polly:rolleyes:, pour yourself a glass of red and put your feet up and try and relax:eek::D, I,m sure your dad and Gladys will be fine:)

PS did you see The Tractor I posted for you in an earlier post??

PPS Hope we dont need it:p

Polly
26-01-2009, 21:26
Hia
I'm on a whiskey and have had 1 small block of choc and now I am demolishing my favourite a TWIRL :D:D
Thanks lenny I think I am coming back down to earth :D:D

Oh the tractor was a picture so to speak I hope we won't be needing it because it looks as though it needs us :D:D:D

lenny
26-01-2009, 21:47
We have a possible 11 vans for this meet so far, there are no takers from 365 C&C as yet as this weekend clashes with one of their own meets organised earlier in the year.
But the invite is still open to anyone who wishes to attend;):)

PS See post "70" for those attending so far:cool:

tresrikay
29-01-2009, 19:35
Thanks Lenny, just put this on a thread rather than the thankyou button to keep it topical......... am i out of order?:o

Pioneer
29-01-2009, 20:40
Hi,
we will try to get to the meet, sounds good to me, fishing, walking, cycling, BBQing for Angie and a pub for me! Great.
Just need to see if Angie's diary isn't full that week-end.
Will be great to put faces to names.

Happy Camping:)

one stop
29-01-2009, 20:59
LENNY book me & the wife in will be there fri & sat night will send you my tel num on pm
many thanks

mark & di

tresrikay
29-01-2009, 20:59
Hi,
we will try to get to the meet, sounds good to me, fishing, walking, cycling, BBQing for Angie and a pub for me! Great.

Be great to meet you Pi,

Polly
29-01-2009, 21:17
Hia
23 or is it 22 days:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

lenny
29-01-2009, 22:43
Hi,

Good on ya Pioneer;), hope you can make it cos It,s a canny run for you (Mid Wales):eek:

lenny
29-01-2009, 22:48
LENNY book me & the wife in will be there fri & sat night will send you my tel num on pm
many thanks

mark & di

Looking forward to meeting you both;) (Mark and Di), hope to be on site early Friday evening:cool:

Looks like 13 vans :eek: attending now;)

Pioneer
30-01-2009, 11:37
Hi Lenny,
Angie and I will arrive on the friday and stay until monday, so please add us to your list. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks.

lenny
30-01-2009, 15:04
Things are hotting up now:eek::D thats a possible 14 vans attending, but dont forget we have the "Scottish Meet" the Week beforhand if anyone up there is interested:rolleyes:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=48694&postcount=70

Telstar
30-01-2009, 16:27
Lenny

Get the van back tomorrow (I've yet to tell her in doors that we have to got up to Catterick to collect it!)

But we will definitely be there.

Jon

Wee-z
31-01-2009, 11:21
That is good news Telstar
Do you remember where the first aid kit is?
or have you learned to duck :D:D

weez
Tony

Telstar
31-01-2009, 20:12
She was fine with it. We went straight from her motorcycle assessment. Her test is in approx 6 weeks. Hope she passes before they alter the tests. Also, she is on the brink of ordering a Harley Sportster. We also took my car. so I paid for the fuel! first time she drove it was today and she had the cheek to tell the wheel want balancing.
Last time she drives it.

Although the Toby carvery on the way home might have smoothed things over.

Jon

grath
31-01-2009, 20:18
hey Jon:)
Buy Pam a Honda 50:eek::eek: if you dare:D:D:D

ajs
02-02-2009, 22:56
she is on the brink of ordering a Harley Sportster. Jon

i've got a virago 750 fer sale iffin she's interested..:o only 13k miles on the clock:cool:

regards:D
ajs

hymercamper
03-02-2009, 07:00
Things are hotting up now:eek::D thats a possible 14 vans attending, but dont forget we have the "Scottish Meet" the Week beforhand if anyone up there is interested:rolleyes:

I might be making it 15 Lenny if new changeover goes ok
rob

Telstar
03-02-2009, 19:16
15 vans. That'll be the largest wild meet yet.

Sorry lads, only a HD will do for her. I did think about the Japanese cruisers, but they don't seem cheaper.

Its not worth buying a 2nd hand harley sportster because they nearly cost as much as a new one! plus you get the benefits of a fuel gauge, fuel injection and warranty. She'll do so little mileage that it will never need anything replacing, except the rusted parts:eek:

How many days is it now Polly?

Jon

tresrikay
03-02-2009, 19:46
Hi Lenny.....

Don't want to appear ungrateful or anything :o.... about your superb organisation of this particular meet.............BUT:(:confused:nd ... where is the menu from the Chinese takaway.:(

I am just thinking that if you posted the Menu, you would'nt have to wait about .... or knock on van doors ... and exchange moneys .... and get people shouting ....don't forget the prawn crackers........ and then have to walk all the way back to the takeaway and carry all that heavy food for 15 vans. When with a bit of forward planning you could post the menu..... we could give you our orders and you could phone them through and pick them up on your way in:):D:eek:

Just a thought:D:D:D:

lenny
03-02-2009, 19:54
Hi Lenny.....

Don't want to appear ungrateful or anything .... about your superb organisation of this particular meet.............BUTnd ... where is the menu from the Chinese takaway.

I am just thinking that if you posted the Menu, you would'nt have to wait about .... or knock on van doors ... and exchange moneys .... and get people shouting ....don't forget the prawn crackers........ and then have to walk all the way back to the takeaway and carry all that heavy food for 15 vans. When with a bit of forward planning you could post the menu..... we could give you our orders and you could phone them through and pick them up on your way in:)

Just a thought:D

I was thinking more on the lines of taking a Big Pan:eek: and knocking up some nice home made Broth:rolleyes:, a much more healthy option;), I,m sure you,ll agree:o:cool::D

tresrikay
03-02-2009, 20:22
I was thinking more on the lines of taking a Big Pan:eek: and knocking up some nice home made Broth:rolleyes:, a much more healthy option;), I,m sure you,ll agree:o:cool::D

Better keep an eye on the whereabouts of Jack then.

Polly
03-02-2009, 20:26
hia
I was thinking more on the lines of meeting in the pub.:D:D if it is in staggering distance;);)
Where it will be sheltered from the wind, snow, cold, rain and any other elements put upon us.:confused::confused:
and we can all save our gas:D:D

Oh it is 17 days yep ee:D:D:

lenny
03-02-2009, 20:34
hia
I was thinking more on the lines of meeting in the pub. if it is in staggering distance
Where it will be sheltered from the wind, snow, cold, rain and any other elements put upon us.:confused:
and we can all save our gas:D:D

Oh it is 17 days yep ee:D:D:

Thats the spirit polly:D It,s a 3 minute walk if you run:rolleyes: , It,s also kid and doggy friendly;), I will be talking to the manager this week to warn him of our presence:eek::p

Polly
03-02-2009, 21:20
Hia
OH YOU ARE GOOD LENNY
TALK ABOUT GOING THE EXTRA MILE
:):):):):)

one stop
03-02-2009, 21:39
i've got a virago 750 fer sale iffin she's interested..:o only 13k miles on the clock:cool:

ajs

how much viagra u got ajs ? take it all mate we wont need any chineese !!!! ha ha
mark

03-02-2009, 21:50
Lenny, I am really pleased that it looks like you will have a great turn out with lots of support from the wildcampers.
Good of ya guys & gals:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Telstar
04-02-2009, 12:58
Polly

They have electric on this site, that will save your gas.

Jon

ajs
04-02-2009, 22:21
how much viagra u got ajs ? take it all mate we wont need any chineese !!!! ha ha
mark

:eek:... if i take it all i'll be chasin the Chinese, French, Germans, and the Spanish... won't need the poles though :p

:o

regards;)
aj

lock up yer daughters, wives and pet sheep :D

topsy75
09-02-2009, 09:01
i'm gonna have to bow out of this one as i can't get the time off work:mad:
one of these days ....

lenny
09-02-2009, 21:36
i'm gonna have to bow out of this one as i can't get the time off work:mad:
one of these days ....

Sorry to hear that Topsy75,but there,s always next the time;), your job has to take priority in the current climate:cool:

flashingblade
11-02-2009, 17:51
it's our little one's birthday (7th) on the sat whilst away so we are going to bring presents and a cake. might even save some for jack !

lenny
11-02-2009, 18:29
it's our little one's birthday (7th) on the sat whilst away so we are going to bring presents and a cake. might even save some for jack !

I,ll be bringing a couple of boys to join the party as well as Jack:p

Polly
11-02-2009, 19:16
Hia
So we having a party then :D:D:D

Geoff.W
11-02-2009, 19:36

Great to hear that their will be some more kids there, we've got Steven 13 and Chloe 3.

robert b
11-02-2009, 20:20
we are bringing our 8 year old lad to. as well as our black lab she is great with kids.

hymercamper
11-02-2009, 20:35
Hia
So we having a party then :D:D:D
Looking forward to some trifle
:):)
rob

lenny
11-02-2009, 20:41
we are bringing our 8 year old lad to. as well as our black lab she is great with kids.

What:eek:, with all them bairns attending we,ll have to get up early to have a go on the Zip Wire:eek::D;), before they get up:cool:

tresrikay
12-02-2009, 19:16
Think I might just bring some ear protectors:(......... and some parecetemol:(...... and I don't like Jelly:(................... anyone coming down the pub:(:(:rolleyes::confused:

Wee-z
12-02-2009, 19:34
come on now tresrikay,we all know you are in 2nd childhood
and will enjoy the games and the trifle and the jelly and--------------etc.
:D:D:D

weez
Tony

lenny
12-02-2009, 20:04
Think I might just bring some ear protectors:(......... and some parecetemol:(...... and I don't like Jelly:(................... anyone coming down the pub

Aww C,mon Rick ,you love the kids really:rolleyes:;), It,ll be like the Von Trapp Family relived:eek:, and you can be Captain Trapp:p:D:cool:

wints
13-02-2009, 13:54
Good news for you lot......we're coming too !!!! Via coniston this w/e, & then york mid-week.

regards
Allen & Eileen

ajs
13-02-2009, 14:38
:eek:

kids...:eek:

i can't eat a hole one these days...:rolleyes:

aj

geoffwubbleue... you wana go up in convoy :confused:.. i promise not to eat all yours before we get there :p

tresrikay
13-02-2009, 19:04
Aww C,mon Rick ,you love the kids really:rolleyes:;), It,ll be like the Von Trapp Family relived:eek:, and you can be Captain Trapp:p:D:cool:

Trapp door more like, Me and Poll work all week long caring for the every need of our little sproglets, making sure that all wants and needs are catered for, cleaning up after every little accident......... and the big ones:o .... getting called all sorts of names ...... making sure they have an ice free path to the door so they don't slip and sue our a***s off............(:rolleyes:
So come half term if me and Poll want to go off and have a Guiness , a pie and a game of darts...... then thats what we will do....... without any Jelly:D

Polly
13-02-2009, 19:55
Hia
I'm back been to visit me dad
Spent the week looking at nursing homes, talking to solicter, age concern and social worker and the estate agents

Looking forward to next weekend KIDS and all
Hopefully I am going to start and get my life back fingers crossed
Well for the weekend any way
Rick Guiness and pie sounds ok might even try darts :eek::eek::eek:

Telstar
14-02-2009, 10:14
Rick/Polly

Pub sounds good to me. Only one problem. My van is still is storage behind a load of snow. Hopefully it will all go before next weekend, otherwise its another weekend at home.

Jon

robert b
14-02-2009, 16:17
ive just got back from a drive over to white house farm in car to check out my sat nav is ok. and saw people are already on the site two caravans it looked quite wet on field but cars are driving on and of ok no signs of the snow roads are all clear .we have to go barrons to get a new gas locker door lock first as mine has broken the told me it should arrive by friday hopefuly.

hymercamper
14-02-2009, 17:11
Rick/Polly

Pub sounds good to me. Only one problem. My van is still is storage behind a load of snow. Hopefully it will all go before next weekend, otherwise its another weekend at home.

Jon
Snow will be gone and it will be SUNNY:):):)
rob

robert b
14-02-2009, 17:17
hope so but even though it was dull and damp it looked a cheerful basic quiet site . a good choice by lenny

flashingblade
14-02-2009, 19:10
guess i'd better bring some jelly then !
don't worry rick, i enforce a strict curfew
when the drink comes out, the children go indoors so i suggest you start drinking early (noon !! ). he he.

Polly
14-02-2009, 19:56
Hia
Graham and Kath are you not able to make this meet?
Only 6 more days.
Hymercamper Iam I right in thinking I head over woodhead :eek::eek:

hymercamper
15-02-2009, 00:31
Hia
Graham and Kath are you not able to make this meet?
Only 6 more days.
Hymercamper Iam I right in thinking I head over woodhead :eek::eek:

Yes polly woodhead to barnsley then doncaster then a638 annd b1396 out of Donny
ROb

Telstar
15-02-2009, 09:20
what tiime are you coming over Woodhead?

Jon

hymercamper
15-02-2009, 09:26
I'm working friday so depending on whether i can sort myself out will determin wether i'll be leaving fri between 6-7 or sat morning
rob

Telstar
15-02-2009, 10:03
I'm working Fri. Might be 6ish when we set off from this side of the woodhead (ie opp site to you)

Jon

Polly
15-02-2009, 19:42
Hia
I'm off work this week but I am looking after number 2 grandson (don't mean he is second best) (I mean I only have 2 and he is the younger) (nothing like George)
I go from having number 1 grandson (George 7) from about 6.45 am- 8.00am each morning but not school hols (maybe 1 week at end of may) then take him to childminders.
To having Ethan (5) for this school hols EXCEPT FRIDAY where I can have a lie in
and set off over woodhead about/after dinner no I am not staying in bed till 11.00am.
Oh taking Glad in for MOT and service tomorrow then I will fill Deisel tank and water oH I have just remembered I need to get someone to connect my gas bottles. I have not learnt that yet. I will put it down to my next hurdle to get across.
See you all there
Thanks for road numbers Rob I'll try not to take the senic route otherwise I will probably meet you all on woodhead:eek::eek::eek:
I'm so excited I could crush a grape For you YOUNG ONES that was an expression some comedian use to say

lenny
15-02-2009, 20:01
Nice one Polly;), I,m also excited:p, but the only crushed grapes i,m thinking of are the ones in your box of Red Wine:eek::p

Only five Sleeps to go:rolleyes::cool::)

Polly
15-02-2009, 20:33
Hia
:D :D SHOULD :D HAVE :D GUESSED :D THAT :D LENNY:D:D:

Pioneer
16-02-2009, 11:39
Can't believe it, today monday 16th Jan, at 12.00am it is 13deg C, in Mid-Wales. At last the sunshine. Is this a sign for the week-end meet? Whats the snow like around Gainsborough/Doncaster area?

Happy Camping:) Happier when the sun shines.

Telstar
16-02-2009, 12:11
Polly

I don't know if your gas hoses connect to the bottles by 'spanner' but if they do, I suggest you get them changed to 'hand tighten' ones. Best thing I ever did. M/H and caravaning shops will sought you out for 10-20 pounds.

Jon

hymercamper
16-02-2009, 13:20
Snow will be gone and it will be SUNNY:):):)
rob

told you so:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yogihughes
16-02-2009, 14:54
Is Mid-Wales really a month behind the rest of the UK?

Pioneer
16-02-2009, 15:30
Is Mid-Wales really a month behind the rest of the UK?

If this cold weather is anything to go by, yep. Nicest day of the year today, and assured by "Hymercamper" the sun will shine for Whitehouse Farm.:D

mandrake
16-02-2009, 16:12
Can't believe it, today monday 16th Jan, at 12.00am it is 13deg C, in Mid-Wales. At last the sunshine. Is this a sign for the week-end meet? Whats the snow like around Gainsborough/Doncaster area?

Happy Camping:) Happier when the sun shines.
what snow :D none here now a great day been out in just a t shirt:D ps and trousers as well

ajs
16-02-2009, 16:26

friday is looking good....:o

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/gainsboroughweather.jpg

:confused:

regards;)
ajs

Yogihughes
16-02-2009, 18:24
Hi Pioneer, when the summer is finished in Scotland this year I'm going to just head down your way for the extra sunshine.

Polly
16-02-2009, 19:52
Hia
Yes Friday looks good but Saturday and Sunday don't look to bad either.
Well no frost and snow :confused::confused:
We're use to showers of rain
We are still getting use to the snow.
And in Cheshire we can say WHAT SNOW
4 DAYS TO GO

:D:D:D

lenny
16-02-2009, 20:18
Never mind the Weather, as long as we,re Together:eek::rolleyes::p.

Spoke to the site owner today and he,s looking forward to seeing us all, he advises me that the nearest pub in the village has decided to shut up for renovation work:(:o, but not to worry cos there,s another just up the road by the canal (10 minute walk if you run):D.
Theres also a workingmens club in the village with entertainment and maybe even BINGO;):cool:

I hope to get there midmorning Friday, look forward to seeing you all :)

hymercamper
16-02-2009, 20:21
I'll bring my affiliation card dont know how many it will get in though
Rob

Polly
16-02-2009, 21:45
Hia
This meet is getting more exciting as the evenings go on :D:D:D:D:D

thought you were going to say it had closed because we were coming. I remember some things about hayfield but surely we are not that bad for a pub to shut down:D:D
Gladys went for her service and MOT today swanned through with flying colours:D:D

lenny
16-02-2009, 21:54
Heres the website of the Nearest Pub;) (about 1 mile away)

http://www.haxeygate.co.uk/index.html

Some nice pics of the village on hear.

Polly
16-02-2009, 22:06
Hia
Steak and Ale pie looks good to me

ajs
16-02-2009, 22:49

:eek: that's a bit far init:p.... if i ride down on me bike will some one push it back for me :D

regards:o
ajs

tresrikay
17-02-2009, 10:03
:eek: that's a bit far init:p.... if i ride down on me bike will some one push it back for me :D

regards:o
ajs

Nah thats just a stroll, me n Lenny can walk about 5 miles for a pint in Hayfield:eek:........... The long way round:D

Pioneer
17-02-2009, 10:49
Thanks for that Lenny, looks good to me.
Anyone playing Golf this week-end?

ajs
17-02-2009, 16:11

ooooh... golf sticks anall then....:D... i'll pack em just in case...:cool:

:confused: is there a course locally then that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for weekend golf "T" times :confused:

btw geoffwubbleue... it's ok... i've spent the day cleaning my M/h inside and out... so you can relax now :D

regards ;)
ajs

Pioneer
17-02-2009, 16:40
Hi ajs,
there's a 9 hole course accross from the pub:D by the canal. I will now pack the gear just incase. Have not played for quite a while, but a few balls on the driving range won't go amiss. Also be able to see if Angie falls in the canal when fishing:D you see how I look after her:rolleyes:
Lenny put some info on a previous thread.

ajs
17-02-2009, 17:07
Hi ajs,
there's a 9 hole course accross from the pub:D by the canal. Have not played for quite a while,
Also be able to see if Angie falls in the canal when fishing:D

jeeeeeezzzzus:eek:... that one hell of a duff hook you have there :D

regards:rolleyes:
aj

lenny
17-02-2009, 17:48
Thanks for that Lenny, looks good to me.

Only ever had one game of golf:o and the best two balls I hit was when I stood on a Rake:eek::o:p

Pioneer
17-02-2009, 18:31
Only ever had one game of golf:o and the best two balls I hit was when I stood on a Rake:eek::o:p

Sounds painfull Lenny, but we only play with white balls. :D

flashingblade
17-02-2009, 20:56
hi there. does the site have hook ups or are we on our own power ?
i should say do they have enough juice for us all ?
i will prob bring jenny but don't like gettin her out, she's antisocial !!

cipro
17-02-2009, 21:00
hi there. does the site have hook ups or are we on our own power ?
i should say do they have enough juice for us all ?
i will prob bring jenny but don't like gettin her out, she's antisocial !!

each to there own on power what you need you use

lenny
17-02-2009, 21:07
Loads of Lecky Geoff, should you need to hook up, check the site out here..

flashingblade
17-02-2009, 21:28
many thanks.
life is never simple, i now can't get there till sat morn. i have sold the transit and the buyer is coming from ireland so i have to meet him before we can set off. it's a real downer, we wanted to make a full weekend of it.
money comes first !

lenny
17-02-2009, 21:55

And should you fancy a change from this watering hole, or we get kicked out:eek::D, and you fancy a 2 mile walk along the canal towpath;), then this is your incentive:rolleyes:

http://www.nottspubs.co.uk/location.asp?lid=2156

The invite is still open to anyone else that may be interested:cool:

Polly
17-02-2009, 22:19
Hia
Good to know we have a back up for Saturday night (will need some explaining to Saturday arrivals :eek::eek::eek:) but what worries me is the stagger back along the tow path. I think I had better pack my arm bands and my inner tube as anyone got a foot pump :eek::eek::eek::eek: maybe an electric pump might be better.
Flashinblade didn't you pump your airbed up at Hayfield (sorry if it wasn't you) :D:D

lenny
17-02-2009, 22:28
Dont worry Polly, I,ve the phone number of the village Taxi company and I,ll be ringing them tomorrow to do a deal:rolleyes:;):D

tresrikay
18-02-2009, 20:39
And should you fancy a change from this watering hole, or we get kicked out:eek::D, and you fancy a 2 mile walk along the canal towpath;), then this is your incentive:rolleyes:

http://www.nottspubs.co.uk/location.asp?lid=2156

The invite is still open to anyone else that may be interested:cool:

Jesus Lenny!,................... I don't mean by that, that you are our savoir.... or .... well in many ways , particularly relating to the ever nearing weekend .... indeed you are a savior ... but not in the Biblical sense as it were:o It was mearly an exclamation.... like Bl**dy hell Lenny!:o..... or ....Maybe I should have said Gorden Bennett Lenny!!:confused:

errrm,:confused: Yes well youv'e got us crossing county borders now in search of a pint, well you know i am the first to pull me boots on for a good cause but next you will be recommending a pub in Lincolnshire and that will be 3 counties Pi*s up:eek:

lenny
18-02-2009, 20:55
errrm,:confused: Yes well youv'e got us crossing county borders now in search of a pint, well you know i am the first to pull me boots on for a good cause but next you will be recommending a pub in Lincolnshire and that will be 3 counties Pi*s up:eek:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one Rick, I,ll think we,ll stick with the triangular ramble:rolleyes:, taking in the Haxey Inn, the Waterfront and the Sports and social club in the village;):)

robert b
18-02-2009, 20:56
well ive got the van all ready to roll on friday. got to go to york to get lock from barrons for gas locker. but should arrive in afternoon .just me the wife and dog little lads gone to manchester for a week.

tresrikay
19-02-2009, 18:43
Have we got a final total for this weekend Lenny? I know it will be busy, maybe we will eat and drink the pubs dry:) Leaving work around 2 and coming straight there, so should be about 4-4.30 see you then........ by the way spread it around that its T.....R.....E...S...R...I...K....A...Y. and I will be called Rick, Richard or Dick... but nothing else:D:D:D apart from what you will call me in other circles:eek::rolleyes:

messenger 2.5td
19-02-2009, 19:28
Have a great weekend everyone only sorry i can't attend,bit of a bugger when work gets in the way:mad:never mind needs must,enjoy anyway,Andy;):)

lenny
19-02-2009, 20:31
Have we got a final total for this weekend Lenny? I know it will be busy, maybe we will eat and drink the pubs dry:) Leaving work around 2 and coming straight there, so should be about 4-4.30 see you then........ by the way spread it around that its T.....R.....E...S...R...I...K....A...Y. and I will be called Rick, Richard or Dick... but nothing else:D:D:D apart from what you will call me in other circles:eek::rolleyes:

Here,s the latest update on attendees for the above meet..

Its not too late if you want to join us;):)

BTW. Sir Richard Tournikay:eek::p,(Barron Of Macclesfield Will be arriving Teatime Friday)

Billyb
19-02-2009, 20:58
We'll be there for around 5 :D :D :D

Belgian
19-02-2009, 21:09
have a nice time Lenny, Rick, Polly and the others;
and BEHAVE :o:D:D

Polly
19-02-2009, 21:13
Hia

Lap top charged UP
DS charged UP
I pod charged UP
Just got to charge ME UP
and I will be ready
just a few jobs tomorrow morning loose ends so to speak
I think batteries will be charged UP
see you all this weekend been trying to put first names to your wildcamping names
I counted 13 possibles and 3 can't make it can we not make it 14+ not that I am superstious or anything
Are Graham and Kath coming????????????

ajs
20-02-2009, 00:18

look forward to meeting you all...drive safe:cool:

me isa ready te go....bike tucked up and straped down in the box van
golf clubs fer company:rolleyes:

van stocked with wine, beer and spirits:eek:.. and a little food stuffs:(

hope they have water on tap cus i aint haulin it:(

i will be there between 1 and 2pm...so's to give me time te give me bike a pre flight rub down :p

regards:)
ajs

btw... if i pass you en route.... (M5-42-1-18 A5)... honk:D

grath
20-02-2009, 16:12
We wish all you guys and gals have a great time on the meet and please don't get too drunk and save some for the next meet:D:D

Wee-z
20-02-2009, 16:28
Hi folks
See you all enjoy yourselves and
drive carefully out there:)

weez
Tony

mandrake
20-02-2009, 17:47
hi all have a good time unfortunatly i cannot attend even though it is only 25 mins away from me , due to the insurance not being valid yet but will be attending the hayfield meet in april awaiting all the reports about the meet

lenny
20-02-2009, 18:32
First post on the meet and we have 10 vans on site so far,slight problems with vans slipping and sliding but we got it sorted.
Think we,ll be all eating in tonight and maybe popping down to the pub for an hour. Will keep you informed.

mandrake
20-02-2009, 18:35
is polly there yet as you say if anyone gets stuck :eek::D:D:D:D

grath
20-02-2009, 18:42
is polly there yet as you say if anyone gets stuck :eek::D:D:D:D

Maybe the TRES.......... fund can procure a tractor to pull everyone out:D:D:D:D lol

mandrake
20-02-2009, 18:48
all have a good time and donny anyone get stuck:eek::D:D

messenger 2.5td
20-02-2009, 19:27
First post on the meet and we have 10 vans on site so far,slight problems with vans slipping and sliding but we got it sorted.
Think we,ll be all eating in tonight and maybe popping down to the pub for an hour. Will keep you informed.

Aw no:mad:thats just not fair telling us that you are visiting the pub tonight,just trying to make us jealous.Have a good one looking forward to the next meet;)Andy.

hymercamper
21-02-2009, 01:36

Be there in the morning got delayed so it would have been too late tonight
rob

cipro
21-02-2009, 19:02
Seems the fun has started with the sliding game:D
Have a great W/E look forward to the all important mug shots:D:eek:

Admin
22-02-2009, 12:05
no updates yet today?

Maybe it was a good night last night then :)

mandrake
22-02-2009, 12:09
well at least they have good weather, we are only 20 mins or so down the road from donny and its been nice enough here .

Polly
22-02-2009, 15:02
Hia
just to let you know I am home safely catch up later:D:D:D

Telstar
22-02-2009, 16:25
Hi guys

Great wekend. New friends found. Lenny, thanks for finding the site. Don't forget if we see you with a new van, we will know that you stole the site fees!!!!

Wish I had some of your mobile numbers, then I could have warned you about the road to Bawtry being closed.

Looking forward to the next get together.

Hope everyone got off OK.

Jon

mandrake
22-02-2009, 17:24
hi nice to hear you have have had a great time looking forward to all the gossip :D:D hope all have a safe trip home .

lenny
22-02-2009, 17:27
Back home safe and sound following a great weekend , Lots of new friends met not to mention the old ones:rolleyes:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/21022009149.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/21022009150.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/21022009151.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/21022009152.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/22022009154.jpg

Allan (Ra blenkinsop)hides his face from the Camera

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/22022009155.jpg

Allans wife Denise was,nt shy:D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/22022009156.jpg

More comments to follow:)

Polly
22-02-2009, 17:27
Hia
Yep that closed road stumped me. Went and asked the young chap which way to go . Right at the Sun Inn and then I forgot the rest :confused::confused:

Had a lovely scenic way home 76 miles going on Friday but some how 85 miles coming back
Oh she does get shirty (my sat nav) with me when I will not do a u turn.
:eek:
Any way what lovely weekend

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO LENNY FOR ORGANISING THIS EXPEDITION

Weather was great company great what more can I say

Your Adam is a credit to you Lenny very polite

Oh do the rest want to see the first of the photoes I'll show you mine and then we will wait for everyone elses.

Friday afternoon
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch
/Whitehousefarmfeb2009001.jpg

Boys will be Boys
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009002.jpg

The canal on Friday afternoon

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009004.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009008.jpg

Campsite Friday

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009011.jpg

Campsite Saturday

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/whitehousefarmfeb2009030.jpg

Walk on Saturday

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009014.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009016.jpg

mandrake
22-02-2009, 17:32
great pics, love the canal and the boats. if i had the money a canal boat would be my first purchase :D

messenger 2.5td
22-02-2009, 17:42
Hi all,looks like it was a very good turnout the good weather helped no doubt.Some nice photos of the meet thanks Lenny and Polly for sharing:)Andy

Polly
22-02-2009, 17:48
Hia
Last few of mine

marina

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009016.jpg

Pub

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009017.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009018.jpg

feeding time on saturday evening Guess who had jam Suit Rolly (not Me)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009019.jpg

BIRTHDAY GIRL

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009022.jpg

There is a cake behind all those glasses

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009026.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Whitehousefarmfeb2009027.jpg

That's your lot

I declined having a go on the pully

We all had a good weekend Friday evening sociallising in the pub and testing our torches on the way there and back

Saturday walk calling in on 2 pubs and Saturday evening trying out our torches again
I must admitt I couldnot take the pace Saturday evening so retired early.

Sunday saw socialising and goodbyes till next time
So sad i will miss Hayfield but will make another I am sure of it.

Oh I nearly forgot to tell you I had to stop 3 times in the first 2 miles.
1) To rescue the carbon detextor before it fell down.
2) TV ariel was still up had to lower it.
3) My cd player which is stored above when on site came crashing down on my head nearly concussed for anyone concerned I didnot bleed and just have a little headache.:eek::eek:

Thanks about the gas I had a neighbour take them out (he didn't have time to fiddle with them) I had a look and a little fiddle but I will try and contact someone for help or find a gas man!!!!!:confused: Thanks again

grath
22-02-2009, 17:49
Great folks, looks like you had a fantastic time.:cool:
Well done all:cool:
Thanks for the photo's:cool:

robert b
22-02-2009, 18:59
me and my wife would like to thank lenny for the invite to join you all at your meet we had a great time and hope to join you all on many more . lenny you did a great job with the orginising it all. allan

zeezee16
22-02-2009, 19:01
Hi all,
thanks for a great weekend, great weather and even better people. its always a bit scary when you don't know anyone, but we were made very welcome.
The site was good, at least I didnt get stuck in the mud, I presume everyone got off ok. Was it really 25 per night, or did Lenny con me out of a few quid?
Hope to see you at Glossop, when ever it is.
Cheers, Pete & Ali. (Zeezee).

flashingblade
22-02-2009, 19:11
what a great bunch we are !
yet again i had chance to put faces to names (avitars)
we had our first weekend away in our van and it's been a success.
many thanks to everyone who joined in with birthday celebrations.
sorry, no more cake !
i look forward to seeing you all again at hayfield (old and new faces).
thanks for the card n prezzy polly and thanks for making the effort lenny.

lenny
22-02-2009, 19:24
Many thanks go out to all who attended and contributed to a great meet:)

Thanks again to: ( in no particular order)

Ra blenkinsop (Allan and Denise): Pioneer (Bill and his better half) : Wints (Allen and Eileen) : GeoffW (Geoff and Clare with Steven and Chloe) : Polly : Tresrikay (Our very own Rick) ;AJS (Andy the born again biker) : BillyB (billy and Marry); Zeezee (Pete and Ali); Hymercamper (Rob);
Telstar (Jon and Pam) and Flashingblade ( Geoff and better half and birthday girl Kara).

Apologies for the names I forgot:o or for any I may have got wrong:confused::o

PS A special mention should be given to GeoffW for attending after a week of Wilding on battery power and taking in Two meets in the meantime;):)

PPS The weekend seemed to fly over:(, but I suppose this is the case when you,re enjoying yourselves.

wints
22-02-2009, 19:42
Hi guys

Great wekend. New friends found. Lenny, thanks for finding the site. Don't forget if we see you with a new van, we will know that you stole the site fees!!!!

Hope everyone got off OK.

Jon

We did get off ok once you'd shifted your van !!
I think Lenny could've organised the village pub re-decoration at a time that would'nt have clashed with the meet. That apart, I think Lenny done well !!
catch you all next time.
regards
Allen & Eileen

Polly
22-02-2009, 20:30
Hia
How did you manage to remember all our names Lenny.
I had a paper to write them down but still couldn't remember
THANKS AGAIN LENNY

Hi Zee Zee I was charged 30 per night

When's Lenny getting his new van!!!

I actually don't think he will he will just customise his Pride and Joy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

cipro
22-02-2009, 20:56
WOW you all had a great W/E but I new you would:cool:
Pics look good and it would be great to meet new people, so next time
I hope PS who is the scary man with the beard wow great character
I presume he was in the gang:D:eek::D:D

hymercamper
22-02-2009, 23:24
Great meet Lenny nice to meet some new faces as well as the ones i had already met
Rob

tresrikay
23-02-2009, 14:04
Thanks one and all for a superb weekend, I consider the 40 handed over to Lenny for the weekend an absolute bargain...... however I assume the shiftyness behind his van with the owners:rolleyes: was just incase the handed over notes blew away in the strong winds. and that the hastily shut wallets were just another precaution against the wind.

Must have been just a coincidence that a van like Lenny's was parked up at the mansfield Brownhills...... :D Just nipped in for a gas bottle change or something.:mad:
Anyway, The results of the secret ballot for social secretary of the forum were as follows with 746 votes ...... Jack
with 36 votes...Lenny's son Adam
With 22 votes Polly
With 1 vote Rick:mad::mad:
with 71 votes Lenny
with 23 votes David Cameron
There were 5 votes for Tresrikay to be Tresurer:mad::(:mad::D
there were 38 spoiled ballots and one 5 note with "from Lenny" written on an attached post it note.

So I do hereby Declare Lenny as duly elected to the post of social secretary

zeezee16
23-02-2009, 16:24
WOW you all had a great W/E but I new you would:cool:
Pics look good and it would be great to meet new people, so next time
I hope PS who is the scary man with the beard wow great character
I presume he was in the gang:D:eek::D:D
I'm the scary man with the beard. The name's Pete, I live in Leeds, and I DON'T drink a lot of beer.

ajs
23-02-2009, 17:43

finally .. just got back via the hospital :(
(should have seen the look on their faces when i pulled in to car park with truck and van attached :eek:)...

thanks fer payin my site fees len :cool:...and fer the crates of scotch;)... and the tank of fuel :D

top man :)

i'll catch up later... need some food :o

regards;)
ajs

Pioneer
23-02-2009, 17:49
Lenny,
thanks for a great meet, it was our first and will not be the last.
Nice to have met up with so many of you. Maybe meet again at Hayfield?
Regards to you all,
Bill and Angela.

Happy Camping:) but not in the MUD;)

BillyB666
23-02-2009, 20:55
Panic not, you don't get that lucky. For some reason my log in kept failing so I'll start a fresh with BillyB666

We had a fantastic time great to meet everyone & get the chance to show off my ploughing skills ...........

All packed & ready for Portugal, see you at Hayfields

BTW to i win a prize for distance travelled for the meet :D:D:D:D:D

Take it easy

Bri & Marie

Brians my real name - Billy is because of my resemblance to Sir William of Bunter

Geoff.W
24-02-2009, 22:51
Hi all. What a great weekend, really enjoyed meeting lots of new people and reaquainting with those we've met before.

The greatest of thanks must go to Lenny for organising the meet and I hope you had a good trip back.

My thanks also go to all the others there who made it such an enjoyable weekend.

Thank you all

fairways18
27-02-2009, 02:14

finally .. just got back via the hospital :(
(should have seen the look on their faces when i pulled in to car park with truck and van attached :eek:)...

thanks fer payin my site fees len :cool:...and fer the crates of scotch;)... and the tank of fuel :D

top man :)

i'll catch up later... need some food :o

regards;)
ajs

Come on then ajs :rolleyes:....what's all this about then....????????

ajs
27-02-2009, 23:31
Come on then ajs :rolleyes:....what's all this about then....????????

spinal injection appointment monday afternoon.. 2nd of 3 .. it hurts:mad:

tother was just banter pairtrays;)... read earlier about len being teased re collecting tooooo much dosh :D

regards;)
aj

OI... get yerself along to the next 1...:cool:

ajs
03-03-2009, 01:19

soz for the delay.. puter No 1 has been away for a rebuild.. back on line with it today...
so.... some pics at last from white house:cool:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/vans3.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/vans1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/dinnertable.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/coupleeatin.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/birthday-1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/treasureeatin.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/pmms/white%20house%20farm/treasurepuddin.jpg

Wee-z
03-03-2009, 09:32
Thanks for the photos
Excellent
Wish we could have made it
another time perhaps:(

Weez
Tony

grath
03-03-2009, 19:06
A big well done to the guys that took the time to take the photo's
:cool::cool::):)
And to the ones that couldn't use a camera:p:(:D or had broken fingers:D:p
or usually say Oh I forgot the camera:o

cipro
03-03-2009, 19:54
Great pics ,,,,,,,,love the one of the vans all in a row
looks like they are ready for a race and all looking
nice and clean you posh lot:D:D

Telstar
03-03-2009, 20:14
I cannot work out wether it was a cheap camera that made me look as though I was pi55ed or a great camera that caught me mid blink. I only had a couple all night whilst waiting for the 'eaters' to finish.

Jon

tresrikay
03-03-2009, 20:24
I cannot work out wether it was a cheap camera that made me look as though I was pi55ed or a great camera that caught me mid blink. I only had a couple all night whilst waiting for the 'eaters' to finish.

Jon

A couple in the van;), a couple earlier on;) a hip flask on the way;) and a couple in the pub.:rolleyes:

Remember we have the EDINBURGH photos of past evidence;):D

ajs
03-03-2009, 20:30

Jon

is that you bellstar at the end of the table just finishing off yer 10th pint :eek:

:D

regards;)
ajs

ajs
03-03-2009, 20:33

did you finish yer pud treasuredickie :rolleyes:...

:D

regards;)
aj

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS