PDA

View Full Version : Er! Wild camping

beejay
19-02-2006, 14:51
Hi. New member here. We've read a number of posts on the forum, & whilst some do mention out of the way places, the trend seems to be car-parks/lay-by's. We've never "Wild Camped" before, and would probably enjoy it, to paying silly prices on overcrowded sites/CLs. But we weren't considering car parks etc as an attractive alternative.
Scotland used to be the bee's-knees for camping anywhere, but that has all changed, now that pop/movie stars? have bought up the land.
Sorry for the down-beat, but having found this site, we were hoping for some possitive guidance. We hope you guys can put us straight on the realities of wild camping, as we seemed to have had a romantic/rosy view of it. We are hoping to be proved wrong. :unsure:

Kind Regards

BeeJay

jann
24-02-2006, 19:35
It is not often that we would stay in a lay by.Picnic sites are good places to aim for.In remote areas a small car park by the beach or in the woods is totally different to what a lot of people might think of as a car park.
Try it for yourselves,you'll be surprised.

Trevor
12-02-2008, 22:31
Hi beejay I personaly dot think Motorway laybys are any good except when you are driving a long distance and you are really tired and even then only for an hour or so, better to use a truckstop. :)

lenny
12-02-2008, 22:37
Hi. New member here. We've read a number of posts on the forum, & whilst some do mention out of the way places, the trend seems to be car-parks/lay-by's. We've never "Wild Camped" before, and would probably enjoy it, to paying silly prices on overcrowded sites/CLs. But we weren't considering car parks etc as an attractive alternative.
Scotland used to be the bee's-knees for camping anywhere, but that has all changed, now that pop/movie stars? have bought up the land.
Sorry for the down-beat, but having found this site, we were hoping for some possitive guidance. We hope you guys can put us straight on the realities of wild camping, as we seemed to have had a romantic/rosy view of it. We are hoping to be proved wrong. :unsure:

Kind Regards

BeeJay

Hi and welcome, Beejay, if you're ever up the north east, let us know and we will advise you on proper wild sleepyspots,you won't be disapointed.

Enjoy the site

avandriver
13-02-2008, 06:52
Hi beejay I personaly dot think Motorway laybys are any good except when you are driving a long distance and you are really tired and even then only for an hour or so, better to use a truckstop. :)

Hi and welcome, Beejay, if you're ever up the north east, let us know and we will advise you on proper wild sleepyspots,you won't be disapointed.

Enjoy the site

Have you guys been on the falling down fluid ?

You have answered this post two years late

Steve

merlin wanderer
13-02-2008, 07:05

Kind Regards

BeeJay

Hi guys still plenty of wild stops in scotland
well thats if you are comming here near water
are my favorites check my posts with photos
they are mostly all from wildcamping spots
to do this click in my user name or any other this takes you to
profiles click all posts by user
also brill photos from hillwalker

sagart
13-02-2008, 11:36
Hi. New member here.

BeeJay

I think this might be termed a slight exaggeration! Scotland is probably the easiest and friendliest part of the Uk. for wildcamping, Wales and Southern Ireland a close second and England well down the list..

hillwalker
13-02-2008, 17:03
awrite mate, i woud'nt be seen dead in a laybye or carpark, there's to many neds aboot. ur better well away from the main roads,park next to a river or the sea or a lovely loch, u cannie beat it ..check my post's and merlin's .crackin wild camp in scotland..:D

cipro
13-02-2008, 19:04
Have you guys been on the falling down fluid ?

You have answered this post two years late

Steve

LOL:D:D well spotted still better late than never:eek::eek:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS