PDA

View Full Version : Wild camping at the south gare REDCAR Teeside

bobhogrunner
15-01-2009, 11:49
If you find your way to Warrenby, go straight through and you will follow the road between the Golf course and the Steel works. The road continues all the way out to the gare. there are no facilities, but the views are good and it is usually peaceful. There is a cafe at the boat yard. There is LOTS of Space and excellent beach walks/bird watching.

I should have said that you can fish of both the beach and the gare(permit needed i think) and there are quite often wind /kite surfers in the bays on the seaward side and the riverside.

Although it is quite "out of the way" It should be safe as there are regular Port Authority Police patrols(they have never bothered me).

GPS(Garmin Nuvi) COORDINATES: N 54-38.567
W001-08.340

lenny
15-01-2009, 12:14
Thanks for sharing this spot Boghogrunner;), will definitely be checking this out in the future:rolleyes::cool:

phunkinutz
25-01-2010, 16:13
If you find your way to Warrenby, go straight through and you will follow the road between the Golf course and the Steel works. The road continues all the way out to the gare. there are no facilities, but the views are good and it is usually peaceful. There is a cafe at the boat yard. There is LOTS of Space and excellent beach walks/bird watching.

I should have said that you can fish of both the beach and the gare(permit needed i think) and there are quite often wind /kite surfers in the bays on the seaward side and the riverside.

Although it is quite "out of the way" It should be safe as there are regular Port Authority Police patrols(they have never bothered me).

GPS(Garmin Nuvi) COORDINATES: N 54-38.567
W001-08.340

I live nearby to the Gare, the above is true. No permit needed for fishing as it is classed as sea fishing, you occasionally get the odd boy racer smoking a joint but they soon leave after the've done. The road from Warenby is private owned by Corus steel works however no one ever seems to care. There can be loud sirens throughout the night from the steal works and a unbearable smell of sulpher on occasion. It does depend on the direction of the wind! It is a good area to pitch up but thought it be best to give a bigger picture of the area.

tholt-y-will
27-01-2010, 18:41
Went on to look at South Gare, Redcar. Brand new Corus signs up near the roundabout - "Trespassers are being monitored on CCTV and will be prosecuted.

John Thompson
27-01-2010, 22:37
Went on to look at South Gare, Redcar. Brand new Corus signs up near the roundabout - "Trespassers are being monitored on CCTV and will be prosecuted.

Naturenet: English Common Law (http://www.naturenet.net/law/common.html)

All land in this country belongs to someone. If you go on to land without the owner's permission, you are trespassing unless there is some right of access for the public, or for you specifically (for example if you have acquired a right to pass over the land to reach some land of your own).

Trespass : This law is of little practical use but might be employed when arguing with more reasonable people. It is not normally possible to be a trespasser whilst legitimately on a right of way. However, if the user is not using the right of way as a route to get from one place to another, but using it for some other reason, such as to interfere with the landowner, they can be considered to be a trespasser.

Anyone damaging anything deliberately and without good reason is committing an offence. This includes plants, trees, and all installations such as fences, signs, or paths.

The landowner does not have to give a reason. If the person does not go immediately, by the shortest practical route, then they are trespassing. Despite the well known sign ‘trespassers will be prosecuted’, trespass is not a criminal offence and trespassers cannot usually be prosecuted. They can, however, be sued. There is little chance of such a matter ever being so serious as to be worth suing over, and so this rarely happens.

Section 61 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 allows the senior police officer attending the scene of an incident involving a trespass or nuisance on land to order trespassers to leave the land and to remove their vehicles as soon as reasonably practicable. The power can only be used when there are two or more people there and "are present there with the common purpose of residing there for any period, [and] that reasonable steps have been taken by or on behalf of the occupier to ask them to leave" and either the trespassers have six or more vehicles between them, or they have caused damage to the land or to property on the land or used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour - or both. So really it's not likely to cover anything other than a major invasion. This power is not often used, but for practical purposes this is the only instance where you might get the police to come and actually remove trespassers from a bit of land.

Canalsman
27-01-2010, 22:53
So in effect the Corus sign is of little consequence providing you behave yourself ...

Is that correct?

John Thompson
28-01-2010, 07:36

So in effect the Corus sign is of little consequence providing you behave yourself ...

Is that correct?

The sign is simply stating ownership of the land and that visitors are not welcome.

My understanding is that they can ask you to leave. If you don't by the shortest route you are trespassing.

This is a very old law, as it says it is not a criminal act so you cannot be prosecuted.

If you refuse to leave and there are two persons and or 6 vehicles then Section 61 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 can be invoked.

The landowner is liable if you camp on his land without permission under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act (1960). The local authority can prosecute him not you. By erecting a sign he is covering his back by being able to say that you didn't have permission to camp on his land.

If you are asked to move on, do so without any arguments.

stevenm5264
12-05-2011, 13:10
spent monday night here was going to turn when saw signs but got talking to some locals and they said its ok police had drive by in morning all we got was nice smile and a wave good spot if you have a dog bit of noise from steelworks

Stacetop
26-01-2012, 21:16
Has anyone stayed here recently? Is it still OK? I was thinking of this spot for next month a saturday night?

Stubby
14-02-2012, 05:52
Hi stacetop we use this place all the time as do my mam and dad its a good spot the odd idiot but you get that every where. fishermen will park close to you at nite and go fishing but thats so the cars are safe iv never had any probs on the gare go and enjoy
Stubby:cool:

storesy64
12-08-2014, 14:18
Dont stay there some lads on drugs tried to get into this mans van we came off 2 in the morning contacted police the were arrested not safe

Obanboy666
12-08-2014, 17:29
Wouldn't dream of staying there !

Notorious for car vandalism and breaking into cars. Some years back i visited the car park at North Gare and the first thing i noticed was broken glass from car side windows strewn on the ground. Now avoid it like the plague.

grahamb
12-08-2014, 20:46
The road to the gare is owned by the steel works and is closed 1day every year to keep it private. apart from that day its permitted to use it, used to dig bait down there. still go now and then to walk the dog never had any bother,but don't think I would overnight there.

John Thompson
13-08-2014, 06:24
The road to the gare is owned by the steel works and is closed 1day every year to keep it private. apart from that day its permitted to use it, used to dig bait down there. still go now and then to walk the dog never had any bother,but don't think I would overnight there.

Used it a number of times since returning from Spain in April. Never had any problem. It has always been very quiet with only us there after 11pm to 6am. It could be because of the holidays that these people are hanging around. The action that was taken involving the Police was the best thing to do.

John

groyne
14-08-2014, 18:11
The mackerel are in so the Gare's a magnet for the idiots in the summer. It's usually ok in the spring and autumn. But beware on cold frosty winter nights it attracts the hardier nutters after the whiting.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS