PDA

View Full Version : Scarboro

Billyb
15-01-2009, 19:47
Spent a peaceful night or 2 just after new year at Scarboro, just as you go past the coast guards "castle" thingy & get on to Marine drive about 100m on the left there is a water purifying station with a small car pack st back - ideal.

Bri

mandrake
16-01-2009, 11:58
we like Scarborough and visit often, usually stay on the sealife carpark at scalby mills as its quieter during the season and a nice pub only a stones throw away . i suppose out of season you will not be bothered on the marine drive, but dont know about summertime as there are notices of no overnighting. back in the 70s when we were first married we used to pitch an old scout tent on the cliffs at scalby then we bought a vw splitty and parked on the marine drive but that was in the 70s no one cared then .

robert b
16-01-2009, 12:36
i no the place well good spot to fish at high tide

mandrake
16-01-2009, 13:05
during the season there are usualy 1 or 2 vans at scalby

LozSiBen
18-02-2009, 22:33
We stayed in the same place on marine drive last August bank holiday weekend.........no problem at all :):)

2CRAZYCAMPERS
13-05-2009, 20:46
the best spot is on the sea front

its free after 6pm

robert b
14-05-2009, 06:33
be care ful ive heard that its patroled 24 7 now and its not free after six in the peak season its patroled by little hitlers on mopeds and they are jobs worths .

channa
14-05-2009, 08:53
be care ful ive heard that its patroled 24 7 now and its not free after six in the peak season its patroled by little hitlers on mopeds and they are jobs worths .

Ditto
My parents live in Filey, and used to live at Burniston. During the winter months things are pretty relaxed but as you say when the season gets into full swing, the local council gestapo appear
Channa

vera
14-05-2009, 09:46
We were in Scarborough last weekend and walked in Wykeham Forest there were lots of places suitable for overnight stops and no signs about camping Etc

robert b
14-05-2009, 12:20
Ditto
My parents live in Filey, and used to live at Burniston. During the winter months things are pretty relaxed but as you say when the season gets into full swing, the local council gestapo appear. Channaive seen them in action may times my daughter lives in east ayton and i have stayed on the sea life centre a couple of times i love the place .

channa
14-05-2009, 12:35
ive seen them in action may times my daughter lives in east ayton and i have stayed on the sea life centre a couple of times i love the place .

Not wild camping I know, But an excellent members only cc site at West Ayton too.

I noticed on the Country Park at Filey the notices re overnight stopping were still there ( including the other car parks in Filey ) But the bottom line re fine had been covered up with masking tape.

I haven't been recently but I imagine the 50 penalty has been re instated.

Channa

robert b
14-05-2009, 13:08
i use sea life centre when i fish

channa
14-05-2009, 13:10
i use sea life centre when i fish

Good spot I am told, I have never had any problems at Mappleton FYI near Hornsea if you enjoy chucking a lead about

Channa

Chrissy
14-05-2009, 18:01
If we can get new (to us) gearbox in that is arriving tomorrow in our Bedford CF, will be at Sea Life Centre on Saturday :) GOOD TIMES - positive thinking could make it happen ;)

channa
14-05-2009, 18:08
If we can get new (to us) gearbox in that is arriving tomorrow in our Bedford CF, will be at Sea Life Centre on Saturday :) GOOD TIMES - positive thinking could make it happen ;)

I am sure you dont need reminding, that copious cups of tea, perhaps the occasional bacon buttie...will accelerate the fitting of your new box !!...

Perhaps mention if the box isnt fitted to your mechanic (hubby ) a shopping trip might be required as therapy.

100 percent guarantee, you will be at the Sea Life car park ;)

Channa

nigel54
14-05-2009, 20:05
Mappleton, nice quiet place to overnight, but b4 darkness falls & from 0730am I thought I was at Crufts.

robert b
14-05-2009, 20:12
I am sure you dont need reminding, that copious cups of tea, perhaps the occasional bacon buttie...will accelerate the fitting of your new box !!...

Perhaps mention if the box isnt fitted to your mechanic (hubby ) a shopping trip might be required as therapy.

Channahi i will be in scarboro on sat afternoon i wont be in motorhome its under repair , but i will be in my scenic it will be after 3 wen i get there so i might pop down and give you a visit if weathers not to bad i will have a black labrador with me .

Chrissy
15-05-2009, 07:23

Channa

LOL, thanks for that Channa - the threat of the shopping trip will definitely work as he has to come with me, teeheehee :D

Chrissy
15-05-2009, 07:26
hi i will be in scarboro on sat afternoon i wont be in motorhome its under repair , but i will be in my scenic it will be after 3 wen i get there so i might pop down and give you a visit if weathers not to bad i will have a black labrador with me .

Hi Alan, we probably won't be there by three but I'll say hello to anyone I see with a black labrador, after we arrive, to check if it's you :D It's more likely to be around 5 ish.

Chrissy
16-05-2009, 07:09
:eek: Can't go - needs alteration (by some "expert") :( to bell housing to accommodate different gear lever and can't be sorted until early next week :mad: so will have to try Sea Life centre out for BH now - I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Chrissy

robert b
16-05-2009, 08:51
:eek: Can't go - needs alteration (by some "expert") :( to bell housing to accommodate different gear lever and can't be sorted until early next week :mad: so will have to try Sea Life centre out for BH now - I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Chrissysorry to hear that hope you get it sorted . i no the feeling still waiting to get my motor home done

channa
16-05-2009, 09:14
Oh dear Chrissy, sorry to hear of your problem. Has you say though the wait will be worth it.

Channa

1967bowesj
16-05-2009, 21:35
Chrissy look out for a swift royale on b/h weekend we'll be there:):)

Chrissy
22-05-2009, 14:45
OK, we're all fixed with new (to us) gear box in, altered propshaft and gear lever with an overdrive on - sounds like I know what I'm talking about :D but :confused: really.

Anyway, we were all set to get off this evening as hubby's boss had said they were closing for this Saturday and then I find out today that they have booked MOT's in for tmorro morning so now can't get away until tomorrow lunchtime :mad: :( :rolleyes: RUBBISH :mad: We miss a whole day of bliss and freedom :(
Chrissy

robert b
22-05-2009, 15:16
:)
OK, we're all fixed with new (to us) gear box in, altered propshaft and gear lever with an overdrive on - sounds like I know what I'm talking about :D but :confused: really.

Anyway, we were all set to get off this evening as hubby's boss had said they were closing for this Saturday and then I find out today that they have booked MOT's in for tmorro morning so now can't get away until tomorrow lunchtime :mad: :( :rolleyes: RUBBISH :mad: We miss a whole day of bliss and freedom :(
Chrissyare you going to be in scarb on sunday as we are going to be over at my daughters and no dought we will be on north bay as wife had to work on sat so we couldnt go any where.

Chrissy
22-05-2009, 16:22
:)are you going to be in scarb on sunday as we are going to be over at my daughters and no dought we will be on north bay as wife had to work on sat so we couldnt go any where.

Allan, we're planning on going over to Whitby on Sun morning to car boot that we liike there, just outside of Whitby - not sure if we're gonna stay around there or whether we're gonna come back to Scarboro - thoughts at the moment are spend Sunday in Whitby - if we can park - and then head back late afternoon / teatime for Scarb again - I'm thinking that having breakfast looking at that Vista from the van window will be blissfiul and what a way to start the day. I'll look out for you and your black labrador if we're around.

channa
22-05-2009, 16:59
Good Luck on your maiden trip...!!!

It should be good fun

Happy Camping

Channa

BedfordMJ
22-05-2009, 17:13

Chrissy

Great to hear you got it sorted!

robert b
22-05-2009, 17:18
ok i will look out for you whats the color of your motor home i will be in a grey scenic i will be going to sea life centre

Chrissy
22-05-2009, 17:24
Chrissy look out for a swift royale on b/h weekend we'll be there:):)

Hey Allan, you should look out for these guys as well, we're gonna. We're in a white bedford CF with both Brown and yellow "go faster" stripes down the sides - also, we've got two small dogs, a ginger yorkie / jack russell mix and a beige Pugzu (pug / ****zu mix) in case you see us out and about.
Hope we all get to say hello :)
Chrissy

kimbowbill
22-05-2009, 18:28
hi

can i join the party?

Chrissy
22-05-2009, 18:47
hi

can i join the party?

Of course :), the more the merrier, it would be nice to say hello to a few peeps.

What kind of van do you have?

C ya

Chrissy

kimbowbill
22-05-2009, 19:05
Of course :), the more the merrier, it would be nice to say hello to a few peeps.

What kind of van do you have?

C ya

Chrissy

thanks, i'm at a bit of a loss this weekend, on my own again, dont want to do diy or clean the house, i will make for the sea life centre on saturday night hope to see you there, i'm in an Elldis Monarch H reg, i have 2 big soft stupid dogs, what you in i will come and say hello, probably get arrested for been a nuicence but hey ho :)

Chrissy
22-05-2009, 19:49
thanks, i'm at a bit of a loss this weekend, on my own again, dont want to do diy or clean the house, i will make for the sea life centre on saturday night hope to see you there, i'm in an Elldis Monarch H reg, i have 2 big soft stupid dogs, what you in i will come and say hello, probably get arrested for been a nuicence but hey ho :) :eek:

We're in a white bedford CF with both Brown and yellow "go faster" stripes down the sides.

C U then

Chrissy

kimbowbill
22-05-2009, 22:35
:eek:

We're in a white bedford CF with both Brown and yellow "go faster" stripes down the sides.

C U then

Chrissy

cool, thing is...... does it make you go faster:D

lenny
22-05-2009, 22:52
:eek:

C U then

Chrissy

Great to see members meeting up, have a great weekend you two;):)

kimbowbill
22-05-2009, 23:23
Great to see members meeting up, have a great weekend you two;):)

Thanks Lenny, the weather is looking pretty good, but not bothered if it rains as long as i'm not stuck in the house i dont care, hope you have a great weekend whatever you do

Jenny

Chrissy
23-05-2009, 07:16
cool, thing is...... does it make you go faster:D

Yep, a speedy 10mph is what we get :D btw that's not 10mph extra :D :D :D

robert b
24-05-2009, 20:31
just got back from sunny scarborough. went to sea life centre but only saw two vans parked up one was in the far corner near the gate and other near entrance but none of them was a bedford or an elddis i might have bee to early to see you i was there at about 3 .30 ish

Chrissy
26-05-2009, 09:34
just got back from sunny scarborough. went to sea life centre but only saw two vans parked up one was in the far corner near the gate and other near entrance but none of them was a bedford or an elddis i might have bee to early to see you i was there at about 3 .30 ish

Hi Allan, sorry but we didn't make it back there, I didn't think it would be a problem to you as you said you were visitng your daughter who lives there anyway.

Well, we arrived mid afternoon on Saturday and Kimbowbill introduced herself immediately, a bit of a shock :eek: as I had thought that she was a he. Anyway, hubby and I unpacked the dogs, hit the pub for a quick drink (not overpriced and dog / children freindly) and then had our feed back at the van (chilli and coriander sea bass and sun dried tomato wedges with a wild rocket salad). We set out to say hello properly to Jenny and to take the dogs for a walk and by 5:45 we were enjoying a convivial drink (whisky and ginger - provided by Jenny) :D on the sea wall WHAT A VIEW AND A LOVELY PLACE TO BE. We got on like a house on fire and a little later we went to our van to reciprocate Jenny's hospitality and had a couple more drinks. GOOD TIMES :)

The next morning we (both vans) were off on our way to Whitby car boot sale before nine. We parked up headed off round the boot sale separately and then had a bit of a chat when we arrived back (btw, I bought a jar of homemade rhubarb and ginger jam which is absolutely gorgeous and can highly recommend it if you find yourself that way). We had a lovely view of the fields, hills and sheep where we were parked so had brunch and stayed and chilled for a while (free parking and entrance to car boot). We stayed in each other's company that evening and a very enjoyable weekend was had by all - We left having made a new "wilding" freind and will definately meet up again to visit the east coast and as Jenny lives Sheffield way, maybe the peak district :cool:.

channa
26-05-2009, 09:41
Great story Chrissy , and after your earlier mechanical setbacks, I guess it was more enjoyable sense of achievement.

It is nice you have made new friends too, it sounds like it was a fantastic weekend.

Channa

kimbowbill
26-05-2009, 18:11
Hi Allan, sorry but we didn't make it back there, I didn't think it would be a problem to you as you said you were visitng your daughter who lives there anyway.

Well, we arrived mid afternoon on Saturday and Kimbowbill introduced herself immediately, a bit of a shock :eek: as I had thought that she was a he. Anyway, hubby and I unpacked the dogs, hit the pub for a quick drink (not overpriced and dog / children freindly) and then had our feed back at the van (chilli and coriander sea bass and sun dried tomato wedges with a wild rocket salad). We set out to say hello properly to Jenny and to take the dogs for a walk and by 5:45 we were enjoying a convivial drink (whisky and ginger - provided by Jenny) :D on the sea wall WHAT A VIEW AND A LOVELY PLACE TO BE. We got on like a house on fire and a little later we went to our van to reciprocate Jenny's hospitality and had a couple more drinks. GOOD TIMES :)

The next morning we (both vans) were off on our way to Whitby car boot sale before nine. We parked up headed off round the boot sale separately and then had a bit of a chat when we arrived back (btw, I bought a jar of homemade rhubarb and ginger jam which is absolutely gorgeous and can highly recommend it if you find yourself that way). We had a lovely view of the fields, hills and sheep where we were parked so had brunch and stayed and chilled for a while (free parking and entrance to car boot). We stayed in each other's company that evening and a very enjoyable weekend was had by all - We left having made a new "wilding" freind and will definately meet up again to visit the east coast and as Jenny lives Sheffield way, maybe the peak district :cool:.

Hi Chrissy

you describe the weekend perfick, as it was, i got home last night on a real high after such a great time, thanks for your company, i hope i have met a friend for life, i know a couple of spots in the peaks but they do get very busy during summer, maybe save those for the winter months, i am googling for my next journy, i will keep you posted

Take care you two

*J* xx

robert b
26-05-2009, 19:58

The next morning we (both vans) were off on our way to Whitby car boot sale before nine. We parked up headed off round the boot sale separately and then had a bit of a chat when we arrived back (btw, I bought a jar of homemade rhubarb and ginger jam which is absolutely gorgeous and can highly recommend it if you find yourself that way). We had a lovely view of the fields, hills and sheep where we were parked so had brunch and stayed and chilled for a while (free parking and entrance to car boot). We stayed in each other's company that evening and a very enjoyable weekend was had by all - We left having made a new "wilding" freind and will definately meet up again to visit the east coast and as Jenny lives Sheffield way, maybe the peak district :cool:.glad to hear you both had a wonderful weekend . i can recomend hayfield for a meeting place in the peak disrict .

Chrissy
26-05-2009, 22:25
glad to hear you both had a wonderful weekend . i can recomend hayfield for a meeting place in the peak disrict .

Would love to visit Hayfield and will definitely - as a camp site it looks really good :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS